Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3)

dana martin

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Dana Martin
I'm too embarrassed to say how much I just spent on KL's Memorial Day sale. Let's just say I'll be eating canned beans for the next month :(
It's not bad enough that I just purchased so many from my want list, but I also found a few that I had missed before, along with a few I didn't know I wanted!

I'll tell you how bad I did, I broke it into two orders, those that were in stock and those that were out of stock.

Pass the can opener, Thomas!

Oh my, what did i do, i was fine till i saw the box sets.......

Gentlemen,

i don't need the can opener, bags of dried beans cost less, just need to soak them long enough, seems i am going to need to start making a lot of cornbread, LOL

battlebeast

Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.oscarmovs.com
Real Name
Warren
I went with A Thousand Clowns, The Light at the Edge of the World and An Inspector Calls. All are blind buys and I really hope they will wind up on my shelf. I had the other recent releases :)
You’ll LOVE A THOUSAND CLOWNS. It’s hilarious!

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt Hough
Love, love, love Death on the Nile. A terrifically convoluted mystery, great location photography, a cast to die for (Mia was over the top? How about Angela Lansbury who steals every set that wasn't nailed down! She won the National Board of Review's Best Supporting Actress award for this performance. I had high hopes for another Oscar nomination for her, but it didn't happen).
I imported this and the next two Christie follow-ups from Sweden, and they look very nice (though Nile looks the least best of the three).

RMajidi

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ramin
In the late 70s and early 80s, I had the great good fortune to attend a Kentish school, of which John Brabourne was benefactor.

As producer of a string of Agatha Christie productions, the school was treated to early screenings of Lord Brabourne’s personal prints of Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile, The Mirror Crack’d and Evil Under the Sun. [He also produced Zeffirelli’s Romeo and Juliet, and Lean’s A Passage to India amongst other works].

He shared absorbing anecdotes about the legendary cast and directors, and fired our imagination. He also generously gave of his time in running a lunch-hour film club to which all aspiring student filmmakers were welcomed. This was the heyday of Borg, Connors and McEnroe, so muggins here was too impatient to get onto the tennis courts at lunch and deprived himself of a golden opportunity to learn more from one of the foremost filmmakers in the land.

The series of Agatha Christie films he produced makes for a unique set, and I’m so pleased they’ve been restored and globally released.

Last edited:

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Picked up quite a few titles - films by Lubitsch, Lean, Reed, Wilder, Wyler, Mann, Mamoulian, Wellman, De Sica, Schrader, Losey, Clouzot, and Demme.

Biggest "wild card" will be Song of Norway since I'm curious about the film and I'm always up for an exceedingly rare film.

Reactions: Suzanne.S

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement

Coming in September!

Agatha Christie’s Evil Under the Sun (1982) Starring Peter Ustinov as Hercule Poirot and in Alphabetical Order: Jane Birkin, Colin Blakely, Nicholas Clay, James Mason, Roddy McDowall, Sylvia Miles, Denis Quilley, Diana Rigg & Maggie Smith with Barbara Hicks – Shot by Christopher Challis (Mary, Queen of Scots) – Music by Cole Porter (High Society) – Screenplay by Anthony Shaffer (Sleuth) – Directed by Guy Hamilton (Goldfinger).

Image may contain: 5 people

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt Hough
Happy that these brilliant Agatha Christie adaptations are at long last coming to Blu-ray in Region A. This is another one with an absolutely sublime cast, marvelous locations, a terrific mystery, and Cole Porter songs providing the background score (that surprisingly fit it to a "T").

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Monday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in September!

Agatha Christie’s The Mirror Crack’d (1980) Starring Angela Lansbury as Miss Marple and in Alphabetical Order: Geraldine Chaplin, Tony Curtis, Edward Fox, Rock Hudson, Kim Novak, Elizabeth Taylor with Pierce Brosnan & Charles Gray – Shot by Christopher Challis (Return from the Ashes) – Music by John Cameron (The Jigsaw Man) – Screenplay by Jonathan Hales (High Road to China) & Barry Sandler (Crimes of Passion) – Directed by Guy Hamilton (Live and Let Die).

Image may contain: 7 people

Jack P

Producer
Reaction score
Glad that Evil Under The Sun and Death On THe Nile will make it to Blu-Ray. Unfortunately I don't have much faith for Paramount to do the same with "Murder On THe Orient Express".

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

battlebeast

Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.oscarmovs.com
Real Name
Warren
Glad that Evil Under The Sun and Death On THe Nile will make it to Blu-Ray. Unfortunately I don't have much faith for Paramount to do the same with "Murder On THe Orient Express".
I need that one for my collection... would love it on Blu...

Reactions: Detour (1945)

Corn Pop

Auditioning
Reaction score
Real Name
Jason
Could anyone tell me if the Kino Lorber Memorial Day Sale ends on Monday on Memorial Day, and if not, how long will the sale last?

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Could anyone tell me if the Kino Lorber Memorial Day Sale ends on Monday on Memorial Day, and if not, how long will the sale last?
I think the sale last about two weeks so it won't end until next week at the earliest.

By the way, welcome to the forum.:)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessicalen