What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Our Shoctober Sale Starts Now!
• Over 530 Blu-rays & DVDs - $4.99 & Up!
Free USA Shipping - Orders of $50 or More!

Sale Ends Monday, November 2nd

View attachment 80192
Plan to pick up some more great titles at nice prices!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I just ordered a few, though several I wanted are marked out of stock so I removed those from my order.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Plan to pick up some more great titles at nice prices!
I thought to myself when I saw the sale being announced that with the Kinos that I've reviewed and the large order I made the last time around, there wouldn't be enough for me to make a purchase. Ended up getting SEVEN items! Couldn't believe it.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Bought eleven great ones! And a couple things I've learned from past Kino Sales.
1) They always seem to include a number of very recently released titles. If any of
those films appeal to you, grab them up! Those sale prices are rarely repeated.
2) Take the time to scroll through the hundred plus pages of their New Releases.
I often find a gem or two that aren't listed as a part of the sale ... titles I'd forgotten
all about.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
If anyone finds a disc or a box set from the sale that they are particularly excited about, could you post it? I think that the Audie Murphy 3-movie box set looks good.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
If anyone finds a disc or a box set from the sale that they are particularly excited about, could you post it? I think that the Audie Murphy 3-movie box set looks good.

I was quite excited to find the Reginald Denny Collection available.

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
These are the ones that caught my eye. I have them all sitting in my cart, as I try to decide whether to pull the trigger, whittle it down, or just pass altogether this time (for budget reasons):

The Premature Burial (Blu-ray) $10.99
Tales of Terror (Blu-ray) $11.99
Lorenzo's Oil (Blu-ray) $9.99
The Queen of Spades (Special Edition) (Blu-ray) $11.99
Pray for the Wildcats (Blu-ray) $8.49
Reginald Denny Collection: The Reckless Age, Skinner's Dress Suit, What Happened to Jones? (Blu-ray) $17.99

I've been upgrading my Roger Corman Poe films from my old DVDs to blu-ray. Pray for the Wildcats is a blind buy -- a TV movie with William Shatner and Andy Griffith sounds like something I need to see. I saw The Queen of Spades a number of years ago at a classic film festival (the late, lamented Syracuse Cinefest) and was very impressed -- highly atmospheric. I also saw Skinner's Dress Suit at a Cinefest and really liked that as well -- very funny and the beautiful Laura LaPlante is great in it (I don't think I've seen the other 2 Dennys). Lorenzo's Oil can be a tough watch (emotionally) but is a fine film and I'd like to see it again -- I have it on laserdisc but if there ever was a decent region 1 or 0 DVD of this I never got it.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
19 this time and I'm probably double dipping before the sale is over (payday this week): 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Hell Bent, Reginald Denny Collection, The Shakedown, Love Me Tonight, Alice in Wonderland, The Eagle and the Hawk, The Sign of the Cross, Easy Living, Dr. Cyclops, Five Graves to Cairo, A Foreign Affair, The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend, The Premature Burial, Tales of Terror, The Knack and How to Get It, Let's Kill Uncle, Madhouse, and The Grey Fox. All blind buys except for Five Graves to Cairo

Currently sitting at Kino Lorber being the second largest label in my collection (only surpassed by Criterion).

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 9th!

Man of the East (1972)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 125 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
From Enzo Barboni (under pseudonym E.B. Clucher), the acclaimed director of The Unholy Four, They Call Me Trinity, Trinity Is Still My Name and Crime Busters, comes this classic western-comedy starring screen icon Terence Hill (My Name Is Nobody). To claim his father’s ranch, Sir Thomas Fitzpatrick Phillip Moore (Hill) has come to the west. Unbeknownst to him, his father’s dying wish was that his friends and fellow highwaymen teach the lad how to be a real man. Abiding by his last request, the three remaining members of his troupe, Bull (Gregory Walcott, The Eiger Sanction), Monkey (Dominic Barto, Charleston) and Holy Joe (Harry Carey Jr., Cherry 2000), are set for a lofty challenge. Thomas is as green as they come and prefers bicycles and poetry over horses and guns. Ill-equipped to deal with his new surroundings, he finally knuckles down when a whirlwind romance forces him to take action against a jealous town marshal.

738329252441.jpg

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
These are the ones that caught my eye. I have them all sitting in my cart, as I try to decide whether to pull the trigger, whittle it down, or just pass altogether this time (for budget reasons):

The Premature Burial (Blu-ray) $10.99
Tales of Terror (Blu-ray) $11.99
Lorenzo's Oil (Blu-ray) $9.99
The Queen of Spades (Special Edition) (Blu-ray) $11.99
Pray for the Wildcats (Blu-ray) $8.49
Reginald Denny Collection: The Reckless Age, Skinner's Dress Suit, What Happened to Jones? (Blu-ray) $17.99

I've been upgrading my Roger Corman Poe films from my old DVDs to blu-ray. Pray for the Wildcats is a blind buy -- a TV movie with William Shatner and Andy Griffith sounds like something I need to see. I saw The Queen of Spades a number of years ago at a classic film festival (the late, lamented Syracuse Cinefest) and was very impressed -- highly atmospheric. I also saw Skinner's Dress Suit at a Cinefest and really liked that as well -- very funny and the beautiful Laura LaPlante is great in it (I don't think I've seen the other 2 Dennys). Lorenzo's Oil can be a tough watch (emotionally) but is a fine film and I'd like to see it again -- I have it on laserdisc but if there ever was a decent region 1 or 0 DVD of this I never got it.
It might be a good idea to grab the Reginald Denny Collection. Based on previous experience, I doubt that this sale price will be repeated.

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
Wow. I haven't seen MAN OF THE EAST since I caught it at my neighborhood theater when United Artists released it in the U.S. in 1974.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Coming February 9th!

Man of the East (1972)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 125 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
From Enzo Barboni (under pseudonym E.B. Clucher), the acclaimed director of The Unholy Four, They Call Me Trinity, Trinity Is Still My Name and Crime Busters, comes this classic western-comedy starring screen icon Terence Hill (My Name Is Nobody). To claim his father’s ranch, Sir Thomas Fitzpatrick Phillip Moore (Hill) has come to the west. Unbeknownst to him, his father’s dying wish was that his friends and fellow highwaymen teach the lad how to be a real man. Abiding by his last request, the three remaining members of his troupe, Bull (Gregory Walcott, The Eiger Sanction), Monkey (Dominic Barto, Charleston) and Holy Joe (Harry Carey Jr., Cherry 2000), are set for a lofty challenge. Thomas is as green as they come and prefers bicycles and poetry over horses and guns. Ill-equipped to deal with his new surroundings, he finally knuckles down when a whirlwind romance forces him to take action against a jealous town marshal.

View attachment 80433

Will this be English only or will the Italian track be included?

Fun fact: I watched this recently on cable and realized that all that train footage in the opening credits and thereafter is B-roll from SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER. I wish I'd known this before I did the commentary!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
• The “SHOCTOBER SALE” Continues!
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/shocktober-sale
Over 530 Blu-rays and DVDs - $4.99 & Up!

• We just added 7 more titles to our “WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE”!
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/whilesupplieslast2020
Over 230 Titles - $4.99 & Up!

NEWLY ADDED TITLES:
ASSASSINATION
CUSTER OF THE WEST
DIGGSTOWN
DR. GOLDFOOT AND THE GIRL BOMBS
FIGURES IN A LANDSCAPE
HE RAN ALL THE WAY
SHADOWS IN AN EMPTY ROOM

Free USA Shipping – Orders of $50 or More!

SHOCTOBER SALE Ends on Monday, November 2nd!

Ladies.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 9th!

The Hills Run Red (1966)
• Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 89 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
From Carlo Lizzani (under pseudonym Lee W. Beaver), the acclaimed director of Wake Up and Die, The Violent Four and Crazy Joe, comes this thrilling spaghetti western starring Henry Silva (Code of Silence), Thomas Hunter (Death Walks in Laredo), Dan Duryea (Scarlet Street) and Nicoletta Machiavelli (Navajo Joe). Revenge is never easy and in this slam-bang western full of fast-paced action and mounting suspense, revenge is never sweeter, either! At the end of the Civil War, a Confederate soldier is jailed for a heist engineered by his buddy, who escapes with the loot and builds himself a life of leisure. While suffering behind bars, he realizes he was double-crossed... and vows revenge. Upon his release five years later, he teams up with a stranger to brawl and shoot his way through his old buddy’s henchmen and finally settle the score with his old partner-in-crime. The Hills Run Red is a gripping and powerful tale of retribution, western style!

738329252458.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 2nd from Code Red!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

The Great Alligator (1979) aka Il fiume del grande caimano
• 2016 HD Master from the Original Negative
• Interview with Underwater Camera Operator Gianlorenzo Battaglia
• Round Table Discussion with SFX Paolo Ricci, Cinematographer Giancarlo Ferrando and Art Director Massimo Antonello Geleng
• Interview with Camera Operator Claudio Morabito
• In the Crocodiles Nest: Interview with Director Sergio Martino and Art Director Massimo Antonello Geleng
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 88 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
Meaner than Jaws... More bloodthirsty than Piranha... Here comes The Great Alligator, a blood-soaked tale of jungle greed and just desserts from cult director Sergio Martino (Torso). Barbara Bach (The Unseen, The Spy Who Loved Me) and Claudio Cassinelli (Screamers, Slave of the Cannibal God, Hands of Steel) head into the steamy jungles of Southeast Asia where construction for an exclusive resort is treading onto territory that the Kuma natives hold sacred... and their alligator god Kroona takes personally. Paradise turns into an unrelenting nightmare in this outrageous giant creature feast also starring Mel Ferrer (The Visitor, Eaten Alive), Richard Johnson (The Haunting, Beyond the Door), Bobby Rhodes (Demons, Demons 2), Romano Puppo (After the Fall of New York, Street Law) and child actress Silvia Collatina (Murderock), with a screenplay co-written by the legendary Ernesto Gastaldi (All the Colors of the Dark, The Grand Duel) and a pounding score by the great Stelvio Cipriani (Bay of Blood, Tentacles). Find out who lives and who dies in this essential ‘70s shocker, now remastered from the original negative for the first time in HD!

738329252205.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks