What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (5 Viewers)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The Last Valley had stereo tracks as the Rivoli Theater in NYC in 1971 showed it that way. To me it will be a disappointment If the 35mm prints used by Kino did not have at least 2.0 stereo tracks. The Last Valley a 70 mm production and it certainly was one of the last ToddAO films if not the last.

A few years ago TCM (UK) showed The Last Valley, the picture wasn't up to much (it might even have been 4x3, I can't remember), but the sound was stereo.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Sure wish you guys could release a decent-looking Blu-ray of AND THEN THERE WERE NONE (1945), which was based on the same Christie book. The one I have is terrible.

Public domain title, I believe. Originally released by 20th Century-Fox.

Wade Williams has the chain of title and hold all the original film elements. Don't hold your breath.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 30th!

WILD PALMS (1993 TV Mini-Series)
• Brand New HD Masters
• NEW Audio Commentary by Star James Belushi & Executive Producer/Writer/Creator Bruce Wagner (Pilot Episode: Everything Must Go)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Star Dana Delany & Executive Producer/Writer/Creator Bruce Wagner (Episode: Rising Sons)
• 2 NEW Audio Commentaries by Director Keith Gordon (Episodes: The Floating World and Hungry Ghosts)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Phil Joanou (Episode: Hello, I Must Be Going)
• Optional English Subtitles
• Two Dual-Layered BD50 Discs
• Trailers

Color 286 Minutes 1.33:1 Not Rated
From executive producer Oliver Stone (Blue Steel, Freeway) comes this sexy and surreal five-part mini-series based in a neo-noir Los Angeles of the future. Harry Wyckoff (James Belushi, Retroactive, Real Men) is about to become a player in a dark and terrifying battle where everything is at stake and no one is who they seem. Directed by Kathryn Bigelow (Strange Days), Keith Gordon (A Midnight Clear), Peter Hewitt (Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey) and Phil Joanou (State of Grace), Wild Palms is a haunting sci-fi saga of greed, treason and virtual reality. Beautifully shot by Phedon Papamichael (Ford v Ferrari), with a rousing score by Ryuichi Sakamoto (The Revenant) and an all-star cast that includes Dana Delany (Exit to Eden), Robert Loggia (Lost Highway), Kim Cattrall (Unforgettable), Angie Dickinson (Dressed to Kill), Ernie Hudson (The Crow), Bebe Neuwirth (Malice), Nick Mancuso (Rapid Fire), David Warner (Morgan!), Ben Savage (TV’s Boy Meets World), Bob Gunton (The Shawshank Redemption), Robert Morse (The Loved One), Brad Dourif (Hidden Agenda), Charles Rocket (Miracles) and Charles Hallahan (The Thing).

738329245382.jpg

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
A few years ago TCM (UK) showed The Last Valley, the picture wasn't up to much (it might even have been 4x3, I can't remember), but the sound was stereo.
thanks that good news about the stereo track I have a UK dvd that is 4.3 mono.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The 1989 Ten Little Indians is a bit of a trainwreck. Love the book and story enough to eventually get this new Bluray with a sale. I also would love to see a restoration of the 1945 And Then There Were None.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Gotcha! (1985) Starring Linda Fiorentino, Anthony Edwards & Alex Rocco - Shot by King Baggot (The Last Star Fighter, Fast-Walking) - Music by Bill Conti (Rocky, F/X) - Screenplay by Dan Gordon (Passenger 57, The Hurricane) - Directed by Jeff Kanew (Tough Guys, V.I. Warshawski, Revenge of the Nerds).

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

Coming Soon!

Gotcha! (1985) Starring Linda Fiorentino, Anthony Edwards & Alex Rocco - Shot by King Baggot (The Last Star Fighter, Fast-Walking) - Music by Bill Conti (Rocky, F/X) - Screenplay by Dan Gordon (Passenger 57, The Hurricane) - Directed by Jeff Kanew (Tough Guys, V.I. Warshawski, Revenge of the Nerds).

I loved this movie. Edwards was so smart he grew up to be a doctor.

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
Viktor und Viktoria is a charming film, but do not expect any gay subtext here (not kosher in Nazi Germany). That was added by Blake Edwards.
I'm looking forward to Paracelsus.
I wish Isadora had been available in a longer cut.
Let's be grateful for what we do get.
Strictly speaking Schünzel’s film is Weimar/pre-Nazi. The simple presence of Anton Walbrook adds some gay frisson to the proceedings, but I agree it’s not centrally gay/queer oriented. It is however charming. Schünzel’s best film as director is probably Amphitryon from 1935. The Nazis had managed to keep Schünzel at UFA up to this his last film in Germany. He fled virtually the day after it was finished. He was Jewish and along with Sirk whose wife was Jewish he was among the very last Jewish film artists to get out of Germany. Amphitryon has Willy Fritsch in Page boy drag and is, if not gay themed, extremely camp. Filmmuseum has released a restored BluRay of it. No subs, but there are fansubs Around the joint.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While I'd prefer the impossible happening (i.e., 'And Then There Were None' getting a proper restoration), I wouldn't mind seeing the mid 1960's remake with Fabian getting a release.

Not sure if that's on Kino's radar or if it's even a film owned by one of the companies they have active deals with.

Edit: Should've checked my DVD before posting. I see it was from Warner, so that squashes that.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill

Coming Soon!

Nice. Enjoyable film. Conti's complete score is newly available on CD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Soldier Blue (1970) Starring Candice Bergen, Peter Strauss & Donald Pleasence – Shot by Robert B. Hauser (A Man Called Horse) – Music by Roy Budd (Get Carter) – Screenplay by John Gay (No Way to Treat a Lady) – Based on a Novel by Theodore V. Olsen (The Stalking Moon) – Directed by Ralph Nelson (Duel at Diablo, The Wilby Conspiracy).

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Would love to have Away All Boats with Jeff Chandler part of the Universal deal. I don’t think it’s ever had a legit release. Love the weekend release announcements.

Away All Boats did have a legit DVD release. Good Times home video released it in 1999 under license from Universal. Alas, it was P&S rather than in its wide screen ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks