What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (29 Viewers)

mop

Agent
Real Name
Max
Why am I not finding GLORIFYING THE AMERICAN GIRL on Kino's website? It's still on the schedule at the beginning of this thread for 12/3, and Amazon is showing the same date, so why isn't it up for pre-order at Kino's site? Did I miss an announcement of a delay?

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Two November Sales Continues!
Over 180 Blu-rays and DVDs - $5.99 and Up!
Free USA Shipping - Orders of $50 or More!

NOIRVEMBER SALE!
https://www.klstudioclassics.com//list/view/code/noirvember-2019

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE!••
https://www.klstudioclassics.com//list/view/code/november-2019-sale

•• These titles will eventually go on moratorium and will not be restocked.

View attachment 65084

What film is that screenshot from please. I'm intrigued. Blind buy.

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 25th on Blu-ray & DVD!
Two Classics by Claude Chabrol!

THE THIRD LOVER (1962) aka L’OEIL DU MALIN
• Brand New 4K Restoration
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger
• In French w/ Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Trailers

B&W 80 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
From Claude Chabrol, the legendary director of Les Bonnes Femmes, Line of Demarcation, Les Biches, Le Boucher and L’Enfer, comes this suspenseful drama starring the great Stéphane Audran (The Twist, Babette’s Feast), Jacques Charrier (The Seven Deadly Sins, The Oldest Profession) and Walther Reyer (Tiger of Bengal, Journey to the Lost City). Albin Mercier (Charrier), a failed and disillusioned journalist, is sent to Germany to cover an event. There, he meets a successful writer (Reyer) who’s happily married to a Frenchwoman named Hélène (Audran). Bitterly jealous, yet besotted with the beautiful Hélène, he decides to ruin the couple’s lives. This cunning critique of the bourgeoisie was beautifully shot by the great Jean Rabier (Purple Noon, Elevator to the Gallows).

LINE OF DEMARCATION (1966) aka LA LIGNE DE DÉMARCATION
• Brand New 4K Restoration
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Samm Deighan
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Trailers

From Claude Chabrol, the legendary director of Les Cousins, The Third Lover, The Unfaithful Wife, Betty and La Cérémonie, comes this WWII thriller set in a small town in the Jura Mountains split in two by a border between Nazi-occupied France and the Free Zone. In 1941, Pierre (Maurice Ronet, The Fire Within, Purple Noon, The Champagne Murders), a demobilized French military officer and the Count de Damville, returns to this border village to find it occupied by the Germans. His English-born schoolteacher wife (Jean Seberg, Breathless, Lilith, Paint Your Wagon) and the town’s citizens now belong to a Resistance group helping escaped prisoners reach the Free Zone. Co-starring Stéphane Audran (Les Biches, The Twist, Babette’s Feast) and Daniel Gélin (Napoleon, La Ronde, The Man Who Knew Too Much), and beautifully shot by the great Jean Rabier (The 400 Blows, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg).

chabrol.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

MAX AND THE JUNKMEN (1971)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Samm Deighan
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 112 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
From Claude Sautet, the legendary director of Classe Tous Risques, César and Rosalie, Un Coeur en Hiver and Nelly & Monsieur Arnaud, comes this sophisticated policier starring screen greats Romy Schneider (The Trial, What’s New Pussycat?) and Michel Piccoli (Contempt, Belle de Jour). Lone-wolf detective Max (Piccoli) is obsessed with bringing criminals to justice at any cost. He devises a plan to lure a scrap thief (Bernard Fresson, La Prisonnière, French Connection II) and his gang into committing a bank robbery—so that he can catch them red-handed. His plan is complicated when he tries to save a German-born prostitute (Schneider) from the top cop in the bank’s district (François Périer, Le Samouraï, The Nights of Cabiria). Striking cinematography by René Mathelin (The Man from Acapulco, The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe) and a rousing score by Philippe Sarde (The Tenant, La Grande Bouffe) highlight this deviously compelling psychological thriller.

738329243623.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Two Classics by René Clément!

THE DEADLY TRAP (1971) aka LA MAISON SOUS LES ARBRES
• NEW Audio Commentary by Entertainment Journalist and Author Bryan Reesman
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Trailers

Color 97 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From René Clément, the acclaimed director of Forbidden Games, Purple Noon, Joy House, Rider on the Rain and And Hope to Die, comes this top-notch thriller starring Faye Dunaway (The Thomas Crown Affair, Chinatown, Network), Frank Langella (The Twelve Chairs, Dracula, Frost/Nixon), Barbara Parkins (Valley of the Dolls, The Mephisto Waltz, Shout at the Devil) and Maurice Ronet (Elevator to the Gallows, The Fire Within, Line of Demarcation). Jill and Philip (Dunaway and Langella) are an American couple who live in Paris with their two children. Their world is torn apart when the children go missing and may have been kidnapped. In a frantic struggle to recover them alive and well, the couple’s lives begin to fall apart at the seams, as Jill’s mental state deteriorates and Philip struggles to make sense of what is happening to them. Based on the bestselling novel The Children Are Goneby Arthur Cavanaugh.

AND HOPE TO DIE (1972) aka LA COURSE DU LIEVRE A TRAVERS LES CHAMPS
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 141 Minutes 1.66:1 Rated PG
From René Clément, the iconic director of Forbidden Games, Purple Noon, Joy House, Rider on the Rain and The Deadly Trap, comes this action-packed crime film starring Jean-Louis Trintignant (Les Biches, The Conformist), Robert Ryan (Day of the Outlaw, The Wild Bunch) and Aldo Ray (God’s Little Acre, Nightfall). Antoine “Froggy” Cardot (Trintignant), a French criminal on the run, heads to Canada where he joins a gang of criminals, Charley (Ryan), Mattone (Ray) and Rizzio (Jean Gaven, The Story of O), who are plotting a complicated robbery. Their foolproof plan blows up in their faces when they end up kidnapping a crime lord’s daughter and accidently killing her. Sébastien Japrisot (A Very Long Engagement, Farewell, Friend) wrote the screenplay for this suspenseful thriller, based on a bestselling novel by David Goodis (Dark Passage, Shoot the Piano Player). Music by legendary composer Francis Lai (Love Story).

Clement.jpg

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Edwards
Will be getting Line of Demarcation & And Hope to Die. To favourites from that era.

I believe Line of Demarcation may be a home video premiere in the U.S?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
My wife is ready to divorce me over the Criterionsale (I missed the Arrow and Cohen sales over at B&N), Film Movement sale, both Warner Archive sales, and both Kino sales. And now another? Is there no end to this torture? I can't hide from her...

Actually, I can completely empathize with you, Jose. I can't tell you how many times I have heard the following sarcastic comment from my wife about my home media addiction: "We'll wind up in the poor house...but at least we'll have a fantastic home media collection!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My wife is ready to divorce me over the Criterionsale (I missed the Arrow and Cohen sales over at B&N), Film Movement sale, both Warner Archive sales, and both Kino sales. And now another? Is there no end to this torture? I can't hide from her...

If you can build a home theater PC and make sure she’s not home when the disc packages arrive, you can just add movies to it at will without her finding out :D

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks