Kino Lorber Insider (Read Guidelines Post #3)

JamesSmith

Screenwriter
Reaction score
I would love to see the 1968 Universal comedy film, Did you Hear the One About the Traveling Saleslady get a blu ray release. It has never been released on either VHS or DVD. What better cast can you put together for a zany comedy than Phyllis Diller, Bob Denver, Joe Flynn, Jeanette Nolan, Charles Lane, Bob Hastings, Paul Reed, and David Hartman with music by Vic Mizzy? If you like the Don Knotts comedy releases of this era, you'll love this delightful film. Please consider putting it out, Kino!
I'm hoping for more sixties Universal comedies to come out like, "What's So Bad About Feeling Good?" and "The Perils of Pauline," The first being a vastly underrated satire. Can't understand why it never came out on VHS, DVD, etc. "The Perils of Pauline" starred Pat Boone.

Loved the late sixties Universal comedies. They were light, they were stupid, they were entertaining

--jthree

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Hollywoodland (2006) Starring Adrien Brody, Ben Affleck, Diane Lane, Bob Hoskins & Robin Tunney - Shot by Jonathan Freeman (Game of Thrones) - Screenplay by Paul Bernbaum (Next) - Directed by Allen Coulter (Remember Me).

Ken Koc

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ken Koc
I'm hoping for more sixties Universal comedies to come out like, "What's So Bad About Feeling Good?" and "The Perils of Pauline," The first being a vastly underrated satire. Can't understand why it never came out on VHS, DVD, etc. "The Perils of Pauline" starred Pat Boone.

Loved the late sixties Universal comedies. They were light, they were stupid, they were entertaining

--jthree
Tarantino is a fan of "What's So Bad About Feeling Good?"

Reactions: JamesSmith

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
I think KL has already disclosed that this isn't part of their package. As for it surfacing eventually, I wouldn't hold my breath... :(
Im not 100% sure, but that might have been true for the first deal. Among the Living is an unreleased Noir from Paramount, that's why I felt like maybe they do have it. Im not holding my breath but who knows. They have not confirmed or denied any titles in this deal.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Frank
I haven't seen Art of Love in quite some time . But i remember liking it. I have it on dvd-r from an old vhs tape that i recorded. Now i will gladly throw that out. Anything with DVD and James Garner,Elke Sommer and Angie Dickinson is worth watching to me. :)

timk1041

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Timothy

--jthree
Agree. I am still hoping someone releases I'd Rather Be Rich, Fluffy, The Lively Set, Love & Kisses, Wild Wild Winter and a couple other Universal titles from that time period.

Last edited:

Camps

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom
Im not 100% sure, but that might have been true for the first deal. Among the Living is an unreleased Noir from Paramount, that's why I felt like maybe they do have it. Im not holding my breath but who knows. They have not confirmed or denied any titles in this deal.
Trust me, I would love to be wrong here, David.... but I'm afraid we'll never see a blu ray of this, nor of the other '40s Paramount mystery-horrors The Mad Doctor and Man in Half Moon Street; I've been pining for some kind of homevid release on these titles for years on all the chat boards.

Prove me wrong, Universal.....

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
JP
If LEGEND is indeed the 80s title that is waiting to be announced, and since it is an Arnon Milchan/Regency production, would it still be with Universal, or would it now be with 20th/Disney (since they acquired a number of Regency titles)...and you do have an ongoing deal with Disney with its B-list titles (ABC, Selznick, etc.)

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Murder by Decree (1979) Starring Christopher Plummer as Sherlock Holmes, James Mason as Dr. John H. Watson, David Hemmings, Donald Sutherland, Susan Clark, Geneviève Bujold, Anthony Quayle, John Gielgud & Frank Finlay - Shot by Reginald H. Morris (Phobia, Shadow of the Hawk) - Directed by Bob Clark (Black Christmas, A Christmas Story).

A pleasant surprise!

Dick

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Rick

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Murder by Decree (1979) Starring Christopher Plummer as Sherlock Holmes, James Mason as Dr. John H. Watson, David Hemmings, Donald Sutherland, Susan Clark, Geneviève Bujold, Anthony Quayle, John Gielgud & Frank Finlay - Shot by Reginald H. Morris (Phobia, Shadow of the Hawk) - Directed by Bob Clark (Black Christmas, A Christmas Story).

A pleasant surprise!
Oh, my f**king word! This has been near the top of my wish list for years, being the last of the major Holmes movies not to get a Blu release. I am ecstatic. So, see, Kino? I am often pleased by your announcements! :cheers:

CinemaCynic

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

A pleasant surprise!
Delighted that they finally got to it! Highly recommended even to the most casual of Sherlock Holmes fans!

Reactions: DavidJ and Darby67

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanchibrneha