What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I assume you mean a blu ray set? Have any of her films been remastered for a possible blu ray release?

Yes, I mean blu ray. And I have no idea if any have been remastered for a blu release. Her films have been terribly neglected, imho. She deserves better.

Gary “bring on a nice boxed set of some 30’s Deanna Durbin titles, please” O. :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Another movie Im hoping for in this deal is The Web with Vincent Price. I haven't seen it but would love to!
It's a pretty good crime film in, if my memory is correct, lush black and white. Most people today would label it film noir but I avoid that most elastic term. Vincent Price hires Edmond O'Brien as a bodyguard to be the fall guy in an elaborate scheme. Ella Raines plays the female lead and she's good. If The Web came out on disc, I'd buy it immediately.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's a pretty good crime film in, if my memory is correct, lush black and white. Most people today would label it film noir but I avoid that most elastic term. Vincent Price hires Edmond O'Brien as a bodyguard to be the fall guy in an elaborate scheme. Ella Raines plays the female lead and she's good. If The Web came out on disc, I'd buy it immediately.
God, I would love that have movie on disc as it's never been released on any home video format in the States. I've never seen it, but over the years, I have read and heard good things about this film.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
God, I would love that have movie on disc as it's never been released on any home video format in the States. I've never seen it, but over the years, I have read and heard good things about this film.

Web, The.jpg

A publicity shot for The Web. I don't recall this set-up in the film.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Yes, I mean blu ray. And I have no idea if any have been remastered for a blu release. Her films have been terribly neglected, imho. She deserves better.

Gary “bring on a nice boxed set of some 30’s Deanna Durbin titles, please” O. :)
Completely agree.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 7th on Blu-ray!
From the Legendary Director of The Merry Widow, Bluebeard's Eighth Wife, Ninotchka, The Shop Around the Corner, To Be or Not to Be and Heaven Can Wait!

Angel (1937)
• Brand New 4K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Joseph McBride, author of How Did Lubitsch Do It?
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles
• Reversible Art
• Trailers

738329244811.jpg

738329244811_back.jpg

Last edited:

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I really look forward to getting ANGEL! Anything directed by Ernst Lubitsch and starring Marlene Dietrich would be a must buy but fortunately this is a very entertaining film!

Now let's hope Dietrich looks better in this than she did in the jagged last third of KL's otherwise fine transfer of A Foreign Affair!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Here’s hoping for Deanna Durbin as well.

Especially the film noir CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY, which I believe has never been released in any format in the states.

We have some Deanna Durbin, CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY has never been available for one reason or another. Most likely some legal issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks