What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (19 Viewers)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I just had a thought as The Third Man is with Studio Canal. I would love to know whether Kino was able to license that one, as that was MisterLime Scott Peck's favorite films.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I just had a thought as The Third Man is with Studio Canal. I would love to know whether Kino was able to license that one, as that was MisterLime Scott Peck's favorite films.
There's a superb Zone B Blu-ray from the U. K.

Reactions: PMF

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon!
Brand New 2K Master!
A Mickey Spillane Mike Hammer Thriller!

My Gun is Quick (1957) Starring Robert Bray Mike Hammer, Whitney Blake, Patricia Donahue, Pamela Duncan as Velda and Booth Colman as Det. Pat Chambers - Based on a book by Mickey Spillane (I, the Jury) - Produced and Directed by Victor Saville (Kim, Calling Bulldog Drummond) and George White (Only film directed by Oscar-nominated editor, The Postman Alway Rings Twice, The Naked Spur, Bataan).

mgiq.jpg

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Just picked up three great titles from the Kino store; The Bounty, Female on the Beach and Revolt of the Slaves. The last one is a welcome surprise for this huge sword and sandal fan. Just wanted to say thanks for it as we are so often neglected. Keeping my hopes up that perhaps someday we may see the wonderful Henry Koster epic The Story of Ruth or Raoul Walsh's gorgeous Esther and the King (Fox titles) in blu-ray form. Amazon and iTunes offer Ruth in HD, but I'm praying for an official disc release. Any chance?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I do have the import but I thought maybe Kino could do a Region A version of the StudioCanal Blu ray.. Its a key title so why not :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
After looking back at the Hitchcock announcements, is there a reason why Juno and the Paycock wasn't licensed? It's apparently a BIP film, which places it with StudioCanal like the other nine announced. Rights issues or lack of elements, perhaps?

Flicks*

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david
After looking back at the Hitchcock announcements, is there a reason why Juno and the Paycock wasn't licensed? It's apparently a BIP film, which places it with StudioCanal like the other nine announced. Rights issues or lack of elements, perhaps?
It's on TV in the UK occasionally.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot

The UK Blu-ray of "The Third Man" is Region Free and from a 4K restoration.
(Note: I live in the USA and I do not have an All-Region Player)
I purchased two copies in Sept 2017 (One for me, one for my son who loves the movie as well), and it looks the best that I have ever seen it.
(I have also seen this restoration theatrically, and I thought the Blu-ray looked just as good).

I have been told that the USA Blu-ray from Lionsgate is poor.

I have the old Criterion DVD, and I once rented the Criterion Blu-ray, and both were good but some shots had density fluctuations and there was some dirt.

I highly recommend the UK Studio Canal Blu-ray. It was only 8.33 GBP when I purchased it.

gjn123

Agent
Real Name
Brendan Brennan
The UK Blu-ray of "The Third Man" is Region Free and from a 4K restoration.
(Note: I live in the USA and I do not have an All-Region Player)
I purchased two copies in Sept 2017 (One for me, one for my son who loves the movie as well), and it looks the best that I have ever seen it.
(I have also seen this restoration theatrically, and I thought the Blu-ray looked just as good).

I have been told that the USA Blu-ray from Lionsgate is poor.

I have the old Criterion DVD, and I once rented the Criterion Blu-ray, and both were good but some shots had density fluctuations and there was some dirt.

I highly recommend the UK Studio Canal Blu-ray. It was only 8.33 GBP when I purchased it.
Which UK Blu-ray edition are you referring to? All of the ones listed on Amazon say Region 2 PAL.
I ask because I'd like to buy it, but I don't want to get the wrong one. Thanks in advance for any information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks