What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (18 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 12th!

BARBARA STANWYCK COLLECTION
Internes Can't Take Money (1937)
Audio Commentary by Film Historian Dr. Eloise Ross
Optional English Subtitles
Theatrical Trailer
The Great Man's Lady (1942)
Theatrical Trailer
The Bride Wore Boots (1946)
Theatrical Trailer

Stanwyck.jpg

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I revile this awful film. Hard to believe it comes from the same Paul Bartel who directed and starred in EATING RAOUL. Sorry. :(
Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills (1989) Theatrical Trailer

Starring Jacqueline Bisset, Ray Sharkey, Mary Woronov, Robert Beltran, Ed Begley Jr., Wallace Shawn, Paul Bartel, Paul Mazursky, Rebecca Schaeffer & Michael Feinstein - Directed by Paul Bartel (Eating Raoul)

I knew Paul very well during the making of "Class Struggle" He showed me a first rough cut of the film. I found it to be a lot of fun.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I'll be interested to learn how much better the three titles listed for the Stanwyck Collection are in
Blu-Ray. They're three of the six titles in the Backlot Universal Series Stanwyck Collection, so there'd
have to be some pretty spectacular changes made to re-purchase. I say this only as a collector with
limited funds. And with this astonishing array of titles already announced, there'll have to be some
picking and choosing done. Not that I'm complaining. The choices here are phenomenal!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'll be interested to learn how much better the three titles listed for the Stanwyck Collection are in
Blu-Ray. They're three of the six titles in the Backlot Universal Series Stanwyck Collection, so there'd
have to be some pretty spectacular changes made to re-purchase. I say this only as a collector with
limited funds. And with this astonishing array of titles already announced, there'll have to be some
picking and choosing done. Not that I'm complaining. The choices here are phenomenal!
Same with me. I already have the 6 movie DVD set, but may consider getting this collection.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Coming May 12th!

BARBARA STANWYCK COLLECTION
Internes Can't Take Money (1937)
Theatrical Trailer
The Great Man's Lady (1942)
Theatrical Trailer
The Bride Wore Boots (1946)
Theatrical Trailer

View attachment 68781

Damn, I sure wish we could be getting THE LADY EVE in this set! But, hell the mouths of gift horses are pretty grody and smell bad, so I'll refrain from looking there.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Damn, I sure wish we could be getting THE LADY EVE in this set! But, hell the mouths of gift horses are pretty grody and smell bad, so I'll refrain from looking there.

Yesterday, you made the unnecessary SCENES FROM A CLASS STRUGGLE comment and today you're asking for a film that's with Criterion. I guess there's no pleasing some people.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday, you made the unnecessary SCENES FROM A CLASS STRUGGLE comment and today you're asking for a film that's with Criterion. I guess there's no pleasing some people.

Don't be too hard on Dick! It's the custom of many members of this forum to complain about what we're not getting as opposed to celebrating what we are. It's the nature of the beast and believe me, it's not going to stop! :( Now excuse me while go to the Glengarry Glen Ross thread and complain what a piece of junk it is and why aren't we getting The Owl And The Pussycat instead. :)

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

I spend a great deal of time complimenting you on and recommending your releases (as well as shelling out tons of money to buy them), and you've left numerous "likes" for these posts in the past. That should also take care of your "no pleasing some people" line...I am actually fairly easy to please and in general love the stuff you and other companies are releasing. On occasion I do express a negative opinion regarding a film and I do not get defensive when others --- maybe even all others --- contradict me. I agree, however, that in the context of this thread the comment was unnecessary, but then so are probably 90% of all comments on all forums everywhere. Regarding THE LADY EVE: yes, I own the Criterion DVD and knew it was with them, but with rights to this film and and that film bouncing all over the map it's hard to be sure who the current proprietors are. Hopefully this goes a little distance in smoothing out any bad feelings. :)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Don't be too hard on Dick! It's the custom of many members of this forum to complain about what we're not getting as opposed to celebrating what we are. It's the nature of the beast and believe me, it's not going to stop! :( Now excuse me while go to the Glengarry Glen Ross thread and complain what a piece of junk it is and why aren't we getting The Owl And The Pussycat instead. :)

Im not sure I agree with you remark. This thread is for Kino announcements, not to talk about what you don’t like or why not this title. I believe there is a thread for this.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
With the wonderful Song of Norway coming in April would Kino be interested in getting the rights to The Great Waltz? Another Cinerama epic from the early 70s. I am not sure who the film rights owners are however....

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I'm excited for the Stanwyck Collection!

Insider with your current Universal deal, are there more Film Noir's coming? Particularly some that were Paramount, but currently controlled by Universal. Thanks, and you guys keep me buying discs!

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I'm quite fond of it and am looking forward to the blu ray. Different strokes etc.
Paul was a friend of mine
"Owl and the Pussycat" is coming in HD to iTunes March 3rd :)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Actually, Ghost Breakers had already been confirmed from the first deal, and they have been working on a new transfer, with hopes to release that sometime this summer, the last I saw. The question now remains, what are the other Bob Hope films being included in the new deal (besides the already announced Paleface)?

Forgot about Ghost Breakers already being announced . Any release date on Ghost Breakers yet?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 12th!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA II
Thunder on the Hill (1951)
Theatrical Trailer
The Price of Fear (1956)
Theatrical Trailer
The Female Animal (1958)
Audio Commentary by Film Historian David Del Valle
Theatrical Trailer

Film Noir Set.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks