What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (12 Viewers)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Just wanted to add my kudos for the magnificent The Covered Wagon release. I've enjoyed this film for decades having seen it in revival screenings three times over the years. In each of these the vista shots of the huge wagon train were rather soft as compared with the rest of film. What a surprise to see the sharpness and clarity of these same shots in this Kino presentation. How did they do it? Anyway, can't wait for the Old Ironsides BD as I've become a rather big James Cruze fan. I've never seen this and, as I love Charles Farrell's work, am really excited about it. Had several silent film neophytes over and they were enthralled with The Covered Wagon. Wonderful job, Kino!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming in May - First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
The uncut 101 minute version!

Seven (1979) Starring William Smith, Barbara Leigh, Susan Kiger, Martin Kove, Ed Metrano, Ed Parker and Terry Kiser - Co-written, Produced and Directed by Andy Sidaris (Malibu Express, Stacey)

A cartel of seven crime bosses unionize and plan to take over the state of Hawaii. Government intelligence agent Drew Sevano (William Smith, Any Which Way You Can) is hired to “handle” the situation however he sees fit. Drew enlists seven old friends to help, creating Sevano’s Seven – the Playmate (Susan Kiger, H.O.T.S.), the Black-Belt (Ed Parker, Revenge of the Pink Panther), the Dragster (Christopher Joy, Big Time), the Cowboy (Guich Koock, North Dallas Forty), the Comic (Art Metrano, Police Academy 2), the Professor (Richard LePore, Stacey!) and the Indian (Barbara Leigh, Junior Bonner). Sevano’s Seven – death is their way of life! This cult classic was co-written, co-produced and directed by Andy Sidaris (Malibu Express, Hard Ticket to Hawaii) and co-starred Martin Kove (Steele Justice) and Terry Kiser (Weekend at Bernie’s).

Theatrical Trailer

SEVEN 1979 (1).JPG

Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Oh, I hope you release Sidaris' HARD TICKET TO HAWAII too!
Not that it's a good movie, but it's one I've seen in my teens so I'd like to own it for nostalgia's sake! :D

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
WOW!!! Cannot wait for SEVEN to be released. One of the last films I saw at the local drive-in. A must for William Smith fans and it features the "Shooting the Swordsman" gag later used in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

Thanks to the Kino group!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray May 1st from Kino Classics!

THE HALF-BREED (1916)
Starring Douglas Fairbanks
Directed by Allan Dwan

Also includes bonus feature THE GOOD BAD MAN (1916)
Starring Douglas Fairbanks
Directed by Allan Dwan

Special Features:
*THE GOOD BAD MAN (1916, 50 minutes)
*Amazing Tales from the Archives: Restoring THE HALF-BREED
*Audio Commentaries for THE HALF-BREED and THE GOOD BAD MAN by Tracey Goessel and Robert Byrne
*Music composed and performed by Donald Sosin
*Photo Gallery
*Reversible Art

(THE HALF-BREED cover illustration by Rae Swon)
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.41.48 AM.png

Reverse cover:
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.42.02 AM.png

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Oh, I hope you release Sidaris' HARD TICKET TO HAWAII too!
Not that it's a good movie, but it's one I've seen in my teens so I'd like to own it for nostalgia's sake! :D

That would be a great addition. I still remember that guy riding the skateboard with the blow up doll. One of the most random and hilarious scenes of any movie.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Kino is doing a pretty splendid job getting these silent films out. I keep hoping they'll finally tackle BROKEN BLOSSOMS, which they put out on DVD but seem to be avoiding upgrading. Could this be because of its racial aspects?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray! And in Scope!
Brand New HD Master from 4K Scan of the Original 35mm Trucolor Negative by Paramount Picture Archives!

Lisbon (1956) Starring Ray Milland, Maureen O'Hara, Claude Rains, Yvonne Furneaux and Francis Lederer - Shot by Jack A. Marta (The Last Command, Batman: The Movie) - Music by Nelson Riddle (What a Way to Go!, Lolita) - Produced and Directed by Ray Milland (A Man Alone, Panic in Year Zero!)

lisbon_24e27873.jpg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Coming Soon!
Brand New HD Master from 4K Scan of the Original 35mm Trucolor Negative by Paramount Picture Archives!

Lisbon (1956) Starring Ray Milland, Maureen O'Hara, Claude Rains, Yvonne Furneaux and Francis Lederer - Shot by Jack A. Marta (The Last Command, Batman: The Movie) - Music by Nelson Riddle (What a Way to Go!, Lolita) - Produced and Directed by Ray Milland (A Man Alone, Panic in Year Zero!)

View attachment 44600

YES!!! I'm so looking forward to this one! Maureen O'Hara in Trucolor! I was hoping and it can't get here soon enoough!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Coming Soon!

View attachment 44600

Essential viewing for all Claude Rains completists.

I have to say I'm bewildered that Paramount Picture Archives give fairly minor films like this a 4K scan but ignore so many Paramount Vista Vision movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks