What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (9 Viewers)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
To add confusion to this: I received an email this morning from Kino that stated the sale ends tomorrow. No numerical date attached. Was it sent prematurely by one week?

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
15th from where I’m standing, but...what were the winning lottery numbers where you are? :D

LOL! Totally correct Josh! And I received the same e-mail. It is confusing because the e-mail says the sale ends tomorrow, but the site still says 4.22.

And to keep this on topic, I bought the first 4 "Road to" Blu-rays along with Nothing Sacred.

Last edited:

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Two questions for KL Insider

Is Dementia 13 with another label ?

If you get another deal with Disney what are the chances you might license The Bat (Vincent Price) and Song of the South, a title Disney themselves will probably never release - will this movie ever see the light of day on home video ?? :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
If Song of the South is ever released this century, it'll be hidden in the backroom of Disney+.
Disney+ is and will be getting way too much exposure for them to ever release it there. If it ever comes out it will most likely be as a Disney movie club exclusive with a disclaimer.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I thought I'd posted this question in the Kino thread but my fumbling attempt seems to have generated a separate thread!
So here's the question. I'll now try to delete the superfluous thread.....
Is there any chance that Kino (or anyone else) may get its hands on 'Come September', the terrific 1961 romantic comedy starring Rock Hudson, Gina Lollobrigida, Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee?
It does exist on Blu ray, but seems accessible only in Brazil! I've tried various sources but it seems impossible to order from outlets there.

It's not with KL. We heard it may be released by Universal, but it's a rumor and we cannot confirm.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Quick question: I saw a promo for the sale on Facebook that says the sale ends tomorrow, yet the Kino Lorber website says that the sale ends on the 22nd. Can you clarify this for me please?

Um, tomorrow is the 22nd?!

(Update 4/15 - total brain cramp. Too much going on.Yes, next Monday is the 22nd.)

The sale ends on the 22nd.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Two questions for KL Insider

Is Dementia 13 with another label ?

If you get another deal with Disney what are the chances you might license The Bat (Vincent Price) and Song of the South, a title Disney themselves will probably never release - will this movie ever see the light of day on home video ?? :)

Dementia 13 is PD. There are rumors of a 4K restoration done by Coppola, so it may be released by someone.

If we do another deal with Disney, we will look into acquiring The Bat.

Lots and lots of legal and other issues, so even though they say, never say never, I will say it: Song of the South will NEVER be released in the U.S.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Lots and lots of legal and other issues, so even though they say, never say never, I will say it: Song of the South will NEVER be released in the U.S.

The "other issues" are well known and documented, but I was surprised to read that there are legal issues as well with SONG OF THE SOUTH.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
JULY

alphaville (1965) 7/9
the annihilators (1985) 7/9
attack of the robots (1966) 7/16
bob le flambeur (1956) 7/2
the champagne murders (1967) 7/9
dead of night (1945) 7/9
death in the garden (1956) 7/23
death takes a holiday (1934) 7/23
le doulos (1962) 7/2
easy living (1937) 7/23
grace quigley (1985) 7/16
hello again (1987) 7/16
jefferson in paris (1995) 7/16
leon morin, priest (1961) 7/2
luminous motion (1998) 7/23
the milky way (1969) 7/23
mumford (1999) 7/16
naked alibi (1954) 7/30
the outsider (le marginal) (1983) 7/2
peter pan (1924) 7/9
le professionnel (1981) 7/2
quarantine (2000) (dvd only) 7/9
sweet charity (1969) 7/23
target: Harry (1969) 7/30
tuff turf (1985) 7/9

SC.jpg

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I’m anxious for a release date for THE LOST WEEKEND, but I know I have to be patient. I hope KINO can get some good bonus features for this important film! Academy Awards highlights?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I’m anxious for a release date for THE LOST WEEKEND, but I know I have to be patient. I hope KINO can get some good bonus features for this important film! Academy Awards highlights?

Is there a release date for Dr. Cyclops ?

Both of these will be a while from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks