What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (12 Viewers)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Kino Lorber Insider:

Is there any chance Kino may be able to release Omar Khayyam from 1957 and starring Cornel Wilde. I don't think it has ever been released on either DVD or Blu-ray in Region 1. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sean

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Kino Lorber Insider:

Is there any chance Kino may be able to release Omar Khayyam from 1957 and starring Cornel Wilde. I don't think it has ever been released on either DVD or Blu-ray in Region 1. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sean

We have no plans of releasing Omar Khayyam.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im interested in Le Dolous, Peter Pan, Easy Living, with Dead of Night being the one I will most likely purchase, Id assume it will be a visual and extras upgrade from the StudioCanal Blu ray..

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Great news about PETER PAN, which I'd not thought would ever be given a Blu release. It's really a cool movie. I pine for BROKEN BLOSSOMS, if Kino can upgrade its DVD of this.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Seems like Broken Blossoms would be coming from Cohen since their site lists a 2K master available.

I can't find it there, but I'll take your word...and that would be great news. I also see that the wonderful (Oscar-winning) GET OUT YOUR HANDKERCHIEFS (1982) is out theatrically again, and I expect to see a Cohen Blu of that in the near future.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Another inquiry for KLSC :)
If you do another deal with Universal , might you consider / chances that you could get these
Among the Living - unreleased
Abandoned
The Accused
An Act of Murder
City Streets
The Web
- also unreleased

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Great news about PETER PAN, which I'd not thought would ever be given a Blu release. It's really a cool movie. I pine for BROKEN BLOSSOMS, if Kino can upgrade its DVD of this.

What I'd really like to see is the follow-up to "Peter Pan" from the following year, "A Kiss for Cinderella" (1925). The surviving print seems to suffer from some deterioration, though. Been so long since I've seen it, I can't remember exactly how bad it was. But it certainly had some problems. I'm curious if modern restoration wizardry could come to its rescue.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Another inquiry for KLSC :)
If you do another deal with Universal , might you consider / chances that you could get these
Among the Living - unreleased

Expanding on this thought: I'd love to see the other never-released-in-any-format classic Paramount horror-mysteries -- including Terror Aboard ('33), The Mad Doctor ('40) and Man in Half Moon Street ('44).

We know none of these was part of the first trove of Universal titles in its (initial) Kino deal. What we don't know is whether decent prints of these tiles still exist(?) Or were they destroyed in the Universal fire? And, if they do exist, are there rights entanglements?

We don't know the answers to these questions because Universal's Home Entertainment unit apparently is insufficiently staffed, organized and/or inclined to answer such fan/potential-buyer questions.

This stands in contrast to Warner Archive, whose George Feltenstein has steadily communicated with fans across various live and digital platforms (at least on topics other than WB's classic 3D titles....). It also stands in contrast to the wonderful efforts of our good friend KL Insider in keeping us informed.

So, if/as the Kino-Universal relationship continues, I'm hoping our KL friends might be able to pry such insights from the Universal archivists so that -- at long last -- we might finally get answers to why these titles have not officially been released -- to TV, VHS or DVD -- for decades.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
If another deal is done with Universal, I'd like to see these following silents included:
Sensation Seekers (1927)
The Shakedown (1929)
Skinner's Dress Suit (1926)
Oh, Doctor! (1925)
The Reckless Age (1924)
What Happened to Jones (1926)
Outside the Law (1920)

These films have all been restored by Universal as a part of its initiative to reclaim its silent film heritage, and all of them are available on DCPs according to Park Circus. If they're not spoken for by Flicker Alley (which is the case for "The Last Warning" and "The Man Who Laughs"), then it'd be nice to see them distributed by Kino.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I would say the Universal deal has to be one of the most popular deals for fans of this site. I can't remember when I have seen so many suggestions for films for a possible future deal now that the current deal's titles are all or mostly known. Hope the sales of the actual titles being released justify Kino making a new deal for more Universal ( 1930's and 1940's Paramount titles please) to be released.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This April sale was the first time I've taken advantage of one of their bargain bonanzas. I ordered on Tuesday and three days later, my box of 11 blu rays arrived at my office. I'm more than pleased with the super fast, one-day-earlier than expected delivery. Especially since I'm off for a few days and wouldn't have had these for my staycation. Thank you, KL! For other the awesome sale and the zippy shipping!

Which was free since I spent over $50!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks