What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (8 Viewers)

FrankXS

Second Unit
Happy to hear that there's one William Powell film. If it sells well maybe more of his films can be released
I hope its one of The Canary Murder Case, The Greene Murder Case, The Benson Murder Case, For the Defense or Man of the World.
Also, KL I wanted to know if you have any monster movies or 40s noirs in the new deal
Thanks!
Could also be Mr Peabody and the Mermaid or The Senator Was Indiscreet both late 1940s Universal titles.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
So many good William Powell titles that it would be hard for me to pick one I was really hoping to see as part of this deal. Other than The Great Ziegfeld that I wasn't crazy about (And which isn't Universal, so isn't part of the deal), I love them all.

Too bad that I Love You Again and Love Crazy are MGM instead of Universal. I've never seen people talk about these, but I can't imagine that other fans of William Powell and Myrna Loy don't also love those two films like I do.

The Ex-Mrs. Bradford would be another on my long wish list as a fan of William Powell (And Jean Arthur), but I believe that's RKO. Not as up on who owns what as some are, but I imagine that it would have to be a Warner Archive release if it were to happen and isn't something Kino Lorber has access to. And like most RKO classics, what's archived probably isn't in the best of condition for it.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This week’s FB announcement (first from new Universal deal)

Coming Summer 2020!

Lonely Are the Brave (1962)
Starring Kirk Douglas, Gena Rawlands, Walter Matthau, Carroll O'Connor, William Schallert and George Kennedy - Shot by Philip H. Lathrop (They Shoot Horses, Don't They?) - Music by Jerry Goldsmith (The Omen) - Screenplay by Dalton Trumbo (Roman Holiday) - Directed by David Miller (Midnight Lace).

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This week’s FB announcement (first from new Universal deal)

Coming Summer 2020!

Lonely Are the Brave (1962)
Starring Kirk Douglas, Gena Rawlands, Walter Matthau, Carroll O'Connor, William Schallert and George Kennedy - Shot by Philip H. Lathrop (They Shoot Horses, Don't They?) - Music by Jerry Goldsmith (The Omen) - Screenplay by Dalton Trumbo (Roman Holiday) - Directed by David Miller (Midnight Lace).

Another DVD bites the dust (using Freddie Mercury's voice) :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Coming Summer 2020!

Lonely Are the Brave (1962) Starring Kirk Douglas, Gena Rawlands, Walter Matthau, Carroll O'Connor, William Schallert and George Kennedy - Shot by Philip H. Lathrop (They Shoot Horses, Don't They?) - Music by Jerry Goldsmith (The Omen) - Screenplay by Dalton Trumbo (Roman Holiday) - Directed by David Miller (Midnight Lace).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Coming Summer 2020!

Lonely Are the Brave (1962) Starring Kirk Douglas, Gena Rawlands, Walter Matthau, Carroll O'Connor, William Schallert and George Kennedy - Shot by Philip H. Lathrop (They Shoot Horses, Don't They?) - Music by Jerry Goldsmith (The Omen) - Screenplay by Dalton Trumbo (Roman Holiday) - Directed by David Miller (Midnight Lace).

Woah!

Is this film as sensational as the cast?

Richard M S

Screenwriter
KL, does the Universal deal include some debuts (as in never on DVD) as opposed to blu ray upgrades? Not asking for any specific titles.

This is such a great question. Besides Where Do We Go From Here, I'd love to see proper US blu ray releases of Alan Ladd's The Great Gatsby as well as the Deanna Durbin films Christmas Holiday and (especially) Spring Parade.

However I hold out no hope for the now-problematic Dixie, which was Bing Crosby's big starring film released between Holiday Inn and Going My Way.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Universal is still keeping the last four seasons of the Hitchcock TV series on the shelf, so I'd be thrilled if they were part of the deal (though I'm guessing not).

Mike S.
I am wondering why Season 6 of Alfred Hitchcock Presents is now hard to find. Once in a while, copies will turn up on Ebay, however the asking prices are way too high. I haven't even found it lately on Amazon. Seasons 1-5 are still around. Universal hasn't even released a Region 1 of Season 7 yet or The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. Does anyone know the status of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

• mop

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks