Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3)

Real Name
Insider
Coming December 15th only on DVD!

The 300 Year Weekend (1971)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Filmmaker Daniel Kremer and Film Critic Scout Tafoya

Color 83 Minutes 1.78:1 Rated PG
Mastered in HD! This gripping drama is based on a true-life encounter marathon. Ten troubled people plagued by drugs, bad marriages and homosexuality seek help in a group therapy session conducted by psychologist Dr. Marshall (Michael Tolan). Among the patients: Hal (Roy Cooper), a farmer married to woman he has grown to hate… Nancy (Sharon Laughlin), a beautiful model who’s having an affair with Dr. Marshall… Rockne (Bernard Ward), a young attorney who fears that his employer will discover he is a homosexual… Jean (Dorothy Lyman), who uses drugs to erase the bitterness of her marriage… Carole (M’el Dowd), a mother to an 18-year-old epileptic son. Emotions are bared and hostilities unveiled as the intensity builds to a dramatic confrontation at the end of The 300 Year Weekend. Co-starring William Devane.

738329230951.jpg

Real Name
Insider
Coming December 1st from CODE RED!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

PANIC (1982) aka Bakterion
• 2016 HD Scan
• Trailers

Color 90 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
An English village turns into a hunting ground when an unholy bacterial experiment gone horribly wrong turns a local scientist into a deformed, rampaging nightmare! With the population being picked off one by one, it’s up to an intrepid police detective (David Warbeck, The Last Hunter, The Beyond, Tiger Joe) and a sexy scientist (Janet Agren, The Gates of Hell, Hands of Steel, Eaten Alive) to put a stop to this bloodthirsty madness before the government steps in and wipes out the entire town! Missing in action for decades since its reign as a popular ‘80s video rental, now watch this slimy slice of Italian horror in HD!

738329252069.jpg

Reactions: Darby67

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Dear KL, could you take a look at the 1981 British TV historical drama The Wilderness Years? It is 8 episodes of the finest historical drama that I have ever seen. I don’t know what source material exists and what it would cost to acquire the rights, but this series is so good that it is a shame that it is not in print in DVD or blu-Ray format. I think that it would bring more prestige to Kino Lorber if they would release this series. What makes this series special is the acting and especially the historical accuracy of the screenplay. Here is the IMDB link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081963/

Reactions: Flashgear

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Over at the elsewhere forum KL mentioned that they were working on a potential new deal with Universal and said to members that they could share their wishlists, even though KL would not reply with yes or no responses. I thought we might as well do it here as maybe if enough of the same titles are requested they might pursue (if available, and have favorable elements)
I dont have much but for me Id like these
The Benson Murder Case, The Canary Murder Case, The Greene Murder Case, Among the Living , Secret of the Blue Room , The Cheat, The Accused, Peter Ibbetson , The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu
If I had to pick one title Id like to see a UHD release it would be Tremors

Last edited:

Flashgear

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randall
Mr. KL Insider, since about mid-August when I got your new Blus of Hannibal Brooks, Backlash and the Tony Curtis boxset, your new September releases have not been available for pre-order on Amazon Canada (EDIT: one of your Sept. 22 releases Lord Love a Duck and your September 29 and October 6 releases are now shown, thankfully)...previously, your new releases have shown up like clockwork on Amazon.ca...these missing mid-August through September KL releases (the Peter Cushing Doctor Who movies and your new Bob Hope releases) are definitely an anomaly, as this has never happened before...

Could you please offer some reassurance as to the future availability of the mid August to September KL releases (the two Doctor Who feature films and the new Bob Hope releases) on Amazon Canada? Currently, they are only available from Amazon Marketplace sellers...I can still get them direct or elsewhere, of course, but not conveniently and at greater expense...

Love all that you guys are giving us, thank you!

Last edited:

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
Kino Mr Insider You could get Another Deal Universal Third might be this year or next year. I can't wait to see want anything more horror 1930s and 1940s and 1950s one horror never been released home media video before. i have been wait hd remastered the secret of the blue room and the mystery of marie rodget and the mystery of edwin drood and flesh and fantasy and destiny 1944. could you please offer some more horror and scifi incredible shrinking man edition releases an greater seller.

Reactions: timk1041
Real Name
Insider
Coming December 15th!
Two Classic Dramas from Frank and Eleanor Perry!

LADYBUG LADYBUG (1964)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Theatrical Teaser (In HD)
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

B&W 82 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
During the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, the normal routines of a rural elementary school are thrown into a panic when the civil defense alarm sirens go off, warning them of an imminent nuclear attack. The children are separated into groups, with one teacher leading each squad. Mrs. Andrews (Nancy Marchand, TV’s The Sopranos), the 6th grade teacher with a slowly building sense of doom, leads her group of students through the countryside to one of the children’s family’s bomb shelter. When they arrive at the shelter, they divide the rations and assume various duties, not knowing if they are in the middle of a nuclear holocaust—or if it was a false alarm. Tautly directed by Frank Perry (The Swimmer, Doc, Mommie Dearest) with a screenplay by Eleanor Perry (David and Lisa, Diary of a Mad Housewife), Frank’s wife, based on a story by Lois Dickert. William Daniels (A Thousand Clowns) and Estelle Parsons (Don’t Drink the Water) made their feature-film debuts in this critically acclaimed, suspenseful drama.

DIARY OF A MAD HOUSEWIFE (1970)
• Audio Commentary by Screenwriter Larry Karaszewski with Film Historians Howard S. Berger and Steve Mitchell
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 95 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Diary of a Mad Housewife
may have done more to change the public image of the American woman than any other film in history. Carrie Snodgress (Pale Rider) plays a dissatisfied wife trapped in her townhouse existence. Her husband, played unforgettably by Richard Benjamin (Goodbye, Columbus), is the archetypal schnook and also one of the great screen monsters. Her lover (Frank Langella, Dracula) is a narcissistic creep who finishes off what her domestic life started. Wonderfully directed by Frank Perry (The Swimmer, Doc, Mommie Dearest) with a screenplay by Eleanor Perry (David and Lisa, Ladybug Ladybug), Frank’s wife, based on a novel by Sue Kaufman, Diary of a Mad Housewife is a chilling black comedy that manages to be extraordinarily funny under extreme circumstances. Snodgress received an Oscar nomination for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her brilliant performance.

738329250768.jpg

738329250782.jpg

Real Name
Insider
Dear KL, could you take a look at the 1981 British TV historical drama The Wilderness Years? It is 8 episodes of the finest historical drama that I have ever seen. I don’t know what source material exists and what it would cost to acquire the rights, but this series is so good that it is a shame that it is not in print in DVD or blu-Ray format. I think that it would bring more prestige to Kino Lorber if they would release this series. What makes this series special is the acting and especially the historical accuracy of the screenplay. Here is the IMDB link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081963/
I will mention this to our head of acquisition. I doubt it would be something we would release, but I'll send you recommendation to him.

Reactions: Corn Pop
Real Name
Insider
Over at the elsewhere forum KL mentioned that they were working on a potential new deal with Universal and said to members that they could share their wishlists, even though KL would not reply with yes or no responses. I thought we might as well do it here as maybe if enough of the same titles are requested they might pursue (if available, and have favorable elements)
The Benson Murder Case, The Canary Murder Case, The Greene Murder Case, Among the Living , Secret of the Blue Room , The Cheat, The Accused, Peter Ibbetson , The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu
Someone else has picked up the UHD rights to Tremors.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I have a ton of Universal titles I want. Specifically:

All American (1953) Tony Curtis, Mamie Van Doren.
Banning
(1967) Robert Wagner, Jill St. John.
Because Of You (1952) Loretta Young, Jeff Chandler.
Bedtime Story (1964) Marlon Brando, David Niven.
Bright Victory (1952) Arthur Kennedy, Julie Adams.
Bus Riley's Back In Town (1965) Ann-Margret, Michael Parks.
Congo Crossing (1956) Virginia Mayo, George Nader.
Cucuru, Beast Of The Amazon (1956) Beverly Garland, John Bromfield.
Dawn At Socorro (1954) Rory Calhoun, Piper Laurie.
Desert Legion
(1953) Alan Ladd, Arlene Dahl.
Destry (1955) Audie Murphy, Mari Blanchard.
Don't Just Stand There (1968) Robert Wagner, Mary Tyler Moore.
Everything But The Truth (1956) Maureen O'Hara, John Forsythe.
Girl In The Kremlin (1957) Lex Barker, Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Hell With Heroes
(1968) Rod Taylor, Claudia Cardinale.
House Of Cards (1969) George Peppard, Inger Stevens.
I'd Rather Be Rich (1964) Sandra Dee, Maurice Chevalier.
Johnny Dark (1954) Tony Curtis, Piper Laurie.
Kelly And Me (1957) Van Johnson, Piper Laurie.
King's Pirate (1967) Jill St. John, Guy Stockwell.
Kiss Of Fire (1955) Jack Palance, Barbara Rush.
Lady Godiva (1955) Maureen O'Hara, George Nader.
Lady Pays Off (1951) Linda Darnell, Stephen McNally.
Looters (1955) Rory Calhoun, Julie Adams.
Man Could Get Killed (1966) James Garner, Melina Mercouri.
Moment To Moment (1966) Jean Seberg, Honor Blackman.
My Man Godfrey (1957) June Allyson, David Niven.
One Way Street (1950) James Mason, Dan Duryea.
Private Lives Of Adam And Eve (1960) Mickey Rooney, Mamie Van Doren.
Purple Mask (1955) Tony Curtis, Angela Lansbury.
Raging Tide (1951) Richard Conte, Shelley Winters.
Raw Wind In Eden (1958) Esther Williams, Jeff Chandler.
Restless Years (1958) Sandra Dee, John Saxon.
Romanoff And Juliet (1961) Peter Ustinov, Sandra Dee.
Rosie (1967) Rosalind Russell, Sandra Dee.
Second Greatest Sex (1955) Jeanne Crain, George Nader.
Shrike (1955) June Allyson, Jose Ferrer.
Slaughter On Tenth Avenue (1957) Richard Egan, Jan Sterling.
So This Is Paris
(1955) Tony Curtis, Gloria De Haven.
South Sea Sinner
(1950) Shelley Winters, Macdonald Carey.
Spoilers (1956) Anne Baxter, Jeff Chandler.
Stranger In My Arms (1959) June Allyson, Jeff Chandler.
Tanganyika (1954) Van Heflin, Ruth Roman.
Tattered Dress (1957) Jeff Chandler, Jeanne Crain.
This Earth Is Mine (1959) Rock Hudson, Jean Simmons.
This Happy Feeling (1958) Debbie Reynolds, Curt Jurgens.
Three Into Two Won't Go (1969) Rod Steiger, Claire Bloom.
Toy Tiger (1956) Jeff Chandler, Laraine Day.
Twilight Of The Gods (1958) Rock Hudson, Cyd Charisse.
Unguarded Moment (1956) Esther Williams, George Nader.
Walk The Proud Land (1956) Audie Murphy, Anne Bancroft.
Walking My Baby Back Home (1953) Donald O'Connor, Janet Leigh.
What's Go Bad About Feeling Good (1968) George Peppard, Mary Tyler Moore.
Wild And The Innocent (1959) Audie Murphy, Sandra Dee.

Real Name
Insider
Mr. KL Insider, since about mid-August when I got your new Blus of Hannibal Brooks, Backlash and the Tony Curtis boxset, your new September releases have not been available for pre-order on Amazon Canada (EDIT: one of your Sept. 22 releases Lord Love a Duck and your September 29 and October 6 releases are now shown, thankfully)...previously, your new releases have shown up like clockwork on Amazon.ca...these missing mid-August through September KL releases (the Peter Cushing Doctor Who movies and your new Bob Hope releases) are definitely an anomaly, as this has never happened before...

Could you please offer some reassurance as to the future availability of the mid August to September KL releases (the two Doctor Who feature films and the new Bob Hope releases) on Amazon Canada? Currently, they are only available from Amazon Marketplace sellers...I can still get them direct or elsewhere, of course, but not conveniently and at greater expense...

Love all that you guys are giving us, thank you!
We don't have the Canadian rights to the two Dr. Who titles, but the Hope titles should become available on Amazon.ca soon.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I will mention this to our head of acquisition. I doubt it would be something we would release, but I'll send you recommendation to him.
Thank you very much. It's an amazing series for those interested in Winston Churchill and the lead-up to WW 2. I find it to be very exciting as well. If you look at IMBD, it has a very high average review rating. In my opinion it is the best historical drama about Churchill by far (And I have seen them all).

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
Anything of more Tv movie Horror 1970s and 1980s and 1990s something we would release High Desert kill and trapped 1973 and the dark secret of harvest home and force of evil lloyd bridges?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I'm with Barnduke98, anything related to made-for-TV genre flicks from the 70s, 80s, and 90s would be most welcome. MIDNIGHT OFFERINGS, THE IVORY APE, VAMPIRE, the pilot films: THE WORLD OF DARKNESS and it's sequel THE WORLD BEYOND all need some kind of legit disc release.

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
I'm with Barnduke98, anything related to made-for-TV genre flicks from the 70s, 80s, and 90s would be most welcome. MIDNIGHT OFFERINGS, THE IVORY APE, VAMPIRE, the pilot films: THE WORLD OF DARKNESS and it's sequel THE WORLD BEYOND all need some kind of legit disc release.
me too i would love to see kino lorber releasing more tv movie horror from universal television and universal so many never been released on dvd and blu ray before? I just want to see add number tons of huge big legit disc release like trapped 1989 fred walton and bay coven and the strange of mrs oliver and once upon a time horse and the missing guest 1938.

Reactions: SWFF

LouA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Monday's Facebook Announcements:

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Masters by MGM!

Two Films Starring Screen Great Anthony Quinn!

THE MAN FROM DEL RIO (1956) Also Starring Katy Jurado – Shot by Stanley Cortez (The Night of the Hunter) – Music by Fred Steiner (Time Limit) – Directed by Harry Horner (Beware, My Lovely).
THE RIDE BACK (1957) Also Starring William Conrad & Lita Milan – Shot by Joseph F. Biroc (The Towering Inferno) – Music by Frank De Vol (Cat Ballou) – Directed by Allen H. Miner (Black Patch).

Image may contain: 4 people, text that says 'massacre Kelwitk Blood!.. scared Black witk Gunsmoke! ROBERT JACKS presents ANTHONY QUINN THONY QUINN ITG GOES Au AYOU NWESTERN EVERRO BEFORE! DM.M MAN FROM WHIT DELRIO DELR KATY JURADO FOWLEY BISSELL SPENCER WILLIAMS Story creenplay RICHARD CARR Produced ROBERT JACKS Associate Producer RICHARD CARRUTH Directeds''massacre Kelwitk Blood!.. scared Black witk Gunsmoke! ROBERT JACKS presents ANTHONY QUINN THONY QUINN ITG GOES Au AYOU NWESTERN EVERRO BEFORE! DM.M MAN FROM WHIT DELRIO DELR KATY JURADO FOWLEY BISSELL SPENCER WILLIAMS Story creenplay RICHARD CARR Produced ROBERT JACKS Associate Producer RICHARD CARRUTH Directeds'
I actually saw Man From Del Rio In a theater on a double bill with Twenty Million Miles To Earth back in 1957 .
So , I’ll be buying this BD!

Real Name
Insider
Coming December 15th!

Bodies, Rest & Motion (1993)
• Brand New 4K Master
• Audio Commentary by Director Michael Steinberg, Actor/Producer Eric Stoltz and Writer Roger Hedden
• Behind-the-Scenes Footage
• Featurette
• TV Spot
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 95 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Four twentysomething friends explore love, desire and commitment in this irresistibly charming, critically acclaimed romantic comedy starring Phoebe Cates (Gremlins), Bridget Fonda (Singles), Tim Roth (Reservoir Dogs) and Eric Stoltz (Some Kind of Wonderful). Rebelling against his dreary life in a small Arizona town, TV salesman Nick (Roth) abandons his girlfriend, Beth (Fonda), and strikes out onto the highway in search of... something else. Encouraged by her best friend Carol (Cates)—who happens to be Nick’s ex-flame—Beth reluctantly accepts the romantic attentions of a local housepainter (Stoltz). But when Nick’s impulsive road trip leads him back home again, it sets the stage for a wildly comic chain reaction among four people whose lives have suddenly become hopelessly, hilariously intertwined. Directed by Michael Steinberg (The Waterdance) and written by Roger Hedden (Sleep with Me), Bodies, Rest & Motion was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the 1993 Sundance Film Festival. The top-notch cast also includes Alicia Witt (Urban Legend) and Peter Fonda (Ulee’s Gold).

738329250805.jpg

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AAelite93