What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (10 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Does anyone know if Kino have the rights to the Airport series, seeing that they've been releasing a good chunk of Universal's library so far.

This year the original film turned 50 back in March and I thought that maybe Shout Factory was going to release a complete box set of the films for the occasion, but here we are in August and nothing yet.

We don't have the rights to the Airport movies.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well hopefully those movies will be under future consideration and deals and also Beyond the Time Barrier, a former Shout title that I think they lost the rights to ..
Here is a question
Do you have any former Shout Factory titles that were on DVD or Blu-ray ?
Everyone is asking about Twilight Time titles which you said 3 were part of your new deal, but what about Shout titles gone OOP ?

Last edited:

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if Kino have the rights to the Airport series, seeing that they've been releasing a good chunk of Universal's library so far.

This year the original film turned 50 back in March and I thought that maybe Shout Factory was going to release a complete box set of the films for the occasion, but here we are in August and nothing yet.
The complete set of the Airport series in blu is already available and still in print from Universal, for $26.99 on Amazon.

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
you got 30 title mgm title that awesome news! any chance of mgm title Maxie GLenn Close and THree Warriors and Noose for a Gunman and The Gambler Wore a Gun? for great styff set are part your new deal current and also twlight time previous 3 title that cool. i can't wait get attack on blu ray maybe next year.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Well hopefully those movies will be under future consideration and deals and also Beyond the Time Barrier, a former Shout title that I think they lost the rights to ..
Here is a question
Everyone is asking about Twilight Time titles which you said 3 were part of your new deal, but what about Shout titles gone OOP ?

I don't think so, the numbers for these types of titles were not good five years ago, they would be much worse today. Also, I think all of the titles are not available in HD, making them even more riskier.

We announced ATTACK on Sunday, which was with Shout for years and we have a few more.

The 3 MGM titles previously released by TT are all titles we've released on DVD and will release on Blu-ray.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
you got 30 title mgm title that awesome news! any chance of mgm title Maxie GLenn Close and THree Warriors and Noose for a Gunman and The Gambler Wore a Gun? for great styff set are part your new deal current and also twlight time previous 3 title that cool. i can't wait get attack on blu ray maybe next year.

None of these are part of our deal. I'm not allowed to confirm or deny stuff... I did deny some today and yesterday, but no more.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
We've added a new interview with the great character actor and Eastwood regular, William O'Connell.

• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• NEW Interview with Actress Marianna Hill
• NEW Interview with Actor Mitchell Ryan
• NEW Interview with Actor William O'Connell
• A Man Named Eastwood: Vintage HPD Promo Newly Restored in HD
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Josh Olson
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Edgar Wright
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Reversible Art
• Poster and Image Gallery
• Two Theatrical Trailers (New HD Transfers)
• TV Spot
• Radio Spot
• Optional English Subtitles

738329250904.jpg

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Are there any current or former titles with Olive Films that KL would be interested in ?

I was reading elsewhere about Dementia 13 being with Lionsgate, any truth to that ? I would LOVE that movie to finally get a great Blu-ray release.

Thanks in advance for answering our questions and your insight !

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Any plans to release Battle Hymn (1957), Interlude (1957), or A Time to Love and a Time to Die (1958) on blu ray? The Kino Insider may have already shared this information, so I apologize for any potential repetitiveness in my question.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Here is a question
Beyond The Time Barrier was on one of those Timeless Media Group Movies 4 You sets a few years back. Sinister Cinema also has it. I'm not sure of the quality on the SC version. It is an underrated sci-fi that has a fairly interesting story and decent special effects. Robert Clarke is good in the lead role and Darlene Tompkins, who doesn't utter a single word in the entire film, is absolutely gorgeous. She also was in "Blue Hawaii" with Elvis. The DVD on the Timeless set isn't bad, but a blu of it would look nice.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
The Sinister Cinema copy of Beyond the Time Barrier is the same picture quality as the Timeless copy -- and is actually widescreen. Recommended.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Years ago there was a showing of the uncut PEPE at the American Cinemateque. I begged Nick for Pepe as well.
The cut version was on TCM a few months ago and it was in stereo .

It was on a few days ago on TCM. It looked very good, better than a DVD and the sound was very good. It was the shorter version but still pretty long at 158 minutes.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Why has no one licensed The Claim? This is an excellent post-modern Western and it's a crime it still languishes on DVD. Are there rights issues? MGM released it on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks