What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (15 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 30th!

Isn’t She Great (2000)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historians Sally Christie and Emma Westwood
• Theatrical Trailer
• 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Lossless Stereo
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 95 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
From Andrew Bergman, the acclaimed director of So Fine, The Freshman, Honeymoon in Vegas, It Could Happen to You and Striptease, comes this outrageous comedy based on the life of Jacqueline Susann, starring screen legend Bette Midler (Big Business, Ruthless People). The hilarious Midler stars as the ambitious woman of dubious talent who writes Valley of the Dolls, the sexy, best-selling novel that takes the world by storm. Jacqueline’s irrepressible sense of humor, indomitable spirit and adoring husband Irving Mansfield (Nathan Lane, The Birdcage) eventually rocket her from struggling starlet to international celebrity. The hilarious cast includes John Cleese (Clockwise), Stockard Channing (The Girl Most Likely to…), John Larroquette (Stripes), David Hyde Pierce (TV’s Frasier), Amanda Peet (Whipped), Christopher McDonald (Broken Flowers) and stand-up comedian and celebrity roast host Jeffrey Ross.

738329251901.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 30th!

Rosebud (1975)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Audio Commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Daniel Kremer
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 126 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
From Otto Preminger, the legendary director of Laura, Anatomy of a Murder, Exodus, Advise & Consent and Bunny Lake Is Missing, comes this thrilling adventure yarn starring screen greats Sir Peter O’Toole (Lawrence of Arabia, The Lion in Winter) and Sir Richard Attenborough (The Great Escape, Brighton Rock). Larry Martin (O’Toole) is a reporter secretly working for the CIA as he travels around the globe tasked, along with Israeli intelligence, to work for the release of five wealthy girls kidnapped by the anti-Israel Palestinian Liberation Army from the yacht Rosebud. Edward Sloat (Attenborough), the extremist head of Black September, is connected with the kidnappings, and is subsequently hunted down after his plans for a centralized global terrorist network are uncovered. The stellar cast includes Cliff Gorman (The Boys in the Band), Peter Lawford (Salt and Pepper), Raf Vallone (Cannon for Cordoba), Adrienne Corri (The File of the Golden Goose), Isabelle Huppert (The Bedroom Window) and Kim Cattrall (The Return of the Musketeers).

738329252625.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
If you have faith in Leonard Maltin's reviewers, his movie guide gives this title a "BOMB" rating.
I don’t have faith in Leonard Maltin’s reviews or his web site. I agree with some of his movie reviews, and I strongly disagree with others.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Rosebud is a film I have seen several times over the years; it is a film that I enjoy. I recommend that you give it a try.
I think that they did a nice job casting this film. There are some future stars among the actresses who played the topless young women hostages on the yacht. I like the beautiful young Kim Cattrall in her early film and TV roles in Columbo, The Incredible Hulk and Big Trouble in Little China, for example. Rosebud might be her first movie role.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Does anyone still take Leonard Maltin seriously? :lol:

I don’t have faith in Leonard Maltin’s reviews or his web site. I agree with some of his movie reviews, and I strongly disagree with others.

Very few of the reviews for films that are more recent than the 70s or 80s are actually done by Maltin. He has a team of minions that are responsible for them, and so not surprisingly, there's no consistency of viewpoint.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 30th!

Lust, Caution (2007)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Eddy Von Mueller
Titles of Deception & Lurid Affections: Discover How Ang Lee's Passion Fueled Every Step of This Erotic Thriller -- From Recreating the Period to Directing the Talented Cast
• Theatrical Trailer
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Stereo
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 157 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated NC-17
From two-time Oscar-winner Ang Lee, the acclaimed director of Sense and Sensibility, The Ice Storm, Brokeback Mountain, Life of Pi and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, comes this romantic drama starring the great Tony Leung (In the Mood for Love) with Wei Tang (Blackhat) and Joan Chen (The Last Emperor). Set against the backdrop of a transforming country, Lust, Caution tells the provocative story of a young woman (Tang) who finds herself swept up in a radical plot to assassinate a ruthless and secretive intelligence agent. As she immerses herself in her role as a cosmopolitan seductress, she becomes entangled in a dangerous game that will ultimately determine her fate. Erotic, breathtaking and suspenseful, this award-winning film was hailed by critics as “exquisitely beautiful” (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times) and “lushly sensual” (Leah Rozen, People).

738329251932.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks