What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (11 Viewers)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Paramount.

Well I dunno, Paramount may well own it, but it was produced by the Dino de Laurentiis production company. Paramount distributed it in America, but for the rest of the world it was mostly a Columbia release (& I think the UK DVDs are Sony (Columbia). So maybe the rights for Waterloo aren't that straightforward.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well I dunno, Paramount may well own it, but it was produced by the Dino de Laurentiis production company. Paramount distributed it in America, but for the rest of the world it was mostly a Columbia release (& I think the UK DVDs are Sony (Columbia). So maybe the rights for Waterloo aren't that straightforward.
Yes for other region it is Sony and others in other countries but for the US Paramount still owns the rights and a US Blu Ray would have to come from them.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 10th!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

The Psychopath (1966) Starring Patrick Wymark, Margaret Johnston, John Standing, Alexander Knox and Judy Huxtable - Written by Robert Bloch (Psycho) - Directed by Freddie Francis (The Skull).

Legendary horror director and 2-time Academy Award®-winning cinematographer Freddie Francis (The Skull, Tales from the Crypt) directed this classic Amicus chiller which is filled with surprises and keeps its viewers on the edge of their seats. With a serial killer on the loose, Police Inspector Halloway (Patrick Wymark, Where Eagles Dare, Repulsion) investigates a pattern of grisly murders whose perpetrator leaves a small doll by the body of each victim. The four victims are all brutally murdered in different grotesque ways… a knife, a blow-torch, a rope and a car. The case leads Halloway to disabled doll collector Mrs. Von Sturm (Margaret Johnston, Burn, Witch, Burn) who knows a set of dark secrets that may hold the key to the shocking truth. Beautifully shot in Scope by John Wilcox (The Evil of Frankenstein) with a screenplay by Robert Bloch (Psycho) and co-starring John Standing (The Legacy), Alexander Knox (Woman of Straw) and the lovely Judy Huxtable (Scream and Scream Again).

Special Features:
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Troy Howarth
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Original Theatrical Trailer

738329226787.jpg

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Thank You Kino. I know quite a few horror fans that will be pleased with the Psychopath announcement. It has been absent from DVD and Blu Ray for 2 long. There has been a surge in Amicus films recently. I'm always happy with more Hammer and more Amicus.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I just received the following message from Amazon:

"Hello from Amazon.ca.
We're sorry to report the release of the following item has been cancelled:
"Outer Limits Season 1 [Blu-ray] [Import]"
Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.
We've cancelled this item from your order.
Your order is now closed.
Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca."

Will this not be released in Canada?

We have both US and Canadian rights, so it should be available in both countries.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Would love to see KL get the Chan films. I would buy them on BLURAY in a heartbeat .

of course this would only be available for the Fox and MGM Chan's, which is still a considerable amount considering that there are 44 films in the series, and some are Lost, the last 11 are controlled by WB, so those would have to be done by the Archive if that happened

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 10th on DVD and Blu-ray!
Three critically acclaimed thrillers!

Bad Company (1995) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Director Damian Harris
• Animated Stills & Behind-the-Scenes Image Gallery
Blu-ray $24.95 | DVD $14.95

Deceived (1991) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Director Damian Harris
Blu-ray $24.95 | DVD $14.95

Consenting Adults (1992) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Screenwriter Matthew Chapman
Blu-ray $19.95 | DVD $11.95

April_thrillers.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 17th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Camp Nowhere (1994)
• Audio Commentary by Director Jonathan Prince

Straight Talk (1992)
• Audio Commentary by Director Barnet Kellman

comedies.jpg

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Camp Nowhere...

My wife is going to love that. One of her favorites back then. Think we still have the VHS copy lying around somewhere.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Did Paramount release Waterloo on DVD? If not, I take it that Kino or Olive could release on BR?
Mr. Lime replied over a year ago when they 1st got the Paramount deal that this title was not available to them. He did not go into details. Maybe there is no HD master or maybe Paramount is holding it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks