What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (5 Viewers)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I agree. I wish people (except for the Kino Insider) would refrain from posting pictures in this thread because they detract and get mistaken for official Kino announcements.

I could understand that if the image I posted was not relevant. Kino had already announced they were releasing Phobia, I thought it already had a release date but when I looked it seemed I was mistaken. For some reason I thought it was coming out in the summer. Kino announces so many titles I sometimes lose track of the dates things are coming out. Typically, I like to slot new releases into what I am watching any given month so, I wanted to do a month where I featured Huston and I wanted to time that to whatever month Phobia is coming out.

I posted the image of the poster because I like the poster and I am a big fan of John Huston. This is a Huston film I have never seen. Plus because it is not one of the much talked about Huston pictures I thought including the image would make it easier for people to know what film I was asking about. I have no idea how an image detracts from what is going on in the thread.

I mean posting here allows us the options to include images or videos as well as text. Personally, I like it when people include these things as it adds to the post and makes it more interesting. I don't really understand how it confuses people because it is clearly right there on the screen who is posting it and it does not say "Kino Lorber Insider" next to my posts. Plus above the image is clearly the question about when it is coming out...why would the Kino Insider ask this question?

I prefer this thread is used as an announcement thread as well. I think all the postings asking if some title that has not been announced is coming from Kino or if Kino can get a certain title belong in a different thread. A Kino wish list thread or something. It did not seem out of line to me though to ask about a release date for an already announced title. Nor did it seem confusing.

I would like it if people posted images of titles that are coming from Kino because when I open this thread I immediately see the image and think "Oh, that's coming from Kino! Wonderful!"

If people are wish listing in this thread that, in my opinion, gets confusing. It would be great if there were two Kino threads, one where the Insider is making announcements of things they are releasing/discussing releases and one where people post all their questions about what Kino might be able to acquire for future releases.

What can you do though? Probably the number one thing people want to ask is if a certain title they are longing for is going to get a release. Any time a release is announced there generally follows "Will Kino also release _____?"

I think that should be given another thread so this thread can focus on announced titles and questions, comments, images, videos related to the titles Kino has actually released or is releasing. However, I am just a bystander here.

That's my two cents and as a bonus I will not post an image in this thread again. Over and out.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
It has come to our attention that the 5.1 on the NIXON: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT Blu-ray Disc is out of sync.

We should be able to send replacement discs out to everybody in 4 weeks or so. Just fill out the form with your name, email address and address and we'll ship out the discs.

https://www.kinolorber.com/nixondiscreplacement

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
It has come to our attention that the 5.1 on the NIXON: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT Blu-ray Disc is out of sync.

We should be able to send replacement discs out to everybody in 4 weeks or so. Just fill out the form with your name, email address and address and we'll ship out the discs.

So if I want to order this should I wait a month to place my order to get the corrected copy?

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Dear KL Insider, any chance of TIDAL WAVE (1975, New World/Roger Corman) starring Lorne Greene, and/or its original 1973 Japanese version (without Lorne Greene) coming from Kino Lorber in the future?
If not, would you have any idea who holds rights?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Kino Insider,

Is it true that some John Wayne films are coming out in September on Blu-ray?

Pittsburgh
Reap the Wild Wind
The Spoilers

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Post 3470 had the KL September schedule, and those titles are included
Oops, my eyes were fixated on the poster and not what was written above the poster art.:oops:

9/3 Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) | The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) | The Man in the White Suit (1951) 9/10 Reap the Wild Wind (1942) | The Spoilers (1942) | Pittsburgh (1942) | Mirage (1965) | Blindfold (1965) 9/17 Support Your Local Sheriff (1969) | Support Your Local Gunfighter (1970) | The Bounty Man (1972 TV movie) DVD only | The Trackers (1971 TV movie) DVD only | Daughters of Joshua Gabe (1972 TV movie) DVD only 9/24 Not Wanted (1940) | Never Fear (1950) | The Hitch-Hiker (1953) | The Bigamist (1953) | Ida Lupino: Filmmaker Collection

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Hello KLI, any chance any of the following titles may appear on KINO's horizon in the nearer future? Thanx anyway.

AND GOD SAID TO CAIN (E DIO DISSE A CAINO) (1970) Klaus Kinski (previously released as now-OOP DVD from Wild East)

OUR MAN FLINT (1966) Previously issued on Blu by Twilight Time (OOP).

IN LIKE FLINT (1967) previously issued on Blu by TwilightTime (OOP)

TIDAL WAVE (1975) U.S. +/ or original Japanese version (1973)

Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos

If we get the defective disc from another retailer (eg. amazon), do you send replacements internationally too?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    blitz
    Recent bookmarks