What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

I could make a long Universal wish list, but I'll just narrow it down to one that I am supremely emphatic about:

Val Lewton's final production Apache Drums. There's a French DVD that looks fantastic, so I presume the archival elements are readily available and in terrific shape. It has never had a home video release in North America as far as I know. It's really quite a good film, and Lewton's horror sensibility unquestionably comes into play in the second half of the film.

I own a black and white 16mm film print but it's only a curiosity piece since the film is in beautiful color.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I could make a long Universal wish list, but I'll just narrow it down to one that I am supremely emphatic about:

Val Lewton's final production Apache Drums. There's a French DVD that looks fantastic, so I presume the archival elements are readily available and in terrific shape. It has never had a home video release in North America as far as I know. It's really quite a good film, and Lewton's horror sensibility unquestionably comes into play in the second half of the film.

It was also released on DVD in Germany and the transfer is excellent. I'd definitely upgrade to blu if KL put it out.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Well, if we're giving them some of our wishlists for what we'd still like from Universal for a potential new deal, I mainly have ONE film I want: the 1946 movie Blue Skies. I can easily list more, as I'd like Bing Crosby represented beyond that film (particularly We're Not Dressing, The Emperor Waltz, A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court and, if there's any hope for previously unavailable on DVD stuff, the 1936 Anything Goes), more Bob Hope, Ginger Rogers, W.C. Fields, and, if there's any hope for them, George Burns and Gracie Allen. But, as I said, Blue Skies IS my most-wanted Universal-owned film, and the one I've been hoping for every time Kino has announced a deal with Universal.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im guessing Tremors UHD would either be from Shout Factory or Arrow.
If I had to pick another Universal title for UHD release it would be Psycho II !! :)

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
I'm GUessing hopeful love to see Kino Lorber Get more horror Universal Murder by the clock and the black doll and tv movie Nightlife vampire 1989 and 2000s horror silent warnings and altered and the hitcher remake and the spider woman strike back would be good idea. i want to see UHD Dead Silence and The Chronicle of Riddick Sequel 4k Remastered.

JohnPM

Second Unit
Please consider the following:

The Mississippi Gambler (1953) Tyrone Power, Piper Laurie
Istanbul (1957) scope --- Errol Flynn
Saskatchewan (1954) --- 1.85 widescreen --- Alan Ladd
The Night Has a Thousand Eyes (1948) --- Edw. G. Robinson, Gail Russell
White Savage (1943) Maria Montez, Jon Hall
Sudan (1945) Maria Montez, Turhan Bey
Hers To Hold (1943) --- Deanna Durbin
O.S.S. (1946) --- Alan Ladd
Frenchman's Creek (1944) --- Joan Fontaine
Lady In The Dark (1944) --- Ginger Rogers
Hot Saturday (1931) --- Nancy Carroll, Cary Grant
The Four Feathers (1929) --- Richard Arlen, William Powell

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Is this still coming in 2020?

Coming 2020!
3-D Restoration by 3-D Film Archive!

Wings of the Hawk (1953) Starring Van Heflin & Julie Adams - Directed by Budd Boetticher!
The release will also include the Woody Woodpecker cartoon, Hypnotic Hick in 3-D!

Trailer:

View attachment 65059

PGB

Agent
Real Name
Geoffrey Blowers
Dear KL Insider,

After recently watching your excellent release of Claude Sautet’s Max and the Junkmen, from Studio Canal, is there any chance you could obtain his Vincent, Paul, Francois and the Others, also from Studio Canal? Another company recently released two other Sautet features. The Vincent, Paul ... film is one of the few remaining that does not have a US release on blu ray (with English subtitles)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Finally on Blu-ray!

Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The War (1994) Starring Kevin Costner, Elijah Wood, Mare Winningham, Lexi Randall, Christine Baranski & Lucas Black – Shot by Geoffrey Simpson (Shine) – Music by Thomas Newman (Bridge of Spies) – Directed by Jon Avnet (Fried Green Tomatoes, Up Close & Personal).

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'FROM THE DIRECTOR OF FRIED GREEN TOMATOES What's worth fighting for? WAR ELIJAH WOOD KEVIN COSTNER MINHT SAL'

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Dear KL Insider,

After recently watching your excellent release of Claude Sautet’s Max and the Junkmen, from Studio Canal, is there any chance you could obtain his Vincent, Paul, Francois and the Others, also from Studio Canal? Another company recently released two other Sautet features. The Vincent, Paul ... film is one of the few remaining that does not have a US release on blu ray (with English subtitles)

I bought a couple of the Claude Sautet releases from KL with Emmanuelle Beart and I really enjoyed them. The fact that they had audio commentary tracks was the decisive factor in my decision to buy them.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
If KINO is taking request ideas, I’d love to see anything Best Picture nominated.

Two that come to mind are

SKIPPY (1930)

and

RUGGLES OF RED GAP.

I know Mr. Insider said KINO had no desire to release a title like SKIPPY, but maybe things have changed...
Both very worthy titles. I also would like Tom Sawyer(1930) and Huckleberry Finn(1931).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks