What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (17 Viewers)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm not a big fan of older sci-fi but am planning on blind buying a copy of 4D Man primarily because of the Twilight Zone-esque storyline, I am a huge fan of TZ but not so much rubber-suit/no budget Ed Wood-type feature films. I have a feeling I won't be disappointed with this.

Last edited:

Mark McSherry

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark McSherry

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to 3D Blu-ray October 29th from Kino Classics and the 3-D Film Archive!

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection

Nudie-Cuties were popular in grindhouse theaters in the early 1960s, and the 3-D Film Archive has restored two rare features from this era of sexploitation:

The Bellboy and the Playgirls (1962)
Starring June Wilkinson
With 3-D sequences directed by Francis Ford Coppola!

Adam and Six Eves (1962)
Starring Randy Brent, Gabrielle Bennett, Marianne Bennett, Shelly Forbes, Leigh Sands, Lorraine Sheldon, Barbara Stanley

Special features:
*Two Golden Age 3-D short subjects: Love for Sale (1953) and Beauty in 3rd Dimension (1951)

cover.jpg

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Kino Lorber Insider:

Any chance for Kino to release Jean Renoir's Swamp Water on DVD and Blu-ray? I know it is a Fox title and Twilight Time released it on Blu-ray on February 14, 2012 (which is sold out), but I don't think it ever received a DVD release in Region 1.

Thanks, as always, for considering my request.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Kino Lorber Insider:

Any chance for Kino to release Jean Renoir's Swamp Water on DVD and Blu-ray? I know it is a Fox title and Twilight Time released it on Blu-ray on February 14, 2012 (which is sold out), but I don't think it ever received a DVD release in Region 1.

Thanks, as always, for considering my request.

Great film that needs another release so as to be back in circulation. I was fortunate to pick up the Blu from TT just before they were sold out.

Gary "like Leo, I was hoping for an earlier release of Murder, He Said as to pick it up in a Fall sale too - but it can wait" O.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Great film that needs another release so as to be back in circulation. I was fortunate to pick up the Blu from TT just before they were sold out.

Gary "like Leo, I was hoping for an earlier release of Murder, He Said as to pick it up in a Fall sale too - but it can wait" O.

Gary:

I completely agree with you. I saw Swamp Water on demand on cable a few years ago and loved it. Afterward, I went searching for a DVD of it to no avail and the Blu-ray had already sold out. :(

I'm hoping Kino or a similar company can bring it back into circulation.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have a few questions for the Insider.

Are you planning on having Announcements this weekend?

When do you think you will announce or confirm the final Universal 80s title?

Are you expecting The Great McGinty as a 2019 or 2020 release?

Thanks

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

I know some people have been waiting on this Blu-ray title for many years.

Coming 2020!
Brand New 2K Restoration!
Oscar Winner: Best Supporting Actor (Martin Balsam)
Oscar Nominee: Best Picture (Fred Coe)
Oscar Nominee: Best Screenplay (Herb Gardner)
Oscar Nominee: Best Score (Don Walker)

A Thousand Clowns (1965) Starring Jason Robards, Barbara Harris, Martin Balsam, Gene Saks, William Daniels, Philip Bruns, John McMartin & Barry Gordon – Shot by Arthur J. Ornitz (The Boys in the Band, Serpico) – Screenplay by Herb Gardner (Who is Harry Kellerman, I’m Not Rappaport) – Directed by Fred Coe (Me, Natalie).

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Do we know if 'Ladybug Ladybug' is scheduled for next year? I'm assuming like 'Murder, He Says', that it's probably planned for early 2020 rather than this fall.

I thought this was exceptional when TCM premiered it. A good 90% or so of my Kino Lorber purchases are of 1930's and 40's films, but this one will be one of the exceptions for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks