Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3)

Real Name
Insider
Coming February 2nd from Kino Lorber and Scorpion Releasing!

The Norseman (1978)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

TV legend Lee Majors (Killer Fish and TV’s The Six Million Dollar Man, The Big Valley, The Fall Guy) stars as THE NORSEMAN! Before Columbus was born, an 11th-century Viking prince (Majors) sails from Greenland to the unknown land we now call America in search of his father - a Norse king (Mel Ferrer, The Great Alligator, The Visitor, War and Peace) who went on an earlier expedition and was captured by the savage warriors of the Iroquois nation. Also starring the great Cornel Wilde (The Naked Prey, Sharks’ Treasure), Christopher Connelly (Raiders of Atlantis, Strike Commando, Foxtrap), Jack Elam (Cannonball Run, Hannie Caulder, A Knife for the Ladies), and football legend Deacon Jones (Black Gunn). Directed by cult legend Charles B. Pierce (The Town That Dreaded Sundown, The Evictors). Now watch this exciting epic in HD!

738329251765.jpg

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.

The Norseman (1978)
• Theatrical Trailer

TV legend Lee Majors (Killer Fish and TV’s The Six Million Dollar Man, The Big Valley, The Fall Guy) stars as THE NORSEMAN! Before Columbus was born, an 11th-century Viking prince (Majors) sails from Greenland to the unknown land we now call America in search of his father - a Norse king (Mel Ferrer, The Great Alligator, The Visitor, War and Peace) who went on an earlier expedition and was captured by the savage warriors of the Iroquois nation. Also starring the great Cornel Wilde (The Naked Prey, Sharks’ Treasure), Christopher Connelly (Raiders of Atlantis, Strike Commando, Foxtrap), Jack Elam (Cannonball Run, Hannie Caulder, A Knife for the Ladies), and football legend Deacon Jones (Black Gunn). Directed by cult legend Charles B. Pierce (The Town That Dreaded Sundown, The Evictors). Now watch this exciting epic in HD!

View attachment 80652
thanks you kino lorber releasing that movie i have been wait get blu ray for long time on my wishlist. i really totally enjoy it, but when i saw this film on vhs release at video store rental back day. you have best releases universal stuff you are going to get another deal universal third deal might be rumor that true may to 2021 next year soon get more horror and tv movie horror and never been released home media video anything kind of stuff before.

Reactions: Darby67 and borisfw

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

The Norseman (1978)
• Theatrical Trailer

View attachment 80652
I still remember seeing this film when it came out when I was in 6th grade. Loved it then. Its never had a good home video release before. Looking forward to seeing this.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand New 4K Restoration!

Illustrious Corpses (1976)
Cadaveri Eccellenti Starring Lino Ventura, Max Von Sydow, Fernando Rey, Tino Carraro, Marcel Bozzuffi, Paolo Bonacelli, Alain Cuny, Maria Carta, Luigi Pistilli, Tina Aumont, Renato Salvatori & Charles Vanel – Shot by Pasqualino De Santis (Romeo and Juliet, Death in Venice) – Music by Piero Piccioni (Contempt, Swept Away) – Produced by Alberto Grimaldi (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Gangs of New York) – Screenplay by Francesco Rosi, Tonino Guerra (Blow-Up) & Lino Iannuzzi (The Numbers Game) – Based on a Novel by Leonardo Sciascia (We Still Kill the Old Way) – Directed by Francisco Rosi (Lucky Luciano, The Mattei Affair).

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'ALBERTO GRIMALDI M FRANCESCO ROSI LINO VENTURA CADAVERI ECCELLENTI TINO CARRARO MARCEL BOZZUFFI PAOLO BONACELLI ALAIN CUNY LUIGI PISTILLI RENATO SALVATORI TINA AUMONT FERNANDO REY MAX VON SIDOW CHARLES VANEL TECHNICOLOR CONTESTO SCIASCIA NNTRRE EIRAURI Unrted Artisis Europa'

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Coming February 2nd from Code Red!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

The Great Alligator (1979) aka Il fiume del grande caimano
• 2016 HD Master from the Original Negative
• Interview with Underwater Camera Operator Gianlorenzo Battaglia
• Round Table Discussion with SFX Paolo Ricci, Cinematographer Giancarlo Ferrando and Art Director Massimo Antonello Geleng
• Interview with Camera Operator Claudio Morabito
• In the Crocodiles Nest: Interview with Director Sergio Martino and Art Director Massimo Antonello Geleng
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 88 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
Meaner than Jaws... More bloodthirsty than Piranha... Here comes The Great Alligator, a blood-soaked tale of jungle greed and just desserts from cult director Sergio Martino (Torso). Barbara Bach (The Unseen, The Spy Who Loved Me) and Claudio Cassinelli (Screamers, Slave of the Cannibal God, Hands of Steel) head into the steamy jungles of Southeast Asia where construction for an exclusive resort is treading onto territory that the Kuma natives hold sacred... and their alligator god Kroona takes personally. Paradise turns into an unrelenting nightmare in this outrageous giant creature feast also starring Mel Ferrer (The Visitor, Eaten Alive), Richard Johnson (The Haunting, Beyond the Door), Bobby Rhodes (Demons, Demons 2), Romano Puppo (After the Fall of New York, Street Law) and child actress Silvia Collatina (Murderock), with a screenplay co-written by the legendary Ernesto Gastaldi (All the Colors of the Dark, The Grand Duel) and a pounding score by the great Stelvio Cipriani (Bay of Blood, Tentacles). Find out who lives and who dies in this essential ‘70s shocker, now remastered from the original negative for the first time in HD!

View attachment 80575
Just give us the Lewis Teague film ALLIGATOR written by John Sayles! No one in the world has released a (legitimate) Blu-ray of that funny/scary movie. Kino?

Bernard McNair

Second Unit
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Very happy with today’s announcement of Illustrous Corpses a movie I have never seen but the research I have done on it suggests a quality film.
my KL collection has grown large this year!!

Reactions: Flashgear

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I ordered six new titles (had to limit it due to budgetary but mainly time induced limitations). Unfortunately 5 out of the 6 were listed as out of stock, but I'll be waiting patiently for them. I'm in the middle of watching Criterion's War and Peace so it's not a huge rush... LOL

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
If anyone finds a disc or a box set from the sale that they are particularly excited about, could you post it? I think that the Audie Murphy 3-movie box set looks good.

I was quite excited to find the Reginald Denny Collection available.
I picked up the Carole Lombard, Cary Grant, Tony Curtis and Audie Murphy sets as part of the 24 titles I got during the huge sale.

Real Name
Insider
Coming February 2nd!
Two Classic Films Starring Sammy Davis Jr.

Anna Lucasta (1958)

• Brand New 2K Master
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 97 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
Anna Lucasta
is an illuminating and provocative drama directed by Arnold Laven (Rough Night in Jericho) and written by legendary screenwriter Philip Yordan (The Big Combo). Sultry siren Eartha Kitt (St. Louis Blues) is vibrantly sexy as a lascivious lady of the night, and cool cat Sammy Davis Jr. (A Man Called Adam) displays tremendous appeal and power in this torrid tale of love and greed. When wild child Anna Lucasta (Kitt) is thrown out of the house by her self-righteous father, she falls into the life of prostitution... and into the arms of street-wise sailor Danny Johnson (Davis). But after Anna shocks them all by finally finding true love with a well-heeled young suitor, her unforgiving father sets a vengeful plan in motion to remind his daughter of her sordid past... and destroy her future forever.

A Man Called Adam (1966)
• Brand New 4K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Critic Sergio Mims
• Trailers
• Dual Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 99 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
Legendary entertainer Sammy Davis Jr. (Anna Lucasta) headlines a star-studded cast including Louis Armstrong (Paris Blues), Ossie Davis (Jungle Fever), Cicely Tyson (Bustin’ Loose), Mel Tormé (The Big Operator) and fellow Rat Pack member Peter Lawford (Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell) in this powerful drama about a jazz musician who “has it all”—love, friendship and fame—but whose tormented past threatens to destroy him and his career. Beautifully shot in stunning black-and-white by Jack Priestley (The Midnight Man) and wonderfully directed by veteran television director Leo Penn (Judgment in Berlin).

Sammy.jpg

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
I would love to see just give us The Hitcher REmake Michael bay and The Spider Woman Strike Back and 1930s horror and 1940s and 1950s one horror from universal you would interesting and 2000s horror and more tv horror we have could have been your available another deal?

Real Name
Insider
Coming February 2nd!

Dark Intruder (1965)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Screenwriter Gary Gerani
• NEW Interview with Mike Westmore, Makeup Artist Bud Westmore's Nephew
• Theatrical Trailer (Newly Restored in HD)

B&W 60 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
Dark Intruder stars Leslie Nielsen (Forbidden Planet) as Brett Kingsford, an Occult expert who is brought in by police to help solve a series of murders in which a mystical statue is left at each crime scene. Kingsford soon discovers a mysterious connection between the victims in this gothic horror tale full of atmosphere and suspense that slowly draws viewers into the mystery until the final terrifying reveal. Co-starring Peter Mark Richman (Agent for H.A.R.M.), Judi Meredith (Jack the Giant Killer), Werner Klemperer (TV’s Hogan’s Heroes), Al Lettieri (Mr. Majestyk) and Peter Brocco (The Balcony). Dark Intruder was written by legendary screenwriter Barré Lyndon (Hangover Square, The War of the Worlds) and directed by television and film veteran Harvey Hart (Bus Riley’s Back in Town, The Pyx, Shoot).

738329251840.jpg

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niloc