What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (4 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 25th From Code Red!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

Conquest (1983)
• 2019 HD Master
• Interview with Star Jorge Rivero
• Banana Man intro with Rivero
• Theatrical Trailer

738329249281.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 25th!
From Scorpion Releasing!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

Trick Baby (1972)
• NEW Interview with Director Larry Yust
• Radio Spot
• Reversible Art
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 89 Minutes 1.78:1 Not Rated R
Trick Baby
is the gritty story of the relationship between two Philly conmen, Johnny “White Folks” O’Brien (Kiel Martin, Moonrunners), a biracial man posing as a white man, and “Blue” Howard (Mel Stewart, Hammer), a black man. From an early age, Blue raised Folks as his own son. However, Blue passed on more than his heritage when he taught him the ways of the street and the art of the con. Folks was a natural, and in no time, they were using their skill and their color to play on people’s prejudices and fears. Then, on one hellish day, things begin to unravel when they get in over their heads with a crooked cop and some shady investors. Now the heat is on, friends are scarce and they must rely on each other. But when the chips are down, can the two men really trust each other? In the next 24 hours, Blue and Folks will learn the disturbing truth about themselves and the world they prey on. Based on the notorious novel by Robert “Iceberg Slim” Beck (Pimp: The Story of My Life) and co-written and directed by Larry Yust (Homebodies).

Trick Baby.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray August 18th from Kino Lorber!

Guest of Honour
Directed by Atom Egoyan
Starring David Thewlis, Laysla De Oliveira, Rossif Sutherland with Arsinée Khanjian and Luke Wilson

Jim (David Thewlis) and his daughter Veronica (Laysla De Oliveira), a high school music teacher, attempt to unravel their complicated histories and intertwined secrets in the latest film from Academy Award® nominee Atom Egoyan (The Sweet Hereafter), which weaves through time to explore perception and penance, memory and forgiveness.

Special features:
*Optional English SDH subtitles
*Trailer

GuestOfHonour_BR.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 25th!

Hollywoodland (2006)
• Audio Commentary by Director Allen Coulter
• Audio Commentary by Entertainment Journalist and Author Bryan Reesman
• Re-creating Old Hollywood - Featurette
• Hollywood Then and Now - Featurette
• Behind the Headlines - Featurette
• Deleted Scenes
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 126 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Based on the true story of Hollywood’s most notorious unsolved mystery,*Hollywoodland*is a tale of glamour, scandal, and corruption in 1950s Los Angeles. When George Reeves (Ben Affleck, The Town), star of TV’s*Adventures of Superman, is found dead in his home, millions of fans are shocked by the circumstances of his death. The police and studio bosses want the case closed as a suicide, but rumors linger. Louis Simo (Adrien Brody, Summer of Sam), a private investigator, picks up the trail and begins to piece together the actor’s last, tension-filled days. Who pulled the trigger? Was it the seductive yet scheming fiancée (Robin Tunney, The Craft), the spurned lover (Diane Lane, Unfaithful), the enraged husband (Bob Hoskins, Mona Lisa), or was it Reeves himself? Directed by Allen Coulter (Remember Me), Hollywoodland is a stylish neo-noir that garnered Ben Affleck a Golden Globe nomination for his superb performance as the iconic Reeves.

738329249335.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray August 25th from Kino Lorber Studio Classics!

Hell Bent (1918)
Directed by John Ford
Starring Harry Carey

NEW 4K RESTORATION FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES! Hell Bent (1918) is a rousing Western from the series of Cheyenne Harry adventures that director John Ford (credited as Jack Ford early in his career) made with star Harry Carey (Straight Shooting). Cheyenne Harry was an outlaw with a heart of gold, played with stoic warmth by Carey, whose performances were a pivotal influence on John Wayne.

Special features:
*Archival 1970 audio interview with John Ford by Joseph McBride, author of Searching for John Ford
*Audio commentary by film historian Joseph McBride
*Music by Zachary Marsh
*Video essay by film critic Tag Gallagher

HELL_BENT_BD_flat.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Memorial Day/June Swoon Sale! FINAL DAYS! Ends June 8th! Over 330 Titles!

Our "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" Sale Continues! Over 215 Titles!

FREE USA SHIPPING - Orders of $50 or More!

klsc.jpg

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Knowing that Mr. Lime cannot comment on specific titles, I just wanted to say a big thank you first for bringing Hello Again to Blu-ray, and to encourage Kino to go after more Touchstone, Caravan, Hollywood Pictures and Miramax product.

Can we just get a solid Blu-ray of the 1996 version of Jane Austen's Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow, also Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte in I Love Trouble, Bette Midler and Shelly Long in Outrageous Fortune, and Midler and Nolte in Down and Out in Beverly Hills? Lots of untapped goodies from the late 80's early 90's. It would also be nice to get the director's cut of Pretty Woman. Would also like to throw my hat in the ring for Six Weeks - a great Holiday tear jerker costarring Mary Tyler Moore and Dudley Moore.

As an added footnote - regarding the Uni deal - let's see about Thoroughly Modern Mille - one of the best musicals still MIA on home video, and, Flower Drum Song - the underrated R&H classic.

One minor quibbling. Just want to know what happened to the transfer on Pool of London. It looks like it was sourced from an old VHS copy, riddled in edge effects, digital noise, etc. Chroma bleeding too. Contrast - feeble. Dirt, damage etc. - everywhere! I know this was a port over from StudioCanal but even then, the quality here is well below par for what we are used to seeing either from Kino or StudioCanal. It really was a letdown for such a fine film.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I hope Kino Lorber can go after some of the Paramount titles (make a new deal) that have never seen blu-ray (The Saint, The Ghost and The Darkness) or a proper blu-ray addition (Jade which has never had the unrated cut see DVD or blu-ray)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I hope Kino Lorber can go after some of the Paramount titles (make a new deal) that have never seen blu-ray (The Saint, The Ghost and The Darkness) or a proper blu-ray addition (Jade which has never had the unrated cut see DVD or blu-ray)

Yeah, if Paramount could share its load of trying to finally get some of the long-withheld catalog titles out on Blu with Kino, those movies on our wish lists would diminish rapidly. Imprint in Australia (of all companies) is getting the cream of the crop, with announcements of WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE, A PLACE IN THE SUN, NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY, and some other Aussie company is releasing ORDINARY PEOPLE. It's probably just a matter of time before the likes of THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, ROMAN HOLIDAY, LADY SINGS THE BLUES, TESTAMENT, PRETTY BABY, THE DESPERATE HOURS, DRAGONSLAYER, more Jerry Lewis and Elvis titles, etc. turn up over there.

But what about here, Paramount? What about in the U.S., your native country? What are we getting from you? Re-issues of TOP GUN and FATAL ATTRACTION and AIRPLANE!, plus a sprinkling of 70's horror films like PROPHECY and LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH. I don't mean to diminish the fact that at least those titles are showing up here, but c'mon, let Kino -- or someone -- help you out. Nice that you're back with Criterion for WAR OF THE WORLDS, but you have scores and scores of other films we have been begging you for these many years.

In any case, many thanks for opening your vaults again, even if trying to acquire the best titles means having to import them. It would just be nice if you offered your home team the cream of the crop first. I've literally grown old asking and waiting for you to stop neglecting your classic film legacy so that it can be shared with us again. I hope to see the release of many of my favorite Paramount movies on Blu-ray soon.

Last edited:

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, if Paramount could share its load of trying to finally get some of the long-withheld catalog titles out on Blu with Kino, those movies on our wish lists would diminish rapidly. Imprint in Australia (of all companies) is getting the cream of the crop, with announcements of WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE, A PLACE IN THE SUN, NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY, and some other Aussie company is releasing ORDINARY PEOPLE. It's probably just a matter of time before the likes of THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, ROMAN HOLIDAY, LADY SINGS THE BLUES, TESTAMENT, PRETTY BABY, THE DESPERATE HOURS, DRAGONSLAYER, more Jerry Lewis and Elvis titles, etc. turn up over there.

But what about here, Paramount? What about in the U.S., your native country? What are we getting from you? Re-issues of TOP GUN and FATAL ATTRACTION and AIRPLANE!, plus a sprinkling of 70's horror films like PROPHECY and LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH. I don't mean to diminish the fact that at least those titles are showing up here, but c'mon, let Kino -- or someone -- help you out. Nice that you're back with Criterion for WAR OF THE WORLDS, but you have scores and scores of other films we have been begging you for these many years.

In any case, many thanks for opening your vaults again, even if trying to acquire the best titles means having to import them. It would just be nice if you offered your home team the cream of the crop first. I've literally grown old asking and waiting for you to stop neglecting your classic film legacy so that it can be shared with us again. I hope to see the release of many of my favorite Paramount movies on Blu-ray soon.

A high quality restored blu-ray release of Roman Holiday with audio commentary and special features is badly needed!

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Would also like to throw my hat in the ring for Sixteen Weeks - a great Holiday tear jerker costarring Mary Tyler Moore and Dudley Moore.

Just to clarify, the title of the film is SIX WEEKS, but I could not agree more that I would love to see this come to Blu-Ray. I still remember seeing it in the theatre as an 11-year old and loving it.

A definite tear-jerker!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    blitz
    Recent bookmarks