What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (5 Viewers)

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
The Devils is with Warner last I heard, and is often rumored to be a Criterion release, but internet rumors are a dime a dozen

yeah i remember read that information criterion the devils director's cut years ago. talking about so many times never happen. maybe scream factory or kino lorber.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming in 2020!
3-D Restoration by 3-D Film Archive!

Dynasty (1977)
This 3-D pop-out spectacular is directed by Mei-Chun Chang (Revenge of the Shogun Women) and stars Tao-Liang Tan (The Hand of Death), Ying Bai (Hapkido) and Kang Chin (Master of the Flying Guillotine). Ying Bai won the Best Supporting Actor at the 1977 Golden Horse Film Festival. Stereo cinematography is by Jung-Shu Chen (The Fearless Hyena).

This will be our first release in Compatible 3-D meaning you can view it on any system. The package will have both BD3D polarized AND anaglyphic (red/cyan) 3-D versions. In other words, a dedicated 3-D Blu-ray player/display will not be required to view Dynasty in 3-D. The packaging will contain one pair of anaglyphic 3-D glasses with information on how to acquire additional glasses.

Please support the KICKSTARTER campaign:

Dynasty_1977_Qian dao wan li zhu.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw a screening of The Devils with Guillermo del Toro speaking about it, and he said that someone with pull at Warner Bros. hates the film and does't want it released.

That was six years ago, there has been quite a bit of turnover high up in the Warner management ranks since then.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
KL Insider I just really want ask for you did you wish love get KEn Russell The DEvils Director's cut and craze freddie fracis and never been released on dvd. that is some point for radar for warner bros deal stuff maybe will happen working along with sony pictures deal and package maybe working just nice suprises one title?

It's with Warner Brothers.

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
It's with Warner Brothers.

Thanks you kino lorber. Hopeful get release DVD and blu Ray first time maybe one day. Make deal Warner bros. any chance of Tv Movie The Colony 1995 John Ritter universal and the crying child and high desert kill and trapped 1989 and bay coven and i saw what you did 1988 fred walton anything all those still not on DVD? might be still good movie i want get them on dvd and blu ray love it transfer.

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
That was six years ago, there has been quite a bit of turnover high up in the Warner management ranks since then.
He was a bit cagey, but I got the impression it wan't a Warner exec, but someone who they wanted to please, maybe a major producer or star. Anyway, who knows what the real truth of the matter is.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thanks you kino lorber. Hopeful get release DVD and blu Ray first time maybe one day. Make deal Warner bros. any chance of Tv Movie The Colony 1995 John Ritter universal and the crying child and high desert kill and trapped 1989 and bay coven and i saw what you did 1988 fred walton anything all those still not on DVD? might be still good movie i want get them on dvd and blu ray love it transfer.

The Devils, as indicated above, is with Warner’s. They do not license out their product to any other company, except Criterion. Criterion is the only hope for a release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Devils, as indicated above, is with Warner’s. They do not license out their product to any other company, except Criterion. Criterion is the only hope for a release.
With that said, let's all of us move on from that film title as this thread is about Kino announcements.:)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Warner Brothers has licensed to Shout Factory under the Scream Factory umbrella and judging by the last few months they seem to have another deal, at least for the horror titles.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
With that said, let's all of us move on from that film title as this thread is about Kino announcements.:)
Sorry. I just got exasperated.

On the other hand, I’m looking forward to so many Kino releases, it’s hard to pick a favorite. Thanks and please keep those great titles coming.
Warner Brothers has licensed to Shout Factory under the Scream Factory umbrella and judging by the last few months they seem to have another deal, at least for the horror titles.

Yes, I stand corrected.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Does KL still have plans to release “The Lost Weekend”?

Also, is the Billy Wilder-Howard Hawks film “Ball of Fire” a consideration?

Last edited:

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
hey Kino LOrber anytime chance of still schedule The Mystery of Edwin Drood and the mystery of marie roget and flesh and fantasy 1943 plans to releases working on them?

i want get more horror film universal and universal tv movie horror the colony 1995 john ritter and buried alive sequel 2 1997 tim matherson and the dark secret of the harvest home mini series pretty long movie, but i remember to seem watch years ago on vhs.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hi KL, any chance that you could license CASQUE D'OR ?
Criterion released it on DVD, Studio Canal released it on Blu-ray overseas. Did Criterion lose the rights ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks