What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (31 Viewers)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
When is the next KL sale?
Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, according to KLI on the other forum.

there will actually be two concurrent sales
Noir-Vember - noir titles
Moratorium - titles that will be going out of print (license will not be renewed or no additional stock will be produced - when they’re gone, they’re gone)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2020!
Brand New 4K Master!

The Balcony (1963) Starring Shelley Winters, Peter Falk, Lee Grant, Ruby Dee, Leonard Nimoy, Peter Brocco, Joyce Jameson, Jeff Corey, Annette Jens and Kent Smith – Shot by George J. Folsey (Forbidden Planet, Meet Me in St. Louis) – Screenplay by Ben Maddow (The Asphalt Jungle, Kiss the Blood Off My Hands) – Based on a play by Jean Genet (The Maids, Poison) – Directed by Joseph Strick (Tropic of Cancer, Ulysses).

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I'm hoping both Secret Ceremony and The Balcony are released on both Blu-ray and DVD. I don't believe that the Secret Ceremony ever had a legitimate DVD in Region 1 and The Balcony was released on DVD by Image Entertainment on August 1, 2000 and copies are priced quite high on Ebay.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I'm hoping both Secret Ceremony and The Balcony are released on both Blu-ray and DVD. I don't believe that the Secret Ceremony ever had a legitimate DVD in Region 1 and The Balcony was released on DVD by Image Entertainment on August 1, 2000 and copies are priced quite high on Ebay.
Even if KINO only releases on Blu Ray, the price will come down. KINO usually releases on both formats, but I'm surprised some people seem to still prefer DVD.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I have the old DVD of The Balcony and will CERTAINLY be upgrading it to HD. What a wonderful unexpected surprise! This one is a real hoot with hot gals in lingerie aplenty, endless cocktails served and an outlandish doomsday plot, really one of a kind (as are all of Strick's wild forays). Now, if it it only were possible to find an HD upgrade of Lady in a Cage too.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I have the old DVD of The Balcony and will CERTAINLY be upgrading it to HD. What a wonderful unexpected surprise! This one is a real hoot with hot gals in lingerie aplenty, endless cocktails served and an outlandish doomsday plot, really one of a kind (as are all of Strick's wild forays). Now, if it it only were possible to find an HD upgrade of Lady in a Cage too.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Hey Ed Lachmann ... can't get enough of that "offal of the welfare state", eh? I think Olivia is still trying her
best to forget that one.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm having trouble finding announcements but was there a release date for Canyon Passage (1946) and was Sierra (1950) also announced for release ?

Canyon Passage is definitely high on my list. And I'd love to see Sierra released.

Gary "the more old Westerns the better, at least for me" O.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm having trouble finding announcements but was there a release date for Canyon Passage (1946) and was Sierra (1950) also announced for release ?
If you're impatient, I can recommend the excellent U. K. Blu-ray disc of Canyon Passage.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Two November Sales Are LIVE Now!
• Over 180 Blu-rays and DVDs - $5.99 and Up!
• Free USA Shipping - Orders of $50 or More!

NOIRVEMBER SALE!
https://www.klstudioclassics.com//li...oirvember-2019

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE!••
https://www.klstudioclassics.com//li...mber-2019-sale

•• These titles will eventually go on moratorium and will not be restocked.

klsc.jpg

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I bought six movies.

-I, Jane Doe
-The McKenzie Break
-Paris Holiday
-Ring of Bright Water
-The Southerner
-The Spiral Staircase

The last two were to bump me above the threshold for free shipping and aren't movies yet on the list for discontinuance. I've never seen 'I, Jane Doe' or The Southerner, but I'm a Ruth Hussey fan so I'll give the former a try and I'm confident I'm going to love The Southerner.

Last edited:

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I know the KINO representative is not answering questions for the time being, but I may forget the question by the time he/she/they begin responding again:

Is the KinoLorber release of New York Stories a new transfer, or is it the same one used by Mill Creek? TIA!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Thank you Kino for the Universal releases
Any chance for
WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT FEELING GOOD?
THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE
FREUD
40 POUNDS OF TROUBLE
COME SEPTEMBER
IF A MAN ANSWERS
BACK STREET
MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS
THE ART OF LOVE
THE GREAT IMPOSTER
CAPTAIN NEWMAN MD
THE CHALK GARDEN
And for me....I'd Rather Be Rich, Fluffy, A Man Could Get Killed, Bus Riley's Back In Town, Love And Kisses, Tammy & The Millionaire.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I was hoping KINO would release SKIPPY. It’s never been released at all... but KINO sad they never inquired about it. Too bad, it’s a best pic nom and a best Director winner. Hopefully there are no rights issue and someone will release it. :/
I agree. Long overdue for any format. I am wondering about Tom Sawyer(1930) and Huckleberry Finn(1931). Both released by Paramount. Not sure if Universal owns the rights. Both probably haven't been on TV in many years. I do know some dealers on ebay sell copies of both from rather rough looking film transfers.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray January 21st from Kino Lorber!

Anthropocene: The Human Epoch
A film by Jennifer Baichwal, Nicholas de Pencier and Edward Burtynsky
Narrated by Alicia Vikander

A stunning sensory experience and cinematic meditation on humanity's massive reengineering of the planet, ANTHROPOCENE: THE HUMAN EPOCH is a years-in-the-making feature documentary from the award-winning team behind MANUFACTURED LANDSCAPES (2006) and WATERMARK (2013).

Special Features:
*Interview with Edward Norton
*Theatrical Trailer

Anthropocene_BR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks