What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (18 Viewers)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I'm sure the few sales lost because people have bought titles from other regions is hugely outweighed by the sales generated in the US to people like me, who have to buy Region A discs because so many discs NEVER get released in their own Blu ray region.
I have to agree with you Anthony. So few of the gems that KL and other boutique labels release make it to Australia. I am happy to spend the money (even on the current poor exchange rate) to add so many KL titles to my library.

dagover

Agent
Real Name
Brian
Never use facebook, so hope I didn't miss-read, but it looks like The Day of the Dolphin (1973) was the Saturday announcement. Saw it in the theater with my wife on its initial release and we really liked it. I don't think I've seen it since, so it's a purchase for me. A great film to pass along to my grandkids and greatgrand kid who I'm sure have never seen it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Never use facebook, so hope I didn't miss-read, but it looks like The Day of the Dolphin (1973) was the Saturday announcement. Saw it in the theater with my wife on its initial release and we really liked it. I don't think I've seen it since, so it's a purchase for me. A great film to pass along to my grandkids and greatgrand kid who I'm sure have never seen it.
Coming Soon!
A Brand New 4K Master!

The Day of the Dolphin (1973) Starring George C. Scott, Trish Van Devere, Paul Sorvino, John Dehner, Edward Hermann & Fritz Weaver - Shot by William A. Fraker (Bullitt, Gator) - Music by Georges Delerue (Julia, True Confessions) - Written by Buck Henry (Catch-22, Candy) - Directed by Mike Nichols (The Graduate, Silkwood).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Coming Soon!
Brand New 4K Master!

Winter Kills (1979) Starring Jeff Bridges, John Huston, Anthony Perkins, Eli Wallach, Sterling Hayden, Dorothy Malone, Tomas Milian, Belinda Bauer, Ralph Meeker, Toshirô Mifune, Richard Boone, Brad Dexter, Joe Spinell, Tisa Farrow, Camilla Sparv, Erin Gray & Elizabeth Taylor - Shot by Vilmos Zsigmond (The Long Goodbye, Close Encounters of the Third Kind) - Music by Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia) - Based on a Book by Richard Condon (Prizzi's Honor, The Manchurian Candidate) - Written and Directed by William Richert (A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon).

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Coming Soon!
Brand New 4K Master!

Winter Kills (1979) Starring Jeff Bridges, John Huston, Anthony Perkins, Eli Wallach, Sterling Hayden, Dorothy Malone, Tomas Milian, Belinda Bauer, Ralph Meeker, Toshirô Mifune, Richard Boone, Brad Dexter, Joe Spinell, Tisa Farrow, Camilla Sparv, Erin Gray & Elizabeth Taylor - Shot by Vilmos Zsigmond (The Long Goodbye, Close Encounters of the Third Kind) - Music by Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia) - Based on a Book by Richard Condon (Prizzi's Honor, The Manchurian Candidate) - Written and Directed by William Richert (A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon).

I hope Kino Lorber retains the commentary track by write-director William Richert that was on the Anchor Bay DVD. It's quite entertaining and informative. My favorite anecdote from the commentary: Richert told the casting director to get Dorothy Malone for the part of Jeff Bridges' mother. When Malone shows up on the first day of shooting, Richert was shocked! He realized his mistake. He had meant Dorothy McGuire, not Dorothy Malone! But he ended up very happy with Malone's performance. It sounds apocryphal but it's from Richert's own lips!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 20th!

4D Man (1959) with optional English subtitles
• Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative!
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
• Audio Commentary by Kris Yeaworth (son of director Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr.)
• Reflections from The 4D Man - On-camera Interview with Producer Jack H. Harris
• On-camera Interview with Co-star Lee Meriwether
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 85 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
He walks through walls of solid steel and stone… into the 4th dimension! From legendary producer Jack H. Harris and director Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr., the team behind cult favorites The Blob and Dinosaurus!, comes this sci-fi horror classic starring Robert Lansing (The Grissom Gang), Lee Meriwether (Catwoman/Miss Kitka of Batman: The Movie), Robert Strauss (Stalag 17), James Congdon (The Left Handed Gun) and Patty Duke (The Miracle Worker). Science whiz Dr. Tony Nelson (Congdon) has made an amazing discovery: he has developed a method of stimulating the molecular structure of solid objects so that they can be joined or passed through one another. Stumbling upon this incredible secret is Tony’s older brother, Scott (Lansing), a fellow scientist who decides to take the experiment one step further—and soon finds himself able to pass through doors and walls. But his newfound freedom of movement has unforeseen side effects, for each time the power is used, Scott ages a bit, and only by touching other living beings and draining their energy (and thus, their lives) can he maintain his age. In addition, this incredible force is driving Scott quite mad... and he’s just noticed his beautiful would-be fiancée (Meriwether) expressing an interest in his brother Tony. Filled with eye-popping special effects, 4D Man takes sci-fi to a whole new dimension!

738329236038.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Any chance Kino can get their hands on Thoroughly Modern Millie, Midnight, The Major and the Minor, or any of the Abbott and Costello movies from Uni? Also, Francis the Talking Mule and Ma and Ma Kettle?

We're not interested in releasing the Francis the Talking Mule and Ma and Pa Kettle movies, but we did ask for all these others and none were available to us at the time.

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve

4D Man (1959) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
• Reflections from The 4D Man - On-camera Interview with Producer Jack H. Harris
• On-camera Interview with Co-star Lee Meriwether
• Theatrical Trailer

What a fantastic line-up of extras and from a 4K scan of the original camera negative! Can't wait!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 20th!

Dinosaurus! (1960) with optional English subtitles
• Dinosaurus!: A Monstrous Story - Interviews with Producer Jack H. Harris, Co-star Paul Lukather and Film Historians Donald F. Glut and Bill Warren
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 83 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
Alive with thrills that started a million years ago! From legendary producer Jack H. Harris and director Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr., the team behind sci-fi classics The Blob and 4D Man, comes this cult fantasy-adventure starring Ward Ramsey, Paul Lukather and Kristina Hanson. Building a new harbor off the coast of a Caribbean island, an American engineer (Ramsey) sets off a blast on the ocean floor that uncovers the frozen bodies of a Brontosaurus, a Tyrannosaurus Rex and a Neanderthal Man. The dinosaurs are hauled ashore by the construction crew, who are unaware that the giants are still alive. Struck by lightning during a fierce tropical storm, the monsters awaken and prowl the island jungles! Also restored to life is the caveman (Gregg Martell), an amiable brute who joins the island boy Julio (Alan Roberts) in a series of wacky misadventures. A merry grab-bag of sci-fi, action and comedy, Dinosaurus! features stop-motion dinosaur animation by the legendary Projects Unlimited effects team (The Time Machine, The Outer Limits). Beautifully shot in Scope by the great Stanley Cortez (Since You Went Away, The Night of the Hunter).

dino.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 20th!

Billy the Kid vs. Dracula (1966) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Film Historians Lee Gambin and John Harrison
• Trailers

Color 73 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Billy the Kid vs. Dracula is an outrageous low-budget horror-western directed by cult filmmaker William Beaudine (The Ape Man, Voodoo Man). Traveling by stagecoach, Dracula (the great John Carradine) plots to convert Billy the Kid’s (famed stuntman Chuck Courtney) fiancée, Betty Bentley (Melinda Casey), into his vampire bride. When the sinister bloodsucker kidnaps Betty and takes her to an abandoned silver mine, Billy must confront the Count, but soon realizes his six-shooters’ bullets are no match for the undead—and an all-out battle of good vs. evil ensues. Filmmaker Carl K. Hittleman (36 Hours) wrote the screenplay for this wild cult classic, beautifully shot by Lothrop B. Worth (Gog) and featuring Marjorie Bennett (What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?) and Harry Carey Jr. (Cherry 2000).

738329239060.jpg

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Coming August 20th!

Dinosaurus! (1960) with optional English subtitles
• Dinosaurus!: A Monstrous Story - Interviews with Producer Jack H. Harris, Co-star Paul Lukather and Film Historians Donald F. Glut and Bill Warren
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 83 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
Alive with thrills that started a million years ago! From legendary producer Jack H. Harris and director Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr., the team behind sci-fi classics The Blob and 4D Man, comes this cult fantasy-adventure starring Ward Ramsey, Paul Lukather and Kristina Hanson. Building a new harbor off the coast of a Caribbean island, an American engineer (Ramsey) sets off a blast on the ocean floor that uncovers the frozen bodies of a Brontosaurus, a Tyrannosaurus Rex and a Neanderthal Man. The dinosaurs are hauled ashore by the construction crew, who are unaware that the giants are still alive. Struck by lightning during a fierce tropical storm, the monsters awaken and prowl the island jungles! Also restored to life is the caveman (Gregg Martell), an amiable brute who joins the island boy Julio (Alan Roberts) in a series of wacky misadventures. A merry grab-bag of sci-fi, action and comedy, Dinosaurus! features stop-motion dinosaur animation by the legendary Projects Unlimited effects team (The Time Machine, The Outer Limits). Beautifully shot in Scope by the great Stanley Cortez (Since You Went Away, The Night of the Hunter).

View attachment 59103

Easily a day one purchase for me. I remember seeing this at the late great Buckingham Theatre in Arlington Virginia as a child, and thinking how cool it would be to have a pet brontosaurus. Of course, I already own the DVD, but a Blu-Ray will be even greater.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
DVD $11.95 each | BD $14.95 each

Coming August 4th!
The Gun in Betty Lou’s Handbag (1992) with optional English subtitles
• Theatrical Trailer

Coming August 11th!
Another Stakeout (1993) with optional English subtitles
• 5.1 Surround | 2.0 Stereo