What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Excellent! Hopefully the following unreleased Paramount noirs will follow in 'I Walk Alone's' footsteps!
- Among the Living (1941)
- Calcutta (1947)
- Chicago Deadline (1949)
- Hell's Island (1955)
- Manhandled (1949)
- Street of Chance (1942)

Any chance, possibility, or hint?

I'm guessing I Walk Alone was released just over the line sufficient to fall into ongoing Paramount ownership. Remember, Paramount sold its (give-or-take) pre-1948 sound-pictures library to Universal. Among the Living -- which I'd desperately love to see on DVD along with other essentially lost classic Paramount horror-noirs The Mad Doctor (1940) and The Man in Half Moon Street (1944) -- is presumably in the Universal library.... and we've heard nary a peep from Universal about its status....

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
classic Steve McQueen Natalie Wood film

Love with the Proper Stranger

is currently on sale as a LIGHTNING deal on Amazon for approx the next 3 Hours (or if stock sells out first)

$13.33 ** Deal Is now Expired **

It features a fabulous commentary track from film historians Samm Deighan and Kat Ellinger.

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I'm guessing I Walk Alone was released just over the line sufficient to fall into ongoing Paramount ownership. Remember, Paramount sold its (give-or-take) pre-1948 sound-pictures library to Universal. Among the Living -- which I'd desperately love to see on DVD along with other essentially lost classic Paramount horror-noirs The Mad Doctor (1940) and The Man in Half Moon Street (1944) -- is presumably in the Universal library.... and we've heard nary a peep from Universal about its status....

Universal controls the rights to most of 1930 to 1949 titles. I Walk Alone was a Hal B. Wallis production which was not part of the Paramount/Universal deal, just like Sorry, Wrong Number (1948) and Rope of Sand (1949) and others.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Universal controls the rights to most of 1930 to 1949 titles. I Walk Alone was a Hal B. Wallis production which was not part of the Paramount/Universal deal, just like Sorry, Wrong Number (1948) and Rope of Sand (1949) and others.

Thanks for the clarification.

Would that there could be a Kino-Universal deal that could access us to those many never-before-released-on-homevid '30s-'50s Universal and pre-'49 Paramount "B's."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Edited: Please, please consider the other two title (Sorry, Wrong Number) for Blu-ray release.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Remember, Paramount sold its (give-or-take) pre-1948 sound-pictures library to Universal. .

Movie studios in the 1950's didn't sell their films to other studios except for some remakes where the rights to remake the film included the original film. Paramount sold its pre 1948 films to MCA in February 1958. In the early 1960's MCA purchased Universal-International and added the Paramount films it owned to the Universal library of films it had just purchased. Warner Bros. sold its pre 1949 films to Associated Artist Productions (AAP) . AAP was purchased by United Artists . The films eventually ended back at Warner Bros.

Last edited:

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
What about Desert Fury 1947 ? I know it is Hal B. Wallis production, but I'm not sure who owns it. Never been on Bluray

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What about Desert Fury 1947 ? I know it is Hal B. Wallis production, but I'm not sure who owns it. Never been on Bluray
It's never been on DVD from what I can recall. Its one of those missing classic films that keeps my film collection from being whole. Also, it's not available to stream anywhere iTunes, Vudu or Prime.

Last edited:

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Did anyone else experience processing errors on their Kino orders in the last couple days?

I got an email saying my payment for The Outer Limits Season 1 Blu--ray was declined, and I was told to re-order, and the new order shipped. And the very next day they charged my original order and shipped another copy. Customer service said they had processing errors. Now I have to ship one back for a refund. And they TOLD me I had to re-order. Sigh.

This is what I get for changing my order from Amazon because I thought I would get it sooner from Kino (which might be true, it's already shipped, but TWICE).

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Movie studos in the 1950's didn't sell their films to other studios except for some remakes where the rights to remake the film included the original film. Paramount sold its pre 1948 films to MCA in February 1958. In the early 1960's MCA purchased Universal-International and added the Paramount films it owned to the Universal library of films it had just purchased. Warner Bros. sold its pre 1949 to Associated Artist Productions (AAP) . AAP was purchased by United Artists . The films eventually ended back at Warner Bros.

My bad. Sloppy of me...

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Did anyone else experience processing errors on their Kino orders in the last couple days?

I got an email saying my payment for The Outer Limits Season 1 Blu--ray was declined, and I was told to re-order, and the new order shipped. And the very next day they charged my original order and shipped another copy. Customer service said they had processing errors. Now I have to ship one back for a refund. And they TOLD me I had to re-order. Sigh.

This is what I get for changing my order from Amazon because I thought I would get it sooner from Kino (which might be true, it's already shipped, but TWICE).

Me too! Exact same situation. Kino support said they would credit my card and send me a return label.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• mop

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks