What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (9 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 6th!
Sold Separately!

THE SECRET OF MY SUCCESS (1987)
• NEW Interview with Co-Star Helen Slater
• NEW Audio Commentary by Entertainment Journalist and Author Bryan Reesman
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 111 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG-13
Can a kid from Kansas come to New York to conquer the business world and maneuver his way from the mailroom to the boardroom in a matter of weeks? Michael J. Fox (Back to the Future, The Hard Way) proves it can be done in this very funny lampoon of corporate business life directed by Hollywood veteran Herbert Ross (The Goodbye Girl, Footloose). Fresh out of college, Brantley (Fox) is determined to climb New York’s corporate ladder in record time by masquerading as an up-and-coming executive, even though he’s really the new mail boy. However, his plans begin to go awry when the boss’s wife (Margaret Whitton, Major League) falls in love with him and he falls in love with a junior executive (Helen Slater, Supergirl), who also happens to be the boss’s (Richard Jordan, The Yakuza) mistress. The wonderful cast also includes John Pankow (To Live and Die in L.A.), Christopher Murney (The Last Dragon), Fred Gwynne (My Cousin Vinny) and Mercedes Ruehl (Married to the Mob).

THE HARD WAY (1991)
• NEW Audio Commentary with Director John Badham, Producer/Second Unit Director Rob Cohen and Film Historian/Filmmaker Daniel Kremer
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 111 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
From John Badham, the acclaimed director of Saturday Night Fever, Dracula, Blue Thunder, Stakeout and Bird on a Wire, comes this action-packed crime-comedy starring Michael J. Fox (Back to the Future, The Secret of My Success), James Woods (Cop, The Onion Field), Stephen Lang (Tombstone, Don’t Breathe) and Annabella Sciorra (Jungle Fever, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle). Nick Lang (Fox) is a popular movie star who joins forces with tough New York detective John Moss (Woods) in order to break out of his “nice guy” screen image. On the trail of a ruthless serial killer (Lang), the last thing Moss needs is a pampered Hollywood sidekick, who he finds superficial and irritating. The stellar cast also includes Luis Guzmán (The Limey), LL Cool J (Deep Blue Sea), Delroy Lindo (Clockers), Penny Marshall (TV’s Laverne & Shirley), Christina Ricci (The Addams Family) and Lewis Black (Man of the Year).

Fox.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 13th!

The Chalk Garden (1964)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 106 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
From Ronald Neame, the acclaimed director of The Horse’s Mouth, Tunes of Glory, Gambit, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, The Poseidon Adventure and Hopscotch, comes this critically acclaimed drama starring screen legend Deborah Kerr (Separate Tables), with Hayley Mills (Endless Night), John Mills (Great Expectations) and Edith Evans (The Whisperers) in an Oscar-nominated role. The peculiar antics of Laurel (Hayley Mills), an emotionally troubled young girl, are the focus of The Chalk Garden—a stately household drama set on the cliffs of the English south coast. Evans plays a matriarchal grandmother who, in raising her granddaughter, has neglected her other love—a barren chalk garden. Mayhem ensues as Laurel’s behavior frightens away a succession of governesses until an enigmatic one (Kerr) is hired in spite of her mysterious references. She skillfully sets about tending to the girl’s reckless emotions and the pitifully failed garden. John Mills (Hayley’s real-life father) plays the compassionate butler working overtime to maintain order in this unpredictable environment. Beautifully photographed by Arthur Ibbetson (Where Eagles Dare) with a screenplay by the great John Michael Hayes (Rear Window), adapted from a play by Enid Bagnold (National Velvet).

738329250874.jpg

Last edited:

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
THe Secret of my sucesses and the hard way and the chalk garden those still fun movie. i can't wait get them on blu ray finally hd.

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
Too bad.It would have been nice to see a decent print of this movie.

me too would love to see curcu beast of the amazon release still decent print hd remastering on blu ray kino lorber. scream factory have stop release universal horror collection final volume 6 last set with shadow of the cat other film the black castle.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 20th!

Picture Mommy Dead (1966)
• Brand New 4K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger and Nathaniel Thompson
• Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 82 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
From cult filmmaker Bert I. Gordon, the director of The Cyclops, The Amazing Colossal Man, Attack of the Puppet People, The Magic Sword, The Food of the Gods and Empire of the Ants. After Edward Shelley’s (Don Ameche, Midnight, Trading Places) wealthy wife (Zsa Zsa Gabor, Queen of Outer Space, Moulin Rouge) dies in a mysterious fire, he marries Francene (Martha Hyer, House of 1,000 Dolls, Paris Holiday), the governess of his daughter Susan (played by the director’s real-life daughter Susan Gordon, The Five Pennies, Tormented). Francene is only interested in Edward’s money and wastes no time spending his inheritance. She then turns her attention to Susan—if Susan and Edward were both to die, the rest of the inheritance would go to Anthony (Maxwell Reed, Daughter of Darkness, The Notorious Landlady), Edward’s cousin and Francene’s former lover. Francene and Anthony work out a plot to drive Susan, still haunted by her mother’s untimely death, mad. Beautifully shot in Pathécolor by Ellsworth Fredericks (Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Eye of the Cat) and co-starring Wendell Corey (Rear Window, The Astro-Zombies), Signe Hasso (The House on 92nd Street, The Seventh Cross) and Anna Lee (Bedlam, The Crimson Kimono).

PICTURE_MOMMY_DEAD_BD_flat.jpg

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I love these silent classics KL is putting out. Just watched Straight Shooting a couple of days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep 'em coming!

Yeah, among other things I ordered from Kino's current sale was the Hitchcock BIP Collection. The Manxman was a bit rough, in spots, but the others looked absolutely remarkable.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
LAZY HAZY CRAZY SUMMER SALE!
FINAL DAYS!
SALE ENDS AUGUST 3RD!
OVER 500 TITLES!

And Don’t Forget About Our "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE”!
Over 200 Titles!

FREE USA SHIPPING - Orders of $50 or More!

* No Announcements this Weekend

Flic.jpg

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Had this been released on Blu? I see it on Amazon but I don’t know if it’s legit or not.

Dear Battlebeast: In re your question about a Blu-Ray release of TWO WOMEN, I can recommend the gorgeous CultFilms release. Bar code is: 5060485803010

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks