What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (12 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
And these:

Kino Classics The Iceman Cometh 3/26/19
Kino Classics Underground (1928) 4/23/19
Kino Classics The Informer (1929) 4/23/19
Kino Classics Shooting Stars (1928) 4/23/19
Kino Classics A Delicate Balance 5/7/19
Kino Classics Rhinocernos 5/7/19
Kino Classics RKO Classic Adventures 5/21/19
Kino Classics RKO Classic Romances 5/21/19
Kino Classics The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith 6/4/19
Kino Classics Lost in the Stars 6/4/19
Kino Classics Galileo 6/4/19
Redemption Devil's Kiss 6/11/19
Jezebel The Man Who Drove Mandela 6/11/19
Kino Classics In Celebration 7/2/19
Kino Classics Philadelphia, Here I Come 7/2/19

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith is a masterpiece. It compels and lends itself to repear viewings. Loving the AFT releaseals
...they could have stopped at Jacques Brel and I would have been happy. My parents subscribed to this series of which I believe the exquisite A Delicate Balance was the first released. The Man In The Glass Booth was the series most popular...garnering a wide release after Maximillian Schells Best Oscar nomination but the interesting Rhiniceros was the series nadir.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Someone has probably asked this question already, and if so, I apologize. I try to always keep up with the exciting news in this forum! That said, is To Each His Own with Olivia de Havilland a part of your deal with Universal?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
3/19 Far From Heaven | Losin' It | Lovers and Other Strangers | Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came | The Minion 3/26 For a Few Dollars More | Jivaro 3-D | Tarnished Angels | Road to Singapore | Road to Zanzibar | Road to Morocco | Road to Utopia 4/2 Innocent Man | Green Card | Unstrung Heroes 4/9 Rider on the Rain | Cold Sweat | Emmanuelle | Emmanuelle 2 | Goodbye Emmanuelle 4/16 Becky Sharp | Bend of the River | Highway Patrolman 4/23 Scream and Scream Again | Land Unknown | House of the Seven Gables | Strange Door | Acceptable Risks (DVD only) | Sinking of the Rainbow Warrior (DVD only) 4/30 Hannibal (also 4KUHD) | Fantomas 1960s 3 Film Collection | Pink Panther Cartoons Vol. 5 5/7 The Man Who Haunted Himself | The Nightcomers | Brick | Broken Flowers | Swing Vote 5/14 Link | The Bedroom Window | The Landlord 5/21 Robbery | Midas Run | Ring of Bright Water | Von Richthofen and Brown | Bitter Moon | Nixon 5/28 Silent Partner | Arabian Adventure | Portrait in Black | Madame X | The Nun | La Prisonniere 6/18 Detective | First Name: Carmen | Helas Pour Moi

8/13 Blackmail | Murder! | Number 17 | Alfred Hitchcock - Early Films [The Ring/The Farmer's Wife/Champagne/The Manxman/The Skin Game/Rich and Strange]

Note: We've confirmed dozens of other titles. We will add the June slate soon, everything we've confirmed will be out in 2019, so please be patient.
So has the following titles been pushed back?

The Lavender Hill Gang
The Man in the White Suit
The Bigamist
The Hitch-Hiker
Not Wanted
Clockers
Crooklyn
Jungle Fever
Mo' Better Blues

Last edited:

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
On the subject of Public Domain titles...you deal a lot with the Library of Congress. Any chance you will do a definitive edition of MEET JOHN DOE? I ask this cause I read somewhere that there was a LoC restoration done on this movie years ago but has never been issued on any format.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
I remain hopeful Kino's Universal deal will get us "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" on BLU.. Nothing in this A/V world wld please me like being able to place that on my shelf next to the 2 Kolchak movie Blus (altho I must admit the BD resolution - esp. a brand-new remaster - probably would not do the micro-budget monster costumes/makeup any favors, visually-spkng)..

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
On the subject of Public Domain titles...you deal a lot with the Library of Congress. Any chance you will do a definitive edition of MEET JOHN DOE? I ask this cause I read somewhere that there was a LoC restoration done on this movie years ago but has never been issued on any format.
FYI The version that runs on TCM looks great.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I’ve been recording many films on TCM during the current 32 days of Oscar, and many look great and / or are in HD, yet are nowhere to be found on Blu Ray.

I wonder if KINO could release some of the PD films like LOVE AFFAIR or THE PIED PIPER or OUR TOWN....

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I believe Sony did a new restoration on MEET JOHN DOE. (Their logo is on the film at the end.) Sony is the studio I am happiest with regards to Capra as they made most of his best films. And the transfer and restoration looks to be blu ray quality as it is beautiful. I don't remember a mar on the film. And since they put out his most known 30s films, a release would be wonderful.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray May 28th from Kino Classics!

LA PRISONNIÈRE (WOMAN IN CHAINS, 1968)
A film by Henri-Georges Clouzot

Clouzot's final film is a sensuously colorful film of voyeuristic sexual obsession, and is presented in a stunning 4K restoration.

Special Features:
*THE REBELLIOUS ELISABETH WIENER, a 25-minute retrospective documentary
*Audio commentary by film historian Kat Ellinger
*Booklet essay by film critic Elena Lazic
*Trailers

Prisonniere_BR.jpg

Prisonniere_DVD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks