Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Has anybody's Memorial Day sale items shipped yet? I placed my big order of 15 releases on May 22nd and it still hasn't shipped yet. So I'm wondering those with smaller orders have seen their shipments go out?
I’m still waiting for my order, too. Like you, I placed my order on 5/22. On 5/23, I received a “Your order has just been approved for packing” email. And there’s been nothing since then. As of today, their site still lists my order status as “Now Processing.”

I had 14 items in that order so I’m assuming there may have been 1 or 2 that were temporarily out of stock. I’ve never had any issues with them in the past so I’m not too worried, though this is probably the longest gap between ordering and shipping that I’ve experienced with KL.

Between the sale and possibly having fewer workers onsite due to the virus, I’m not too surprised by the additional wait. I’m also planning to place another order this weekend, so the delay isn’t going to discourage me.

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
Beau Geste was labeled "out of Stock" when I ordered it on the first day of the sale, so I'm not surprised my order of it and several other things hasn't shipped yet. I have plenty of stuff here to watch.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Beau Geste was labeled "out of Stock" when I ordered it on the first day of the sale, so I'm not surprised my order of it and several other things hasn't shipped yet.
That may be why my order is delayed as well. It would be nice to get an email from Kino explaining any delays and getting an ETA.
---------------

lark144

Screenwriter
Premium
Real Name
mark gross
Has anybody's Memorial Day sale items shipped yet? I placed my big order of 15 releases on May 22nd and it still hasn't shipped yet. So I'm wondering those with smaller orders have seen their shipments go out?
I received a preparing to ship notice yesterday. I ordered 6 items on May 23rd, with three that seem to be almost continually out of stock:
The Good Fairy
Quai des Orfevres
& Sweet Charity.

Other items I noticed were out of stock that I was going to order but put off for now are The Barbara Stanwyck & Noir II Collections as well as Love Among the Ruins.

RetroGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Edwards
I received a notice this morning that the order I placed on Monday night (8 discs) had been "approved for packing." Since 2 of the titles were out of stock at the time I placed the order, I was surprised to hear that everything is ready for packing.

Mike Frezon

We really should get back to the topic of the thread...

1. KINO LORBER INSIDER, as a representative of Kino Distribution, will be posting new release information in this thread as it becomes available.

2. KINO LORBER INSIDER will only be posting release announcements. They will respond to questions they are allowed to answer. They have new KL guidelines to what questions they are allowed to answer and what they're not. The insider is not required to answer every question posed to him.

3. This thread is for announcements and reaction to the announcements only.

jayembee

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry
Other possibility is that some items in order are out of stock and Kino only ships orders when complete.
Nothing is marked out of stock but they have gotten a lot of orders.
That's the case with my order. I just placed an order last night for a box set and 5 individual titles. One of the individuals (Lonely Are the Brave) was flagged temporarily out of stock, so my order is waiting on that.

I'm rather surprised that the sale list included so many titles from the last week or so. I wouldn't've thought they'd offer things at sale prices that were just released.

On edit: Sorry, Mike. I didn't see your post until after I hit the "post reply" button. Feel free to delete this post if you want.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
We really should get back to the topic of the thread...

1. KINO LORBER INSIDER, as a representative of Kino Distribution, will be posting new release information in this thread as it becomes available.

2. KINO LORBER INSIDER will only be posting release announcements. They will respond to questions they are allowed to answer. They have new KL guidelines to what questions they are allowed to answer and what they're not. The insider is not required to answer every question posed to him.

3. This thread is for announcements and reaction to the announcements only.
It's my fault! I asked the question and I received answers so let's get back to this thread's topic of announcements.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

A Very Happy 90th Birthday to Screen Legend, Oscar-Winning Filmmaker and Composer Extraordinaire, Clint Eastwood!
Link for the Four KL Studio Classics Releases Starring Clint Eastwood:

https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/clint-eastwood

Coming in 2020!

Seven More KLSC Special Editions Starring Clint Eastwood!

• Coogan’s Bluff (1968) – Directed by Don Siegel
• Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970) NEW 4K MASTER – Directed by Don Siegel
• The Beguiled (1971) NEW 2K MASTER – Directed by Don Siegel
• Play Misty for Me (1971) NEW 4K MASTER – Directed by Clint Eastwood
• Joe Kidd (1972) – Directed by John Sturges
• High Plains Drifter (1973) – Directed by Clint Eastwood
• The Eiger Sanction (1975) NEW 2K MASTER – Directed by Clint Eastwood
Coming August 25th!
• Breezy (1973) Directed by Clint Eastwood – Starring William Holden
Image may contain: 2 people, text

jayembee

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry
Hunh. The exact seven movies in Universal's Clint Eastwood 7-Movie Collection (and the two derivative Thriller and Western collections), which I never got around to getting. Of course, I could get that collection for probably less than the cost of one of the KLSC releases, but the prospect of new 2K or 4K masters on five of the seven might make them worth it.

I would've expected that I'd have to buy the collection(s) before an announcement came. Glad I didn't have to take that bullet for the squad.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Insider
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 11th!
A 4K Restoration!

The Quest (1985) aka Frog Dreaming
• Audio Commentary with Director Brian Trenchard-Smith, Editor Brian Kavanagh, Costume Designer Aphrodite Kondos, and "Not Quite Hollywood"'s Mark Hartley
• THE DEPTHS OF A LEGEND: A Look Back with Star Henry Thomas and Director Brian Trenchard-Smith (28:12)
• THE GO KIDS: Looking Back on THE QUEST with Co-Stars Rachel Friend and Tamsin West (16:43)
• THE DREAM QUEST: Shooting Locations Revisited (5:32)
• U.S. Opening Title
• Australian 'Frog Dreaming' Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 93 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From Brian Trenchard-Smith, the acclaimed director of The Man from Hong Kong, Turkey Shoot, Dead End Drive-In and The Siege of Firebase Gloria, comes this action-filled adventure starring Henry Thomas (E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Cloak & Dagger). Cody (Thomas) is a young man of intrepid spirit, always looking for a challenge. Living with his guardian (Tony Barry, Shame), Cody learns of an ancient myth, the story of “Donkegin.” He is told to leave it alone, but the legend sparks his lively imagination. Defying all authority, Cody and his girlfriend embark on a search that takes them into the shadow-land of mystery and to the edge of death. Written by Everett De Roche (Razorback, Race for the Yankee Zephyr) and featuring a top-notch score by the great Brian May (Mad Max, Road Games, The Road Warrior), The Quest is a treat for the whole family with a backdrop of spectacular Australian scenery.

738329242329.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Insider
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 18th!

Backlash (1956)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Samm Deighan
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 84 Minutes 2.00:1 Not Rated
From John Sturges, the legendary director of Bad Day at Black Rock, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, The Satan Bug, Ice Station Zebra and Joe Kidd, comes this top-notch western starring Richard Widmark (Yellow Sky) and Donna Reed (It’s a Wonderful Life). Hard-bitten wanderer Jim Slater (Widmark) rides the range seeking to avenge his father’s death. Along the way he meets frontier widow Karyl Orton (Reed), who is being hunted by gunslinger Johnny Cool (William Campbell, Man Without a Star). The unlikely duo endures various hardships as Slater comes to suspect his father died from something more sinister than an apparent Apache ambush. Irving Glassberg’s (Bend of the River, The Tarnished Angels) superb cinematography lends this serpentine tale of revenge a heavy dose of atmosphere. Backlash also boasts a screenplay by the great Borden Chase (Red River, Winchester ’73) and a strong supporting cast that includes John McIntire (Apache), Barton MacLane (The Maltese Falcon) and Harry Morgan (The Ox-Bow Incident).

738329249274.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Insider
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 18th!

Soldier Blue (1970)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger and Steve Mitchell
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 115 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
Sometimes the truth is lost in battle!
From Ralph Nelson, the acclaimed director of Soldier in the Rain, Father Goose, Duel at Diablo, Charly and The Wilby Conspiracy, comes this graphic and uncompromising anti-racist western starring Candice Bergen (The Hunting Party), Peter Strauss (The Jericho Mile) and Donald Pleasence (The Flesh and the Fiends). After a cavalry patrol is ambushed by the Cheyenne, the two survivors, Honus Gent (Strauss), a soldier highly devoted to his duty, and Cresta (Bergen), a white woman who had lived with Native Americans for two years, must reach the safety of the nearest fort. As they travel, Honus feels a growing affection for Cresta, but he is disgusted that her sympathies lie more with the Cheyenne than the U.S. government. As they arrive at the cavalry outpost on the eve of a planned attack on a Cheyenne village, Honus will finally learn who’s been telling him the truth. Written by John Gay (Run Silent, Run Deep) from a novel by Theodore V. Olsen (The Stalking Moon), Soldier Blue features a rousing score by the great Roy Budd (Get Carter, The Black Windmill) and a strong supporting cast that includes John Anderson (Cotton Comes to Harlem), Jorge Rivero (Rio Lobo), Dana Elcar (The Nude Bomb) and director Nelson under the pseudonym Alf Elson.

738329249007.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Insider
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray August 4th from Kino Lorber!

Capital in the Twenty-First Century
Directed by Justin Pemberton

Based on the #1 New York Times bestselling book by Thomas Piketty, Capital in the Twenty-First Century is an eye-opening journey through wealth and power, a film that breaks the popular assumption that the accumulation of capital runs hand in hand with social progress, and shines a new light on today's growing inequalities.

Special features:
*Interview with director Justin Pemberton
*Interview with producer Matthew Metcalfe
*The New Republic Roundtable moderated by Chris Lehmann, TNR Editor
*Theatrical trailer
*Optional English subtitles

Capital21stCent_BR.jpg

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member