Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3)

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
I have a ton of Universal titles I want. Specifically:

All American (1953) Tony Curtis, Mamie Van Doren.
Banning
(1967) Robert Wagner, Jill St. John.
Because Of You (1952) Loretta Young, Jeff Chandler.
Bedtime Story (1964) Marlon Brando, David Niven.
Bright Victory (1952) Arthur Kennedy, Julie Adams.
Bus Riley's Back In Town (1965) Ann-Margret, Michael Parks.
Congo Crossing (1956) Virginia Mayo, George Nader.
Cucuru, Beast Of The Amazon (1956) Beverly Garland, John Bromfield.
Dawn At Socorro (1954) Rory Calhoun, Piper Laurie.
Desert Legion
(1953) Alan Ladd, Arlene Dahl.
Destry (1955) Audie Murphy, Mari Blanchard.
Don't Just Stand There (1968) Robert Wagner, Mary Tyler Moore.
Everything But The Truth (1956) Maureen O'Hara, John Forsythe.
Girl In The Kremlin (1957) Lex Barker, Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Hell With Heroes
(1968) Rod Taylor, Claudia Cardinale.
House Of Cards (1969) George Peppard, Inger Stevens.
I'd Rather Be Rich (1964) Sandra Dee, Maurice Chevalier.
Johnny Dark (1954) Tony Curtis, Piper Laurie.
Kelly And Me (1957) Van Johnson, Piper Laurie.
King's Pirate (1967) Jill St. John, Guy Stockwell.
Kiss Of Fire (1955) Jack Palance, Barbara Rush.
Lady Godiva (1955) Maureen O'Hara, George Nader.
Lady Pays Off (1951) Linda Darnell, Stephen McNally.
Looters (1955) Rory Calhoun, Julie Adams.
Man Could Get Killed (1966) James Garner, Melina Mercouri.
Moment To Moment (1966) Jean Seberg, Honor Blackman.
My Man Godfrey (1957) June Allyson, David Niven.
One Way Street (1950) James Mason, Dan Duryea.
Private Lives Of Adam And Eve (1960) Mickey Rooney, Mamie Van Doren.
Purple Mask (1955) Tony Curtis, Angela Lansbury.
Raging Tide (1951) Richard Conte, Shelley Winters.
Raw Wind In Eden (1958) Esther Williams, Jeff Chandler.
Restless Years (1958) Sandra Dee, John Saxon.
Romanoff And Juliet (1961) Peter Ustinov, Sandra Dee.
Rosie (1967) Rosalind Russell, Sandra Dee.
Second Greatest Sex (1955) Jeanne Crain, George Nader.
Shrike (1955) June Allyson, Jose Ferrer.
Slaughter On Tenth Avenue (1957) Richard Egan, Jan Sterling.
So This Is Paris
(1955) Tony Curtis, Gloria De Haven.
South Sea Sinner
(1950) Shelley Winters, Macdonald Carey.
Spoilers (1956) Anne Baxter, Jeff Chandler.
Stranger In My Arms (1959) June Allyson, Jeff Chandler.
Tanganyika (1954) Van Heflin, Ruth Roman.
Tattered Dress (1957) Jeff Chandler, Jeanne Crain.
This Earth Is Mine (1959) Rock Hudson, Jean Simmons.
This Happy Feeling (1958) Debbie Reynolds, Curt Jurgens.
Three Into Two Won't Go (1969) Rod Steiger, Claire Bloom.
Toy Tiger (1956) Jeff Chandler, Laraine Day.
Twilight Of The Gods (1958) Rock Hudson, Cyd Charisse.
Unguarded Moment (1956) Esther Williams, George Nader.
Walk The Proud Land (1956) Audie Murphy, Anne Bancroft.
Walking My Baby Back Home (1953) Donald O'Connor, Janet Leigh.
What's Go Bad About Feeling Good (1968) George Peppard, Mary Tyler Moore.
Wild And The Innocent (1959) Audie Murphy, Sandra Dee.
Great list! Many of these are ones I would want too. I will also add The Lively Set(1964), Fluffy(1965), Love And Kisses(1965) and Wild, Wild Winter(1966) at least for my 60's titles.

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
I could make a long Universal wish list, but I'll just narrow it down to one that I am supremely emphatic about:

Val Lewton's final production Apache Drums. There's a French DVD that looks fantastic, so I presume the archival elements are readily available and in terrific shape. It has never had a home video release in North America as far as I know. It's really quite a good film, and Lewton's horror sensibility unquestionably comes into play in the second half of the film.

I own a black and white 16mm film print but it's only a curiosity piece since the film is in beautiful color.
Another good Universal 50's western and there are plenty of them.

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
Well, if we're giving them some of our wishlists for what we'd still like from Universal for a potential new deal, I mainly have ONE film I want: the 1946 movie Blue Skies. I can easily list more, as I'd like Bing Crosby represented beyond that film (particularly We're Not Dressing, The Emperor Waltz, A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court and, if there's any hope for previously unavailable on DVD stuff, the 1936 Anything Goes), more Bob Hope, Ginger Rogers, W.C. Fields, and, if there's any hope for them, George Burns and Gracie Allen. But, as I said, Blue Skies IS my most-wanted Universal-owned film, and the one I've been hoping for every time Kino has announced a deal with Universal.
Another really good title! On my list too.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
A few more wished for Universal titles on Blu-Ray:
THE COHENS AND THE KELLYS (Complete Set)
I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE, BABY 1940 (Can't pass up a Broderick Crawford musical!)
THE BOYS FROM SYRACUSE 1940
FLESH AND FANTASY 1947
BRIGHT VICTORY 1951
FRENCHIE 1950 /DESTRY 1954 (Both remakes of DESTRY RIDES AGAIN)
THE PRIVATE WAR OF MAJOR BENSON 1955

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

Macho Callahan (1970)
Starring David Janssen, Jean Seberg, Lee J. Cobb, David Carradine, Bo Hopkins, James Booth, Pedro Armendáriz Jr., Anne Revere, Richard Anderson, Diane Ladd, Matt Clark & James Gammon – Shot by Gerry Fisher (Juggernaut, Mr. Klein, Victory, Highlander) – Directed by Bernard L. Kowalski (Krakatoa: East of Java, Stiletto, Sssssss).
Image may contain: one or more people

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Brand New 2K Master!

Macho Callahan (1970)
Starring David Janssen, Jean Seberg, Lee J. Cobb, David Carradine, Bo Hopkins, James Booth, Pedro Armendáriz Jr., Anne Revere, Richard Anderson, Diane Ladd, Matt Clark & James Gammon – Shot by Gerry Fisher (Juggernaut, Mr. Klein, Victory, Highlander) – Directed by Bernard L. Kowalski (Krakatoa: East of Java, Stiletto, Sssssss).
Who? Never heard of this one.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank

Brand New 2K Master!

Macho Callahan (1970)
Haven't seen this in a long time. But i remember it being an ok film. It will probably get my money just for the stars in it.

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
A few more wished for Universal titles on Blu-Ray:
THE COHENS AND THE KELLYS (Complete Set)
I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE, BABY 1940 (Can't pass up a Broderick Crawford musical!)
THE BOYS FROM SYRACUSE 1940
FLESH AND FANTASY 1947
BRIGHT VICTORY 1951
FRENCHIE 1950 /DESTRY 1954 (Both remakes of DESTRY RIDES AGAIN)
THE PRIVATE WAR OF MAJOR BENSON 1955
More good ones. Flesh And Fantasy was 1943.

Reactions: PODER

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I guess you weren't around in 1970 :D I was around and paid good money to see it in my local cinema.
That phrase has always intrigued me. Do people ever pay bad money for something?

And what does that imply about the experience?

And what about neutral money?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That phrase has always intrigued me. Do people ever pay bad money for something?

I'm pretty sure if you pay with "bad money" the Secret Service will be after you :D!

I'm pretty sure Gallagher had a comedy bit about bad/good money ...

Of course I don't think Ernest P. Worrell ever paid any Earnest Money ... but I hope to see more KINO announcements.

Last edited:

jayembee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jerry

In this context, I think "good money" is supposed to mean "good [considerable amount of] money".

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
I also Have my request for A Universal Third Deal: MOre HOrror 1930s and 1940s and 1950 one horror Curcucu beast of the amazon and scifi the INcredible Shrinking Man and The SPider Woman Strike back and The Cat Creeps 1946 and The Missing Guest and double door and murder by the clock and the unseen and murder in the blue room and 3 remaining dvd universal vault series horror the secret of the blue room and mystery of marie rodget and mystery of edwin drood and tv horror universal trapped james brolin and the dark secret of the harvest home and flesh and fantasy and destiny and 2000s horror altered and my little eye and the hitcher remake and long time dead and double dip the skeleton key and white noise and tremors.

Real Name
Insider
Coming December 1st!
New HD Master by MGM!

Apache (1954)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 91 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
From Robert Aldrich, the outstanding director of Vera Cruz, Attack, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, The Dirty Dozen, The Killing of Sister George and Ulzana’s Raid, comes this action-packed western that pulsates with the power and passion of an Indian war drum. Apache explodes with spectacular battle sequences, breathtaking chases and unbridled suspense. After years of bloody fighting with settlers on the American frontier, Apache Chief Geronimo (Monte Blue, Key Largo) is forced to submit to a humiliating surrender. But his fiercest warrior, Massai (Burt Lancaster, The Train), refuses to accept defeat. With enormous strength and razor-sharp cunning, Massai battles the relentless U.S. Cavalry, struggling to stay one step ahead of the highly trained soldiers who have sworn to track him down. And as his crusade escalates into a final epic showdown, Massai knows that he must persevere, not only for his life, but also for the pride of his entire race. Beautifully shot by Ernest Laszlo (Judgment at Nuremberg) and co-starring Jean Peters (Viva Zapata!), John McIntire (Horizons West), Charles Bronson (The White Buffalo) and John Dehner (The Day of the Dolphin).

738329251635.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Coming December 1st!
New HD Master by MGM!

Apache (1954)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 91 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
From Robert Aldrich, the outstanding director of Vera Cruz, Attack, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, The Dirty Dozen, The Killing of Sister George and Ulzana’s Raid, comes this action-packed western that pulsates with the power and passion of an Indian war drum. Apache explodes with spectacular battle sequences, breathtaking chases and unbridled suspense. After years of bloody fighting with settlers on the American frontier, Apache Chief Geronimo (Monte Blue, Key Largo) is forced to submit to a humiliating surrender. But his fiercest warrior, Massai (Burt Lancaster, The Train), refuses to accept defeat. With enormous strength and razor-sharp cunning, Massai battles the relentless U.S. Cavalry, struggling to stay one step ahead of the highly trained soldiers who have sworn to track him down. And as his crusade escalates into a final epic showdown, Massai knows that he must persevere, not only for his life, but also for the pride of his entire race. Beautifully shot by Ernest Laszlo (Judgment at Nuremberg) and co-starring Jean Peters (Viva Zapata!), John McIntire (Horizons West), Charles Bronson (The White Buffalo) and John Dehner (The Day of the Dolphin).

View attachment 78888
Damn, I wish this movie came with an audio commentary. Oh well, at least it's going to be released in 1080p in its OAR.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niloc