What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Hello KLInsider, any chance any these 4 Western classics may be within Kino's upcoming "range"?

GUNMAN's WALK (1958) Van Heflin, Tab Hunter (unless this is still with SONY)

WINCHESTER '73 (1950) James Stewart

DESTRY RIDES AGAIN (1939) James Stewart, Marlene Dietrich

WATERHOLE #3 (1967) James Coburn

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Hello KLInsider, any chance any these 4 Western classics may be within Kino's upcoming "range"?

The KL Insider has mentioned a while ago that Winchester 73 and Destry are not with Kino (and may have been picked up by Criterion).

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Waterhole #3 is Paramount (need I say more?) and I stand to be corrected but I don't believe KL has a deal with Sony which leaves Gunman's Walk out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2020!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

They Came from Beyond Space (1967) Starring Robert Hutton, Jennifer Jayne, Zia Mohyeddin, Benrard Kay & Michael Gough – Shot by Norman Warwick (The Abominable Dr. Phibes, The Creeping Flesh) – Screenplay by Milton Subotsky (The Vault of Horror, Tales from the Crypt) – Directed by Freddie Francis (The Skull, The Psychopath).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This gets a 4K? Well, okay...Kino turns movies out at such a rate that I guess I can't criticize their (or the studio's) choice of what gets this treatment. Haven't seen the film, but it looks like MST3K fodder to me.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This gets a 4K? Well, okay...Kino turns movies out at such a rate that I guess I can't criticize their (or the studio's) choice of what gets this treatment. Haven't seen the film, but it looks like MST3K fodder to me.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

I actually like this type of movie as pure fun with no intentions of it being a classic. Those are some of the best movies.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I actually like this type of movie as pure fun with no intentions of it being a classic. Those are some of the best movies.

I agree that they are some of the most fun movies, although personally I would hardly call them "the best." I love watching terrible sci-fi movies, on DVD and Blu-ray. I only question the need for a 4K restoration. But, like I said, as long as Kino is doing the same for much better films, I have no real objection. And, what difference would it make if I had? ;)

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I agree with that. I love watching terrible sci-fi movies, on DVD and Blu-ray. I only question the need for a 4K restoration. But, like I said, as long as Kino is doing the same for much better films, I have no real objection. And, what difference would it make if I had? ;)
I think that's more of a studio decision than Kino as to which titles get 4K restorations.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Like Casablanca.

I do too along with Maltese Falcon, Gaslight, Public Enemy, Calvacade, Sunset, The General, Star Wars, Monster On Campus, This Island Earth, Earthquake, The Day The Earth Stood Still, The Ghost and Mr Chicken, And many others in different genres along with They Came From Beyond Space.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I do too along with Maltese Falcon, Gaslight, Public Enemy, Calvacade, Sunset, The General, Star Wars, Monster On Campus, This Island Earth, Earthquake, The Day The Earth Stood Still, The Ghost and Mr Chicken, And many others in different genres along with They Came From Beyond Space.
I like those films that do't take themselves too seriously

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Watched the excellent MELODY (1971) with friends last night, Region B disc. It's a StudioCanal title--any chance of a Kino release? (I don't think it's ever been on disc here, maybe tape back in the day.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks