What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (8 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 28th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Morgan - A Suitable Case for Treatment (1966)
• Brand New 4K Restoration
• NEW Audio Commentary by Entertainment Journalist and Author Bryan Reesman
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Trailers

B&W 97 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
From Karel Reisz, the renowned director of Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, Night Must Fall, Isadora, The Gambler, Who’ll Stop the Rain, The French Lieutenant’s Woman and Sweet Dreams, comes this cult classic starring screen great Vanessa Redgrave (Julia, Mary, Queen of Scots) and legendary character actor David Warner (Cross of Iron, Perfect Friday) in one of his few starring roles. A gorilla-fixated artist with distinctly anarchist tendencies, Morgan (Warner) tries to regain the affections of his divorced wife Leonie (Redgrave) by variously kidnapping her, attempting to blow up her future mother-in-law and attacking her fiancé (Robert Stephens, Sherlock Holmes of Billy Wilder’s The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes). Cut with scenes from King Kong and Tarzan films, Morgan’s depiction of madness, dark humor and vintage performances made it one of the wildest, funniest and most provocative comedies of the ’60s. Nominated for two Oscars®: Best Actress in a Leading Role (Redgrave) and Best Costume Design, Black-and-White (Jocelyn Rickards).

738329245320.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

The Caper of the Golden Bulls (1967)
• Brand New 4K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Phillipa Berry
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Trailers

Color 106 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Veteran Hollywood writer/director Russell Rouse (The Thief, D.O.A., The Fastest Gun Alive, Pillow Talk, The Oscar) helmed this thrilling heist film starring Stephen Boyd (The Oscar, Ben-Hur), Yvette Mimieux (The Neptune Factor), Giovanna Ralli (The Mercenary), Walter Slezak (Lifeboat) and Clifton James (Juggernaut). Retired bank robber Peter Churchman (Boyd) is blackmailed by his former companion (Ralli) into stealing some precious jewels located in a bank in Pamplona, Spain. He and three accomplices plan the robbery during the annual “running of the bulls,” hoping the festival’s atmosphere will act as a distraction as they pull off the very risky heist. Beautiful on-location cinematography by Harold E. Stine (Chuka, M*A*S*H, The Poseidon Adventure) and a memorable score by Vic Mizzy (The Night Walker, Don’t Make Waves, TV’s The Addams Family) highlight this rollicking caper.

738329245245.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

Don't Drink the Water (1969)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger and Nathaniel Thompson
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Trailers

Color 100 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated G
A New Jersey caterer’s vacation to Europe turns into an international espionage incident in this hilarious send-up of the Cold War, based on a play by acting/writing/directing legend Woody Allen (Take the Money and Run, Bananas, Love and Death, Sleeper). When the plane carrying Walter Hollander (Jackie Gleason, Papa’s Delicate Condition, TV’s The Honeymooners), his wife (Estelle Parsons, Bonnie and Clyde) and beautiful daughter (Joan Delaney, The President’s Analyst) is hijacked to Vulgaria, all it takes is Walter snapping a few photos on his first Iron Curtain tarmac and the family is arrested for spying. After taking refuge in the American Embassy and with no hope of ever getting out, it’s up to Walter to outfox the Vulgarian army and prove he’s a lot smarter than chopped liver. Character actor greats Michael Constantine (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Richard Libertini (The In-Laws), Avery Schreiber (Scavenger Hunt) and Phil Leeds (History of the World, Part I) co-star in this uproarious comedy helmed by actor/director Howard Morris (Who’s Minding the Mint?, With Six You Get Eggroll).

738329245283.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray April 7th from Kino Lorber!

The Cold Blue
A documentary directed by Erik Nelson

The Cold Blue is a stirring tribute to the men of the Eighth Air Force, who flew deadly missions during World War II. Director Erik Nelson tracked down nine of the surviving Eighth Air Force veterans to recall the harrowing experiences they endured in the summer of 1943.

It features newly restored 4K footage and outtakes shot by director William Wyler (Oscar® winner for The Best Years of Our Lives, Ben-Hur and Mrs. Miniver) for his 1944 short documentary The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress (also included on this disc).

Special Features:
*The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress (1944, directed by William Wyler, 45 minutes)
*Audio commentary with director Erik Nelson and producer Catherine Wyler
*Into The Cold Blue: Restoration and Reinvention (22 minutes)
*The Flying Fortress Experience (2 minutes)
*Trailer
*Optional English SDH subtitles

ColdBlue_Cover_BR.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray April 7th from Kino Classics!

The Great Leap (1926)
Directed by Arnold Fanck
Starring Leni Riefenstahl

The Great Leap (Der große Sprung) is a playful romantic comedy set high atop the Dolomotes. Leni Riefenstahl plays an Italian peasant whose simple life is upended when a series of urbanites invade the slopes for a ski vacation. This bubbly comedy (featuring Riefenstahl’s usual on-screen love interest, Luis Trenker) combines slapstick laughs with stunning footage of acrobatic skiing and rock climbing, making it perhaps the most entertaining (if unconventional) entry in the cycle of German mountain films.

Special features:
*Audio commentary by film historian Samm Deighan

GREAT LEAP blueband.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

The Paleface (1948) Starring Bob Hope & Jane Russell – Shot by Ray Rennahan (Blood and Sand) – Music by Victor Young (Around the World in 80 Days) – Screenplay by Frank Tashlin (Son of Paleface) and Edmund L. Hartmann (Fancy Pants) with Additional Dialogue by Jack Rose (My Favorite Brunette) – Directed by Norman Z. McLeod (Alias Jesse James, Horse Feathers).

[email protected]

Supporting Actor

Coming Soon!

The Paleface (1948) Starring Bob Hope & Jane Russell – Shot by Ray Rennahan (Blood and Sand) – Music by Victor Young (Around the World in 80 Days) – Screenplay by Frank Tashlin (Son of Paleface) and Edmund L. Hartmann (Fancy Pants) with Additional Dialogue by Jack Rose (My Favorite Brunette) – Directed by Norman Z. McLeod (Alias Jesse James, Horse Feathers).

Woo-hoo! This will go nicely on my shelf, right next to "Son of Paleface," and "Shakiest Gun in the West."

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

Coming Soon!

Nat a bad Bob Hope film to start the new batch with. :)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

Coming Soon!

Fantastic news!!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Very happy to welcome The Paleface to Blu-ray. As I recall, I've always thought Son of Paleface was funnier, but I haven't seen the original in so long I may change my mind.

I think I reviewed “Son” (or if I didn’t, I definitely bought it then) but I’ve never seen the original - very much in on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks