Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
LAZY HAZY CRAZY SUMMER SALE!
FINAL DAYS!
SALE ENDS AUGUST 3RD!
OVER 500 TITLES!

And Don’t Forget About Our "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE”!
Over 200 Titles!

FREE USA SHIPPING - Orders of $50 or More!
Well, at this point, I think it's pretty clear that Kino Lorber owns me lock, stock and barrel. Announce a sale, and I can be whistled up like a Labrador Retriever sent dutifully after a fallen duck...

Just ordered:

And Soon the Darkness (Blu-ray)
A*P*E (3D Blu-ray)
Cherry 2000 (Blu-ray)
Deadline U.S.A. (Blu-ray)
Death in the Garden (Blu-ray)
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (1920, Blu-ray)
The Flesh and the Fiends (Blu-ray)
Kiss the Blood off My Hands (Blu-ray)
Long Day's Journey into Night (3D Blu-ray)
The Night Stalker (Blu-ray)
The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
The Stewardesses (3D Blu-ray)

--And I'll most likely be putting in a further order before this sale is over. :blink:

Suzanne.S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Suzanne
I know the feeling. I bit even though I shouldn't have.

I got:

Glorifying the American Girl
The Man Who Was Sherlock Holmes
Victor and Victoria
Taza, Son of Cochise
La Marseillaise
Paracelsus
The Great Leap
Sex Madness Revealed

There are so many more that I would have liked to have gotten, but they will have to wait until I go back to work. Unfortunately that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I’m still making my way through the films I purchased in the last sale. Still, I could not let this new sale go by without placing an order, which also includes a few items from the While Supplies Last list:

The Bloody Brood
Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw
Compulsion
The Fifth Floor
Hallucination Strip
Hard Country
The Honey Pot
Jenny
The Landlord
Meet Him and Die
The Mephisto Waltz
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break
Paris Blues
The Satan Bug
Something Big
Special Delivery
Stunt Squad
The Whales of August
What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice?
Whoever Slew Auntie Roo?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Real Name
Patrick McCart
My sale order:

The Boys in the Band
David Holzman's Diary
The Golem
The Great McGinty
The Holy Mountain (Fanck)
How I Won the War
Judgment at Nuremberg
The Landlord
The Last Valley
Long Day's Journey into Night
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break
Russian Ark
Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills
Straight Shooting

Could have easily ordered twice as many, but they'll have to wait for next time. Some of these I've had my eyes on for a while like Russian Ark, which is a brilliant feature film shot entirely in one continuous steadicam shot

timk1041

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy
Just ordered:
The Deanna Durbin Collection
Western Classics
Film Noir # 3 Dark Side Of Cinema
Film Noir #4 Dark Side Of Cinema
Kiss The Blood Off My Hands
The Paleface
Never Give a Sucker An Even Break
There are 15-20 more titles in my wishlist due out over the next 2 months. I 'll wait for another sale. I like it when $5.00 is taken off the already low price of $29.95 and a few dollars comes off those $14.97 titles. Kino is great!

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
As promised, my subsequent order (all Blu-ray):

Film Noir - The Dark Side of Hollywood, Vol. 3: Abandoned / The Lady Gambles / The Sleeping City
Firepower
Un Flic
Go Go Mania
The Golem
The Holly and the Ivy
The Last Valley
A Man Alone
Munchhausen
My Bodyguard
Silent Scream
Tartuffe
Terror Train
Tobor the Great
Trilogy of Terror
What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice?
Yongary, Monster From the Deep

--I think I'd better lie down now...

Real Name
Insider
LAZY HAZY CRAZY SUMMER SALE!
FINAL DAY!
OVER 500 TITLES!

And Don’t Forget About Our "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE”!
Over 200 Titles!

FREE USA SHIPPING - Orders of $50 or More!

Paleface.jpg

Real Name
Insider
Coming October 20th!

FEAR NO EVIL (1969) | RITUAL OF EVIL (1970) – Double Feature
• Brand New 2K Masters
• Audio Commentaries by Film Historian/Screenwriter Gary Gerani
• FEAR NO EVIL Image Gallery
• FEAR NO EVIL | RITUAL OF EVIL – Television Trailers
• Newly Commissioned Art by Vince Evans
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

C 98 Min 1.37:1 NR | C 98 Min 1.37:1 NR
This double-feature special edition includes new 2K restorations of Fear No Evil (1969) and its sequel Ritual of Evil (1970), both starring Louis Jourdan (Gigi, Octopussy). Fear No Evil – Dr. David Sorell (Jourdan), a psychiatrist specializing in the occult, becomes involved in the case of a man possessed by a spirit in an antique mirror. The man’s fiancée discovers that the mirror is able to bring back her former boyfriend, who had been killed in a car accident, from the dead. Co-starring Lynda Day George (Day of the Animals), Carroll O’Connor (All in the Family), Bradford Dillman (Chosen Survivors), Wilfrid Hyde-White (My Fair Lady), Marsha Hunt (Raw Deal) and directed by Paul Wendkos (The Mephisto Waltz). Ritual of Evil – Dr. David Sorell (Jourdan) investigates the death of one of his patients, a young heiress, and uncovers a cult of wealthy people who practice black magic, witchcraft and devil worship. Hyde-White returns as Harry Snowden, one of David’s associates. Co-starring Anne Baxter (All About Eve), Diana Hyland (Jigsaw), John McMartin (Sweet Charity), Belinda Montgomery (The Other Side of the Mountain) and directed by Robert Day (Tarzan the Magnificent).

738329250843.jpg

Corn Pop

Agent
Real Name
Jason
I can't resist placing at least a $50 order to get free shipping every time that KL has a good sale. This time I got the following:
1.Bob Le Flambeur
2. Touchez Pas Au Grisbi
3. Angel
4. The Golem
5. The Holy Mountain

I'm really looking forward to listening to the audio commentary tracks and watching the silent films.

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
Since you deal mostly with MGM titles, any chance you’ll release the TV movie DADAH IS DEATH, or will this be the year you release BABES IN TOYLAND (1934 and 1984 TV versions)?

JimMiller

Agent
Real Name
Jim Miller
Coming October 20th!

The Ape (1940)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tom Weaver
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
• Trailers

B&W 62 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
Horror legend Boris Karloff (Frankenstein, The Old Dark House, The Black Cat) portrays a kindly doctor who seeks to cure a young woman of polio through injections of human spinal fluid. Of course, spinal fluid is difficult to obtain, particularly as the victim must be alive. When a circus ape escapes and breaks into Karloff’s home, he finds the solution to his problems—or does he? This creepy classic was directed by William Nigh (Mr. Wu, The Mystery of Mr. Wong) and co-written by Curt Siodmak (I Walked with a Zombie, The Wolf Man) and Richard Carroll (Five Came Back), with atmospheric cinematography by Harry Neumann (My Gun Is Quick).

View attachment 76119
I wondered what John Bolton did in his earlier career...

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
I can't resist placing at least a $50 order to get free shipping every time that KL has a good sale. This time I got the following:
1.Bob Le Flambeur
2. Touchez Pas Au Grisbi
3. Angel
4. The Golem
5. The Holy Mountain

I'm really looking forward to listening to the audio commentary tracks and watching the silent films.
Bob Le Flambeur and Touchez Pas Au Grisbi are both fantastic movies . I expect you have Le Doulos on BD if not I can only suggest you buy it. it is probably one of the greatest thriller films of all time .

Reactions: Peter M Fitzgerald
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 20th!

KILLDOZER (1974)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Lee Gambin and Film Critic Jarret Gahan
• NEW Audio Interview with Director Jerry London
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Image Gallery
• Trailers

Color 74 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
A small construction crew battles the ultimate assassin in the cult classic Killdozer. Stationed on a small island off the coast of Africa, six men find themselves terrorized when a ruthless life-form takes over a bulldozer and then sets off on a killing rampage. Despite limited fuel, the renegade machine methodically hunts down the men one by one in a full-throttle drive to death. Buckle up and hold on tight in this turbo-charged thriller! Directed by Jerry London (Shogun) and starring screen and TV legend Clint Walker (The Dirty Dozen, Cheyenne) with Robert Urich (Vega$, The Ice Pirates) and Neville Brand (Stalag 17, Kansas City Confidential). Killdozer is based on a novel by acclaimed television writer Theodore Sturgeon (Star Trek, The Twilight Zone) and features a rousing score by Gil Mellé (The Andromeda Strain, Night Gallery).

738329250867.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 27th!

Alistair MacLean’s THE SECRET WAYS (1961)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger and Steve Mitchell
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 112 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Acclaimed filmmaker Phil Karlson (99 River Street, The Silencers, Walking Tall) directed this espionage thriller based on an Alistair MacLean (The Guns of Navarone, Where Eagles Dare, Ice Station Zebra) novel and starring screen great Richard Widmark (Pickup on South Street, The Alamo, Madigan). Vienna, 1956. After Soviet tanks crush the Hungarian uprising, soldier-of-fortune Mike Reynolds (Widmark) is hired to help Professor Jancsi (Walter Rilla, Code 7, Victim 5), a Hungarian scientist wanted by the Russians, escape from Budapest. Mike and Julia (Sonja Ziemann, The Bridge at Remagen), the professor’s daughter, cross the border posing as journalists, but encounter a problem—the professor is a staunch freedom fighter and doesn’t want to be rescued! Two of the film’s best features are the terrific black-and-white photography by Mutz Greenbaum (Night and the City) and original music score by legendary composer John Williams (Jaws, Star Wars). Co-starring Senta Berger (Diabolically Yours, The Ambushers).

738329250928.jpg

Real Name
Insider
Since you deal mostly with MGM titles, any chance you’ll release the TV movie DADAH IS DEATH, or will this be the year you release BABES IN TOYLAND (1934 and 1984 TV versions)?
I guess you didn't see our hundreds of titles through Universal, StudioCanal, Fox, Disney, Paramount, CBS and others. We Don't have any of these or interested in them.

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Planmeister