What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Facebook Announcement:

Coming June 16th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Isadora (1968)
• Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Allan Arkush and Filmmaker/Historian Daniel Kremer
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

From Karel Reisz, the legendary director of Night Must Fall, Morgan: A Suitable Case for Treatment, Who’ll Stop the Rain and The French Lieutenant’s Woman this biography of 1920s ballet dancer Isadora Duncan, starring screen great Vanessa Redgrave (Mary, Queen of Scots, Julia). Dedicating herself to the pursuit of art and beauty at the age of 12, this engrossing story follows Isadora (Redgrave) through years of triumph and tragedy including her shocking love affairs, taboo-breaking performance and scandalous public behavior. Co-starring Jason Robards (A Thousand Clowns) and James Fox (Performance) and featuring a rousing and haunting score by the great Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago), Isadora offers a fascinating look at ne of history’s most beautiful and talented women who became known as the high priestess of modern dance. Isadora was nominated for the 1969 Actress in a Leading Role (Redgrave) Oscar.

Facebook Announcement:

Coming June 16th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Isadora (1968)
• Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Allan Arkush and Filmmaker/Historian Daniel Kremer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

From Karel Reisz, the legendary director of Night Must Fall, Morgan: A Suitable Case for Treatment, Who’ll Stop the Rain and The French Lieutenant’s Woman this biography of 1920s ballet dancer Isadora Duncan, starring screen great Vanessa Redgrave (Mary, Queen of Scots, Julia). Dedicating herself to the pursuit of art and beauty at the age of 12, this engrossing story follows Isadora (Redgrave) through years of triumph and tragedy including her shocking love affairs, taboo-breaking performance and scandalous public behavior. Co-starring Jason Robards (A Thousand Clowns) and James Fox (Performance) and featuring a rousing and haunting score by the great Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago), Isadora offers a fascinating look at ne of history’s most beautiful and talented women who became known as the high priestess of modern dance. Isadora was nominated for the 1969 Actress in a Leading Role (Redgrave) Oscar.

OMG!!!!!! Another one of my Holy Grails!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I know that when I saw Isadora first run in Puerto Rico, it was titled "Isadora," not "The Loves of Isadora," which is, I believe the U.S, title for the cut version. It was a long picture, and since we always received the international cuts, it's probably safe to assume that I saw the longer cut. It was fabulous, and Redgrave was simply amazing. I haven't seen it since; therefore, I've never seen a cut print of the film.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 9th!

Kiss the Blood off My Hands (1948)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Jeremy Arnold
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

Screen legends Joan Fontaine (Rebecca, Suspicion, The Bigamist) and Burt Lancaster (Desert Fury, I Walk Alone, The Train) star in Kiss the Blood off My Hands, a classic film noir about fate and love amongst the most unlikely individuals. Former POW Bill Saunders (Lancaster), now living in England, is scarred with unstable and violent tendencies. After killing a man in a bar fight, he flees the scene and manages to find cover in the home of Nurse Jane Wharton (Fontaine), who agrees to take him in and believes his story that the killing was an accident. Now in love, Nurse Wharton tries to secure Saunders a job delivering medical supplies when he’s released from prison after serving time for fighting with a police officer. Things take a turn, however, when a racketeer (Robert Newton, Odd Man Out) who witnessed Saunders’ murder threatens to turn him into the police unless he agrees to assist in a crime. Beautifully shot in glorious black-and-white by the great Russell Metty (Touch of Evil, The Lady Gambles) and stylishly directed by Norman Foster (Journey into Fear, Woman on the Run).

738329244927.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Coming June 9th!

Kiss the Blood off My Hands (1948)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Jeremy Arnold
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

Screen legends Joan Fontaine (Rebecca, Suspicion, The Bigamist) and Burt Lancaster (Desert Fury, I Walk Alone, The Train) star in Kiss the Blood off My Hands, a classic film noir about fate and love amongst the most unlikely individuals. Former POW Bill Saunders (Lancaster), now living in England, is scarred with unstable and violent tendencies. After killing a man in a bar fight, he flees the scene and manages to find cover in the home of Nurse Jane Wharton (Fontaine), who agrees to take him in and believes his story that the killing was an accident. Now in love, Nurse Wharton tries to secure Saunders a job delivering medical supplies when he’s released from prison after serving time for fighting with a police officer. Things take a turn, however, when a racketeer (Robert Newton, Odd Man Out) who witnessed Saunders’ murder threatens to turn him into the police unless he agrees to assist in a crime. Beautifully shot in glorious black-and-white by the great Russell Metty (Touch of Evil, The Lady Gambles) and stylishly directed by Norman Foster (Journey into Fear, Woman on the Run).

View attachment 70541
Glad to see this getting a new master which should be an improvement over the 2016 DVD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Facebook Announcement:

Coming June 23rd on DVD and Blu-ray!

Caravans (1978)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Evgueni Mlodik
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 127 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
From James Fargo, the director of The Enforcer, Every Which Way but Loose, Game for Vultures and Forced Vengeance, comes this epic action-adventure starring screen legend Anthony Quinn (Across 110th Street, The Guns of Navarone). Set in the fictional Middle Eastern country of Zadestan in 1948, Caravans tells the story of young diplomat Mark Miller (Michael Sarrazin, They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?), who is ordered by Ambassador Crandall (Joseph Cotten, Portrait of Jennie) and the U.S. Embassy’s CIA liaison man Richardson (Barry Sullivan, Planet of the Vampires) to find the missing daughter, Ellen Jasper (Jennifer O’Neill, The Reincarnation of Peter Proud), of an influential U.S. senator. Once he locates her, he must convince her to leave the revolutionary Zulffiqar’s (Quinn) nomadic tribe. An alliance forms between Mark and Zulffiqar, yet dangerous secrets unfold as Mark discovers that the tribe leader is actually the head of a gun-running caravan. Mark and Ellen are caught in a web of murder and intrigue as they try to escape. Screen great Christopher Lee (Arabian Adventure) heads a strong supporting cast that includes Jeremy Kemp (Sudden Terror) and Iranian cinema legend Behrouz Vossoughi (The Invincible Six).

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray June 2nd from Kino Lorber!

Two films from the brilliant young Russian director Kantemir Balagov!

Beanpole (2019)

"Dazzling" - The New York Times

In post-WWII Leningrad, two women, Iya and Masha (astonishing newcomers Viktoria Miroshnichenko and Vasilisa Perelygina), intensely bonded after fighting side by side as anti-aircraft gunners, attempt to readjust to a haunted world. As the film begins, Iya, long and slender and towering over everyone—hence the film’s title—works as a nurse in a shell-shocked hospital, presiding over traumatized soldiers. A shocking accident brings them closer and also seals their fates. The 28-year-old Russian director Kantemir Balagov won Un Certain Regard’s Best Director prize at the Cannes Film Festival for this richly burnished, occasionally harrowing rendering of the persistent scars of war

Special features:
*New interview with director Kantemir Balagov
*Trailers

Tesnota (2017)

Tesnota (aka Closeness) is the incendiary debut feature from Kantemir Balagov (Beanpole).

1998, Nalchik, the North Caucasus, Russia. 24-year-old Ilana works in her father’s garage to help him make ends meet. One evening, her extended family and friends gather to celebrate the engagement of her younger brother David. Later that night, the young couple is kidnapped, and a ransom demand delivered. In this close-knit Jewish enclave, involving the police is out of the question. How will the family raise the money to save David? Ilana and her parents, each in their own way, will go as far as necessary, whatever the risks to themselves.

Beanpole_BR.jpg
Tesnota_BR.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 16 from Scorpion Releasing!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea (1976)
• Brand New 2019 HD Scan of the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Interview with Star Sarah Miles
• NEW Interview with Writer/Director Lewis John Carlino
• NEW Interviews with Crew Members Anthony Wayne, Robin Vidgeon, Graham Attwood and Hugh Harlow
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Reversible Art
• Trailers

Obsession and fate collide in one of the most controversial, provocative films ever made. The arrival of rugged American sailor Jim (Kris Kristofferson, Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, Vigilante Force) brings joy and sensual fulfillment to English widow Anne Osborne (Sarah Miles, Ryan’s Daughter, Steaming), but her young son is disturbed by this new intruder and joins in with a perverse group of fellow students. With its disturbing ending and frank love scenes, this stylish adaptation of the novel by legendary writer Yukio Mishima has become a timeless classic. Screenplay and direction by Lewis John Carlino (The Great Santini), cinematography by Douglas Slocombe (Raiders of the Lost Ark) and music score by Johnny Mandel (M*A*S*H).

SailorFell_BD_01.jpg

SailorFell_BD_02.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in July!

Never Give a Sucker an Even Break (1941) Starring W.C. Fields, Gloria Jean, Leon Errol & Margaret Dumont - Shot by Charles Van Enger (Night Monster) - Music by Frank Skinner (Harvey) - Screenplay by John T. Neville (The Devil Bat) and Prescott Chaplin (Flame of Barbary Coast) - Original Story by W.C. Fields - Directed by Edward F. Cline (The Bank Dick).

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break is priceless. I especially love the surrealism of it all.

I'll take this opportunity to butter up the KL folks with some much-deserved appreciation. To help me thru my quarantine I just popped in KL's excellent release of the once-thought-lost Deluge (1933) and I have other KL discs on my quarantine playlist. And it reminded me of just how much product KL has delivered over the years, including so many rarities with which major-studio homevid units would not bother -- not the least of which your wonderful 3D releases in league with the good folks at 3DFA.

So, KL Insider, please convey to Richard Lorber and Frank Tarzi (if you are not they ;)) my sincere and profound "thanks" for all they and you do:wave-hello:.

And here's to many more rarities and especially 3D titles! :3dglasses:

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell

Coming in July!

Never Give a Sucker an Even Break (1941) Starring W.C. Fields, Gloria Jean, Leon Errol & Margaret Dumont - Shot by Charles Van Enger (Night Monster) - Music by Frank Skinner (Harvey) - Screenplay by John T. Neville (The Devil Bat) and Prescott Chaplin (Flame of Barbary Coast) - Original Story by W.C. Fields - Directed by Edward F. Cline (The Bank Dick).

Wow! Did not see that one coming. Obviously, I was wrong when I thought their W. C. Fields comedy would be The Big Broadcast Of 1938. Then again, that one may be coming from Criterion (although, if so, I hope they're planning to put it in a Big Broadcast box set with the others films in that series instead of a W. C. Fields set).

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so many great ones left to go, maybe one day, It's a Gift will show up, if they can work some more magic with Universal

and i have to agree with Tom, i have a lot of gems to view during this self imposed stay at home thanks to Kino, and add the 3D archive titles, just makes it better

[email protected]

Supporting Actor

Coming in July!

SOLD!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks