What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (2 Viewers)

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Coming April 2018 on Blu-ray!

The Strange Door (1951) Starring Charles Laughton, Boris Karloff, Sally Forrest, Richard Wyler, Alan Napier and Michael Pate - Shot by Irving Glassberg (The Tarnished Angels, Bend of the River) - Screenplay by Jerry Sackheim (The Black Castle) - Based on the Story "" by Robert Lewis Stevenson (Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Body Snatcher) - Directed by Joseph Pevney (Foxfire, Female on the Beach).

View attachment 54273
Great week for us Karloff fans!!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I thought it was "a couple" of Boris Karloff titles???

He said one at another forum..

Interesting. I *thought* he said a couple in this forum, but who knows what page that was on! LOL Thanks.

If its just one I would guess its from the Boris Karloff collection. Maybe if there is another it could be something he doesnt star in like Unconquered or The Bells or something

There were originally two. One was replaced with another title.

Dan_Shane

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan Shane
Yup, a thing of the past now. Remember those title sequences, & of course the title music (usually the best cue on the soundtrack album), at the end of it you had some idea of the tone of the film that followed, & of course at the end of the film you got..."The End", & not ten minutes of 10,000 names rolling up the screen. Happy days.

I don't mind the end credits, since I do sometimes watch them for familiar (to me) names. However, I am not sure what purpose it really serves since very, very few human beings actually read them.

But no opening titles practically ensures that most viewers will think *nobody* made the movie since those are the only credits they will ever see.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
How about these four movies that I think are with Universal - are these possibly with you or another label ?
The Web (unreleased)
Among the Living (unreleased)
Murders in the Zoo (DVD only)
The Major and the Minor ( DVD only)

Especially interested in The Major and The Minor.

We're not supposed to confirm or deny anything, but I'll do it this time. We don't have any of these, we asked for THE MAJOR AND THE MINOR, but did not get it, so most likely with another label. The others should still be with Universal.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Thanks, KL Insider. I'd rather have "bad" news (i.e., that you don't have Among the Living) than be left hanging, possibly to get my hopes up. I appreciate your honesty and responsiveness. You and your KL colleagues really do deserve a great deal of praise and recognition (not to mention sales success) for leading the charge so boldly in making classic films available.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah I agree with the above post, thank you KL for answering the inquiries - it is appreciated.. Im glad your label is a little more transparent and are able to discuss / answer when you can. Some labels are a little more hush hush.

That being said, why hasnt Woody Allen's Match Point received a USA Blu ray ? What's up with that one ? :)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Yeah I agree with the above post, thank you KL for answering the inquiries - it is appreciated.. Im glad your label is a little more transparent and are able to discuss / answer when you can. Some labels are a little more hush hush.

That being said, why hasnt Woody Allen's Match Point received a USA Blu ray ? What's up with that one ? :)

I have no idea, I guess they didn't think of releasing it on Blu-ray day-and-date with the DVD and now it'll most likely need to be picked up by someone else for it to be released on Blu-ray.

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Master!

Agatha Christie's Ordeal by Innocence (1984) Starring Donald Sutherland, Faye Dunaway, Christopher Plummer, Sarah Miles and Ian McShane - Cinematography by Billy Williams (Eleni, The Silent Partner) - Music by Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck - Produced by Menahem Golan (Runaway Train) and Yoram Globus (52 Pick-Up) - Directed by Desmond Davis (Smashing Time, Clash of the Titans).

ordeal.jpg

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

I'm afraid that as a pre-2010 DreamWorks title that it is now owned by Paramount, where catalog titles go to die if they have ever had a DVD release, as Paramount refuses to license out such titles even while they neglect to release them on their own accord. Allen's other DreamWorks films - Anything Else, The Curse of the Jade Scorpion, Hollywood Ending, and Small Time Crooks - are in the same predicament.

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I'm afraid that as a pre-2010 DreamWorks title that it is now owned by Paramount, where catalog titles go to die if they have ever had a DVD release, as Paramount refuses to license out such titles even while they neglect to release them on their own accord. Allen's other DreamWorks films - Anything Else, The Curse of the Jade Scorpion, Hollywood Ending, and Small Time Crooks - are in the same predicament.
In this day and age, I don't think any company is going to be rushing out Woody Allen titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    blitz
    Recent bookmarks