Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3)

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
JP
Just heard about INTERNES CAN’T TAKE MONEY. For those of you who don’t know, aside that this is a pre-50 Paramount film owned by Universal Television, this is the first in the long-running Dr. Kildare film series. Odd neither Warner Archive or Shout Select could not make a licensing deal with NBCUniversal for its inclusion in a possible Kildare movie set. As you all know, the remaining Kildare films were made by MGM, and thus are owned by Turner/WB.

Reactions: timk1041

Thomas T

Producer
Reaction score
What stores? There aren't any real video stores anymore. Most of our films are available at Barnes and Noble stores and a couple of other smaller chains, but rarely at the big box stores.
Amoeba records in Hollywood (California) carries all the Kino Lorber titles.

davidmatychuk

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
David Matychuk
What stores? There aren't any real video stores anymore. Most of our films are available at Barnes and Noble stores and a couple of other smaller chains, but rarely at the big box stores.
Every Kino Lorber Blu-Ray or DVD in my collection, and there are a lot of them, was bought at Videomatica in Vancouver, a real video store. Retail only, no rentals.

timk1041

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Timothy
Coming May 19th on Blu-ray!

Alice in Wonderland (1933)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Lee Gambin
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

View attachment 68882
I have the DVD, but I'll bet this will look even better on Blu-ray. Great addition from Kino.

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt Hough
Very thrilled about Alice in Wonderland. Yep, I have that DVD, too, but I'll happily exchange for the Blu-ray. I first saw this as a kid broadcast on some UHF channel that had gotten a syndicated package of 1930s Paramount films, and it got played a lot. Despite all of the pantomime costumes and strangeness (I hadn't read Lewis Carroll's books at that point), I was mesmerized by the movie.

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
JP
Coming May 26th on Blu-ray!

All Night Long (1981)
• NEW Interview with Screenwriter W.D. Richter
• 2 Radio Spots
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

View attachment 68941
Darn. I guess right now you don’t have access to LEGEND (1985), unless it is either with Disney/20th or is leased out to another label.

Dick

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Rick
Darn. I guess right now you don’t have access to LEGEND (1985), unless it is either with Disney/20th or is leased out to another label.
Why LEGEND? It already has a perfectly good special edition Blu directly from Universal -- or is that OOP?

Reactions: Jimbo64

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt Hough
Re All Night Long: wasn't Barbra a last minute replacement (for whom? Raquel Welch? Debra Winger? Faye Dunaway? I've forgotten after all these years). It is a different kind of role for her, so that makes it interesting. She hadn't had second billing in a film ever until this one.

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Justin Ray
Re All Night Long: wasn't Barbra a last minute replacement (for whom? Raquel Welch? Debra Winger? Faye Dunaway? I've forgotten after all these years). It is a different kind of role for her, so that makes it interesting. She hadn't had second billing in a film ever until this one.
I believe Lisa Eichhorn, already cast and a few weeks into shooting, received the boot when Streisand's manager (married to the film's director) recommended replacing Eichhorn with Streisand.

Last edited:

Ken Koc

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ken Koc
With THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT coming in HD to iTunes next tuesday and now ALL NIGHT LONG on blu ray, all of Streisand's films will be available on blu ray or streaming.

Reactions: Darby67

timk1041

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Timothy
Very thrilled about Alice in Wonderland. Yep, I have that DVD, too, but I'll happily exchange for the Blu-ray. I first saw this as a kid broadcast on some UHF channel that had gotten a syndicated package of 1930s Paramount films, and it got played a lot. Despite all of the pantomime costumes and strangeness (I hadn't read Lewis Carroll's books at that point), I was mesmerized by the movie.
I don't know if AMC or TCM ever aired this, but I remember seeing it years ago back in the 1970s on a Saturday morning on CBLT, the Toronto affiliate for CBC. This was back when they had dozens of 1930s and 40s films on.

timk1041

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Timothy
Great news on Alice In Wonderland. I do know people have inquired about Skippy, however I am wondering if anyone knows the status of Tom Sawyer(1930) and Huckleberry Finn(1931). I am thinking Universal still holds the rights for these two rarely seen titles from Paramount. I would enjoy seeing a commercial release of both even if it's just DVD and not Blu Ray. Does anyone have any information on these? Thanks.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Gary
I don't know if AMC or TCM ever aired this, but I remember seeing it years ago back in the 1970s on a Saturday morning on CBLT, the Toronto affiliate for CBC. This was back when they had dozens of 1930s and 40s films on.
TCM has aired it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandeepumtneha