What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (40 Viewers)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Titles with approved HD masters are usually the first ones, we usually wait a while before we announce titles in need of a new transfer. Also, are the extras done or not, is it a special edition with multiple extras.

Sometimes we announce a title which we think is ready, but run into unforeseen issues.

Thank you Mr. Insider!

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Christmas Holiday, along with Hers To Hold and Spring Parade have legal issues I believe. These 3 titles were never released on VHS back in the early 1990s when all the other Durbin titles owned by Universal were put out on VHS. All of those have been put out on DVD by Universal except His Butler's Sister. One other title It's A Date was acquired by MGM years ago when they remade that movie as Nancy Goes To Rio. It's A Date was released on VHS at one time by MGM/UA video and then on DVD a few years back by Warner.

And because #GodHatesMe, HIS BUTLER'S SISTER is my favorite Durbin!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Even though KL cannot confirm or deny any titles a poster elsewhere asked if they had any "specific " titles on his/her wish list and KL did respond.
Id like to do the same with whats left of my Universal Vault Collection DVDs.
Does KL happen to have any of these ?
City Streets
The Princess Comes Across
An Act of Murder
For the Defense
Man of the World
The Accused
Abandoned
The Cheat
The Secret of the Blue Room

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 21st on DVD & Blu-ray!
From Joseph Losey, the Legendary Director of The Criminal, The Servant, Accident, Eva, Figures in a Landscape, The Go-Between and Mr. Klein!

Secret Ceremony (1968)
• Brand New HD Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles
• Theatrical Trailer

738329244866.jpg

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The only copy of The Sound Barrier I have is from The World War Collection dvd set and the print used was not the best. Happy that Kino will release it on Blu-ray soon.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Even though KL cannot confirm or deny any titles a poster elsewhere asked if they had any "specific " titles on his/her wish list and KL did respond.
Id like to do the same with whats left of my Universal Vault Collection DVDs.
Does KL happen to have any of these ?
City Streets
The Princess Comes Across
An Act of Murder
For the Defense
Man of the World
The Accused
Abandoned
The Cheat
The Secret of the Blue Room

Yes, we have some of these.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Mr. Insider, may you answer if you have any of these?

- To Each his own
- Love letters
- Kitty
- Frenchman’s creek
- Lady in the dark

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Our April 28th release of Crossed Swords (1977) has been delayed. In its place, we are moving up the releases of Carol Reed's Outcast of the Islands (1952) and David Lean's The Sound Barrier (1952).

View attachment 67820

Kino Lorber Insider:

Thanks for the update on Crossed Swords; I'm really looking forward to purchasing that title when it is finally released. Ever since I played the Prince in a play version of the story in 6th grade, I have loved the various versions of The Prince and the Pauper including the 1937 film version starring Errol Flynn and the Mauch twins, Disney's three-part 1962 television version starring Sean Scully and Guy Williams (wish Disney would release this version on DVD), and others.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Hi. Any of these possible?

• Meet Danny Wilson
• Here Come the Nelsons
• Dragnet (1954) (released theatrically by Warner Bros but on dvd by Universal).

Thanks.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Thank you so much for your answer.

if possible, please consider these titles while negotiating the remaining titles for this deal. I am sure I am not alone in wanting them.

I'd be in for To Each His Own, Kitty and Frenchman's Creek! Especially To Each His Own... Dame Olivia's first Oscar winning performance and a really touching film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks