What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Any chance for more Elvis movies on Blu-ray?

I'd be particularly interested in King Creole (1958) and GI Blues (1963).

Slight correction G.I. Blues (1960) his 1st film after he got out of the army. But yeah as pointed out these are with Paramount and so is Girls, Girls, Girls, Roustabout, Fin in Acapulco, Blue Hawaii, Paradise Hawaiian style and Easy Come, Easy Go. Kino and Twilight Time would have access to the remaining MGM Elvis films if Warner doesn't have them: It Happened at the Worlds Fair, Kissin Cousins, Girl Happy, Harum Scarum, Spinout, Double Trouble, Stay Away Joe, Speedway, Live a Little: Love a Little, The Trouble with Girls. They may also have access to the remaining Fox Elvis film: Wild in the Country (1961)

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Slight correction G.I. Blues (1960) his 1st film after he got out of the army. But yeah as pointed out these are with Paramount and so is Girls, Girls, Girls, Roustabout, Fin in Acapulco, Blue Hawaii, Paradise Hawaiian style and Easy Come, Easy Go. Kino and Twilight Time would have access to the remaining MGM Elvis films if Warner doesn't have them: It Happened at the Worlds Fair, Kissin Cousins, Girl Happy, Harum Scarum, Spinout, Double Trouble, Stay Away Joe, Speedway, Live a Little: Love a Little, The Trouble with Girls. They may also have access to the remaining Fox Elvis film: Wild in the Country (1961)

All the MGM films are with Warner. I think the only title listed that may have a chance with Kino or TT is Wild in the Country.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
All the MGM films are with Warner. I think the only title listed that may have a chance with Kino or TT is Wild in the Country.
Not sure about that. I know the old DVD's were with Warner but Kid Gallahad and Follow that Dream were released on blu ray by Twilight Time through MGM and Frankie and Johnnie and Clambake released by Kino through MGM. All 4 of these titles were also with Warner on DVD so either Warner didn't renew them with MGM or they only have DVD rights.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Not sure about that. I know the old DVD's were with Warner but Kid Gallahad and Follow that Dream were released on blu ray by Twilight Time through MGM and Frankie and Johnnie and Clambake released by Kino through MGM. All 4 of these titles were also with Warner on DVD so either Warner didn't renew them with MGM or they only have DVD rights.

These four titles were originally released by United Artists and are now owned by the current MGM. The other titles were MGM films which are now owned by Warner and if the Warner owned titles are released on Blu I'm sure it would be through the Archive.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
These four titles were originally released by United Artists and are now owned by the current MGM. The other titles were MGM films which are now owned by Warner and if the Warner owned titles are released on Blu I'm sure it would be through the Archive.
Ok that makes sense. Thanks

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 20th!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Restoration!

Stingaree (1934) Starring Irene Dunne, Richard Dix, Mary Boland, Conway Tearle, Andy Devine and Henry Stephenson - Directed by William Wellman (Nothing Sacred, A Star is Born, The Ox-Bow Incident, Yellow Sky)

Special Features:
• Audio Commentary by William Wellman Jr.
• Trailers

738329228088.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming out on DVD and Blu-ray April 10th from Kino Classics:

Two Gloria Swanson silent comedies directed by Allan Dwan!

MANHANDLED (1924)
*Mastered in 2K from 16mm film elements preserved by Lobster Films, Paris, and Indiana University Libraries Moving Image Archive.

Special Features:
*Audio commentary by film historian Gaylyn Studlar
*Booklet essay by film historian Peter Labuza
*Piano score composed and performed by Makia Matsumura

••••

STAGE STRUCK (1925)
*Mastered from 35mm film elements preserved by the George Eastman Museum and includes the original two-strip Technicolor prologue and epilogue

Special Features:
*Audio commentary by Frederic Lombardi, author of ALLAN DWAN AND THE RISE AND DECLINE OF THE HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
*Booklet essay by film historian Farran Smith Nehme
*Piano score composed and performed by Andrew Simpson

738329229627.jpg

738329229641.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Coming out on DVD and Blu-ray April 10th from Kino Classics:

Two Gloria Swanson silent comedies directed by Allan Dwan!

MANHANDLED (1924)
*Mastered in 2K from 16mm film elements preserved by Lobster Films, Paris, and Indiana University Libraries Moving Image Archive.

Special Features:
*Audio commentary by film historian Gaylyn Studlar
*Booklet essay by film historian Peter Labuza
*Piano score composed and performed by Makia Matsumura

manhandled_bd_cover2-jpg.43446

STAGE STRUCK (1925)
*Mastered from 35mm film elements preserved by the George Eastman Museum and includes the original two-strip Technicolor prologue and epilogue

Special Features:
*Audio commentary by Frederic Lombardi, author of ALLAN DWAN AND THE RISE AND DECLINE OF THE HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
*Booklet essay by film historian Farran Smith Nehme
*Piano score composed and performed by Andrew Simpson

stagestruck_bd_cover2-jpg.43443
Are these separate releases or are bundled together?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Hi KL, I was just wondering if you do land a deal with MGM if you would please consider licensing Konga, The Flame Barrier and Monstroid. I realize that they might not be the biggest sellers , Konga might be a decent seller due to Michael Gough and fans of large ape movies but every title has a fanbase - but if some of your titles made a big enough profit maybe you could splurge on a few lesser titles.
The Flame Barrier hasnt seen the light of day on home video, and Monstroid's DVD release is VHS quality. Konga has had a couple of DVD releases, and the MGM MOD is the best to date. Even you made double features with them Id be happy as long as they were given Blu ray releases. Please rescue them :)

We'll send your requests to our head of acquisitions. We've passed on these before, so the odds are not good. And it looks like the rights to Monstroid is still with Shout Factory.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Dear Kino Lorber Insider, with the recent 4K Paramount Archives scans that you've been doing, is there any chance that you'll release Ash Wednesday, a Paramount film from 1973 starring Elizabeth Taylor and Henry Fonda? It's never been released on Blu-ray or DVD, so it would be a great candidate. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

PS My copies of The Garden of Allah, Intermezzo, and Not As a Stranger are arriving Friday. Can't wait! :)

elizabeth-taylor-in-ash-wednesday-on-exshoesme.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Dear Kino Lorber Insider, with the recent 4K Paramount Archives scans that you've been doing, is there any chance that you'll release Ash Wednesday, a Paramount film from 1973 starring Elizabeth Taylor and Henry Fonda? It's never been released on Blu-ray or DVD, so it would be a great candidate. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

PS My copies of The Garden of Allah, Intermezzo, and Not As a Stranger are arriving Friday. Can't wait! :)

There legal issues holding up the release of Ash Wednesday.

Thanks for your continued support.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
We'll send your requests to our head of acquisitions. We've passed on these before, so the odds are not good. And it looks like the rights to Monstroid is still with Shout Factory.

Thank you for the reply. Ive requested them before too :) I really think Konga deserves a chance and The Flame Barrier would fit right in with Curse of the Faceless Man, The Magnetic Monster etc. Im hoping KINO has made good profits to do a little splurging :D
Monstroid could be with Shout, they did release it via an Elvira DVD release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks