What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (9 Viewers)

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I believe USC did a restoration of Alias Nick Beal several months ago or even late last year.

I would also love to have on blu Paramount's (Universal) 1944 The Unseen. It was promoted as sort of a companion film to The Uninvited, and is not as good, but creepy, great sets and photography and stars Joel McCrea, Gail Russell and Herbert Marshall.

And one right down Kino's alley would be Universal's 1947 noir mystery THE WEB with Vincent Price, Edmond O'Brien, Ella Raines, directed by Michael Gordon.

Finally, didn't Kino list Universal's The Suspect coming soon? Can't find it on any prerelease lists, but I hope it is still in the works. A wonderful 1944 film directed by Robert Siodmak, starring CHarles Laughton, Ella Raines, Henry Daniell.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I believe USC did a restoration of Alias Nick Beal several months ago or even late last year.

I would also love to have on blu Paramount's (Universal) 1944 The Unseen. It was promoted as sort of a companion film to The Uninvited, and is not as good, but creepy, great sets and photography and stars Joel McCrea, Gail Russell and Herbert Marshall.

And one right down Kino's alley would be Universal's 1947 noir mystery THE WEB with Vincent Price, Edmond O'Brien, Ella Raines, directed by Michael Gordon.

Finally, didn't Kino list Universal's The Suspect coming soon? Can't find it on any prerelease lists, but I hope it is still in the works. A wonderful 1944 film directed by Robert Siodmak, starring CHarles Laughton, Ella Raines, Henry Daniell.
I believe "The Suspect" is coming in 2021.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It's my understanding that both THE GREAT GATSBY and ALIAS NICK BEAL have underlying story rights issues that have prevented them from being released. I'd be happy to stand corrected, though. BEAL in particular is an excellent film with a crackerjack screenplay by the incomparable Jonathan Latimer. (GATSBY, not so much--a real slog, IMHO.)

If there are underlying rights issues with Alias Nick Beal, they would have to be only in the US. It's being released on Blu-ray in October in Australia by Imprint as part of a Film Noir Collection.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy

The Glass Web(1953) would be another good choice.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
They're talking about the 1949 film version that has never had a legitimate release on home video.

If you're talking region A, then you're correct. But it has had a legitimate release in Region B. I have the 2015 DVD released in Australia of the 1949 Great Gatsby under license from Universal. The Universal copyright is on the back jacket.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you're talking region A, then you're correct. But it has had a legitimate release in Region B. I have the 2015 DVD released in Australia of the 1949 Great Gatsby under license from Universal. The Universal copyright is on the back jacket.
Is this better?
They're talking about the 1949 film version that has never had a legitimate release on home video in the United States.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Master!

What’s So Bad About Feeling Good? (1968)
Starring George Peppard, Mary Tyler Moore, Dom DeLuise, Susan Saint James, Don Stroud, John McMartin & Thelma Ritter – Directed by George Seaton (The Country Girl, Teacher’s Pet, The Counterfeit Traitor, 36 Hours, Airport, Showdown).

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'It's good for what Bugs you!!! (and what's so bad about that?) George Peppard Mary Tyler Moore What's So Bad About Feeling Good? co-starring DOm DELUISE JOHN McMARTIN SUSAN SAINT JAMES DoN STROUD Screen Story Screenplay GEORGE SEATONan ROBER PIROSH Produced Directed GEORGE SEATON D A UNIVERSAL PICTURE TECHNICOLOR® tryriia..'

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Master!

What’s So Bad About Feeling Good? (1968)
Starring George Peppard, Mary Tyler Moore, Dom DeLuise, Susan Saint James, Don Stroud, John McMartin & Thelma Ritter – Directed by George Seaton (The Country Girl, Teacher’s Pet, The Counterfeit Traitor, 36 Hours, Airport, Showdown).

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'It's good for what Bugs you!!! (and what's so bad about that?) George Peppard Mary Tyler Moore What's So Bad About Feeling Good? co-starring DOm DELUISE JOHN McMARTIN SUSAN SAINT JAMES DoN STROUD Screen Story Screenplay GEORGE SEATONan ROBER PIROSH Produced Directed GEORGE SEATON D A UNIVERSAL PICTURE TECHNICOLOR® tryriia..''It's good for what Bugs you!!! (and what's so bad about that?) George Peppard Mary Tyler Moore What's So Bad About Feeling Good? co-starring DOm DELUISE JOHN McMARTIN SUSAN SAINT JAMES DoN STROUD Screen Story Screenplay GEORGE SEATONan ROBER PIROSH Produced Directed GEORGE SEATON D A UNIVERSAL PICTURE TECHNICOLOR® tryriia..'
Fantastic news!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
The faithful are blessed. One of my Holy Grails can be crossed off the list. I'm going to purchase several for some friends who have never seen the film. Wish Moore or Peppard would have still been around to give some commentary. Hope there is some commentary from someone. For everyone at Kino Lorber, you've made a great many fans happy in a difficult year. Thank you. Thank you, Lord

--james

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that announcement is unexpected and great news!

It's also a nice coincidence since a few of us had just included it on Universal wish lists we posted several few day ago.

Hmm. Maybe we should start mentioning a few other Universal comedies more frequently? What do you think Dave? Pat Boone's The Perils of Pauline was a comedy masterpiece, filled with broad comedy and likable characters. An underrated classic.

--james

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Which I've seen and is very good in 3D.

Agreed. When I saw it, the projectionist had the wrong polarizing filter on each camera, so I had to hold my glasses backwards for it to work right the whole movie, but it was still a very enjoyable picture. I’d gladly pay for a 3D home release.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Kino Lorber, this year you gave me three long sought Universal titles that I doubted I would ever see on blu since they never made it to DVD: The Art Of Love, Never Steal Anything Small and soon Diary Of A Mad Housewife. With the announcement of What's So Bad About Feeling Good, it looks like 2021 will contain a few more similar treasures. Muchas gracias, merci beaucoup and thank you very much!

P.S. If Play It As It Lays (1972), Congo Crossing (1956) and Twilight For The Gods (1958) make your 2021 release list, I'll name my next cat Kino Lorber!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks