What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (3 Viewers)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
John Frankenheimer has yet to prove to me that he did a good film after "Black Sunday" (I'll only give the caveat that I haven't seen all of them but this and "Holcroft Covenant" show he'd lost his touch. Plus both films showed what awful taste he had in film music in the 80s).

Oof! Well, there you go. I thought Black Sunday was awful and sold off my DVD after watching it. On the other hand, both 52 Pick Up and Holcroft Covenant sit comfortably in my film library. As the cliche says, different strokes for different folks! :)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Halle Berry, Beyonce, Sandra Bullock and Pamela Anderson, to name just a few, are among the most gorgeous women on the planet, yet all had husbands who cheated on them. Sometimes beauty is not enough, other times men are just a-holes. So that plot thread is far from silly.

Do you know something about Roger Smith no one else did? :)

I didn't even try to sell my copy. The garbage can was a more worthy resting place for it since the sooner it was out of my sight, the better.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Master!

Get Crazy (1983) Starring Malcolm McDowell, Allen Garfield, Daniel Stern, Gail Edwards, Miles Chapin, Ed Begley Jr., Stacey Nelkin, Bill Henderson, Lou Reed, Lee Ving, Fabian, Franklyn Ajaye, Mary Woronov, Paul Bartel, Dick Miller, Susan Saiger & Clint Howard – Shot by Thomas Del Ruth (The Breakfast Club, The Running Man) – Directed by Allan Arkush (Deathsport, Rock ‘n’ Roll High School, Heartbeeps).
Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Last Chance To Party This Summer! Get ...And Say Goodbye Crazy To Your Brain! HERBERT SOLOW PRODUCTI GET CRAZY Starring MALCOLM McDOWELL ALLEN GOORWITZ DANIEL STERN GAIL EDWARDS And MILES CHAPIN Executive Producer HERBERT SOLOW Producer LOWRY Director ALLAN ARKUSH Written DAVID OPATOSHU and HENRY ROSENBAUM DAVID TAYLOR Soundtrack available Morocco Records ©1983RosebudFilms'

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
KL Insider, we 3D enthusiasts were deeply disappointed to learn that the landmark 3D films Bwana Devil and Diamond Wizard were not part of your latest MGM deal.... though we were somewhat relieved and encouraged to see you leave the door open to including these in the next deal.

I realize westerns (most recently Taza) have underperformed other genres on 3D blu ray -- but rest assured a lot of non-westerns fans (myself included) plan to step up and buy Wings of the Hawk in order to help keep KL's interest in 3D alive.

And I'm confident, for many reasons (including genre and historical significance) that KL could expect sales results on Bwana Devil, Diamond Wizard and (if 3D Film Archive can ultimately get their hands on it) I, the Jury more akin to those for the hi-performing Gog and The Maze.

Please keep the classic 3D door open. :thumbsup::3dglasses:

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Master!

Get Crazy (1983) Starring Malcolm McDowell, Allen Garfield, Daniel Stern, Gail Edwards, Miles Chapin, Ed Begley Jr., Stacey Nelkin, Bill Henderson, Lou Reed, Lee Ving, Fabian, Franklyn Ajaye, Mary Woronov, Paul Bartel, Dick Miller, Susan Saiger & Clint Howard – Shot by Thomas Del Ruth (The Breakfast Club, The Running Man) – Directed by Allan Arkush (Deathsport, Rock ‘n’ Roll High School, Heartbeeps).
Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Last Chance To Party This Summer! Get ...And Say Goodbye Crazy To Your Brain! HERBERT SOLOW PRODUCTI GET CRAZY Starring MALCOLM McDOWELL ALLEN GOORWITZ DANIEL STERN GAIL EDWARDS And MILES CHAPIN Executive Producer HERBERT SOLOW Producer LOWRY Director ALLAN ARKUSH Written DAVID OPATOSHU and HENRY ROSENBAUM DAVID TAYLOR Soundtrack available Morocco Records ©1983RosebudFilms''Last Chance To Party This Summer! Get ...And Say Goodbye Crazy To Your Brain! HERBERT SOLOW PRODUCTI GET CRAZY Starring MALCOLM McDOWELL ALLEN GOORWITZ DANIEL STERN GAIL EDWARDS And MILES CHAPIN Executive Producer HERBERT SOLOW Producer LOWRY Director ALLAN ARKUSH Written DAVID OPATOSHU and HENRY ROSENBAUM DAVID TAYLOR Soundtrack available Morocco Records ©1983RosebudFilms'

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Any chance we will be seeing "Fort Ti" in 3D soon?

I'd say zero.

It's with Sony/Columbia, and 3DFA and Kino don't have a deal with them. Twilight Time had a deal with them, and for the 3D releases Sony would deliver TT a finished master. If it needed work it did not get released on 3D blu ray.

Most of the remaining Sony/Columbia '50s 3D library consists of westerns and comparable period pieces which, as noted on this board and elsewhere, have not been selling as well on 3D blu as other genres. And, to the extent any of them needs work, it's extremely unlikely any distributor would want to deal with that extra expense.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Master!

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Last Chance To Party This Summer! Get ...And Say Goodbye Crazy To Your Brain! HERBERT SOLOW PRODUCTI GET CRAZY Starring MALCOLM McDOWELL ALLEN GOORWITZ DANIEL STERN GAIL EDWARDS And MILES CHAPIN Executive Producer HERBERT SOLOW Producer LOWRY Director ALLAN ARKUSH Written DAVID OPATOSHU and HENRY ROSENBAUM DAVID TAYLOR Soundtrack available Morocco Records ©1983RosebudFilms''Last Chance To Party This Summer! Get ...And Say Goodbye Crazy To Your Brain! HERBERT SOLOW PRODUCTI GET CRAZY Starring MALCOLM McDOWELL ALLEN GOORWITZ DANIEL STERN GAIL EDWARDS And MILES CHAPIN Executive Producer HERBERT SOLOW Producer LOWRY Director ALLAN ARKUSH Written DAVID OPATOSHU and HENRY ROSENBAUM DAVID TAYLOR Soundtrack available Morocco Records ©1983RosebudFilms'

FINALLY!! It's insane that it has taken this long for Allan's masterpiece to make it to home entertainment in any format. Bravo, KL, for breaking through the logjam and making this deal!

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Oof! Well, there you go. I thought Black Sunday was awful and sold off my DVD after watching it. On the other hand, both 52 Pick Up and Holcroft Covenant sit comfortably in my film library. As the cliche says, different strokes for different folks! :)

He really lost his touch with The Extraordinary Seaman in 1967 and I don't think he really recovered from that disaster. I do like some of Gypsy Moths, but then nothing until Black Sunday, which I like but don't love, and after that nothing - I find everything after Black Sunday to be substandard.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
He really lost his touch with The Extraordinary Seaman in 1967 and I don't think he really recovered from that disaster. I do like some of Gypsy Moths, but then nothing until Black Sunday, which I like but don't love, and after that nothing - I find everything after Black Sunday to be substandard.

My 2 cents before Robert shuts this down: Frankenheimer redeemed himself with his brilliant swan song, HBO's Path to War. At least he went out on a high note.

And echoing cadavra, Cindy Crawford (when she was still in her 30s I believe) got cheated on by husband Rande Gerber. So even a young Cindy Crawford gets cheated on....

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I asked in a "polite" way to stay on topic and some people have ignored me. Next, comes my "other" way.

Kino Lorber Insider thread Guidelines

Home Theater Forum is very excited to welcome KINO LORBER INSIDER, a representative
of Kino Distribution, who will be providing the membership with the latest Blu-ray and DVD
catalog announcements.

In an attempt to prevent problems we have experienced in the past, we are setting forth
the following guidelines that the HTF Moderating team will be strictly enforcing. Please
read these guidelines very carefully...

1. KINO LORBER INSIDER, as a representative of Kino Distribution, will be posting new release information in this thread as it becomes available.

2. KINO LORBER INSIDER will only be posting release announcements. They will respond to questions they are allowed to answer. They have new KL guidelines to what questions they are allowed to answer and what they're not. The insider is not required to answer every question posed to him.

3. This thread is for announcements and reaction to the announcements only.

4. KINO LORBER INSIDER will be professional in his responses to the membership. He is to receive the same
amount of respect from the membership.

5. Any member(s) who violate(s) any of our rules, will be immediately locked out of this thread
at first offense, without previous warning. More serious measures may of course apply.

Ronald J Epstein

Home Theater Forum co-owner

Kino Critical Discussion Thread

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2021 on 4KUHD!

Brand New 4K Restoration!

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) Starring Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Kirsten Dunst, Mark Ruffalo, Elijah Wood, Tom Wilkinson, Jane Adams & David Cross – Shot by Ellen Kuras (Summer of Sam, Blow) – Music by Jon Brion (Punch Drunk Love, Lady Bird) – Screenplay by Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation.) – Directed by Michel Gondry (The Science of Sleep, Be Kind Rewind).
Image may contain: 2 people, text

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For the @Kino Lorber Insider the next time you're taking questions: will you also be issuing a remastered Blu-ray edition of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, either bundled with the 4K or individually? I think it's great that the title is coming out on 4K for those who can use it. However, I am not currently 4K equipped personally. But I love the movie, so if there is going to be an improved Blu-ray, I would certainly consider purchasing that. If you're allowed to answer this, thank you very much in advance!

Last edited:

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
In Get Crazy Malcolm McDowell plays a character named Reggie Wanker. Sounds right.By the way i like McDowell.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Great - this really needed a remastering (why can't they just say that, instead of "restoring"?). The previous transfer was a typical Universal release at the time: it looks horrible projected. I'm glad Kino didn't lose heart for 4K discs after Hannibal - the transfer was excellent on that.

The film ranks high up on Jim Carrey's oeuvre:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming November 24th!

Mad Max (1979) Starring Mel Gibson - Directed by George Miller

HDR Dolby Vision

Bonus material and other details to be announced later!

Mad Max.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks