What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Ida Lupino at 100!
Brand New Restorations of THE HITCH-HIKER (4K), THE BIGAMIST (4K) and NOT WANTED (2K)!

https://www.facebook.com/kinolorberi...7210660065947/

Celebrate the centenary of Hollywood trailblazer Ida Lupino with new restorations of three of her films as director: Not Wanted (1949), The Hitch-Hiker (1953) and The Bigamist (1953).

Coming in November to Film Forum and Belcourt Theatre, December to Alamo Drafthouse Cinema & more!

lupino.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray January 15th!

Two films from legendary director Mario Bava (released separately):

KNIVES OF THE AVENGER (1966)

A barbaric Viking revenge film starring Cameron Mitchell!

Bonus Features:
*Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
*English main title sequence
*Alternate English dialogue track
*Theatrical Trailer
*Mario Bava trailer gallery
*Reversible artwork

FOUR TIMES THAT NIGHT (1971)

A swinging sex comedy laced with dark undertones.

Bonus features:
*Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
*Alternate English dialogue track
*Deleted scenes
*U.S. theatrical trailer
*Mario Bava trailer gallery

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 4.05.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 4.22.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 4.03.54 PM.png

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It may be a 4K restoration, but it's likely to be a standard blu-ray release. I don't think Kino is releasing 4K UHD discs unless I missed that announcement somewhere.
They are releasing a 4K master, not an UHD disc of Hitch-Hiker. Its being given a 4K scan..

jbp110

Grip
Real Name
James
Many great announcements! Would be interested in knowing if KL has ever considered releasing the 1973 TV mini-series The Blue Knight starring William Holden. The mini-series was aired over 3 nights, I believe, in 2-hour segments. IMDB lists its original length as 240 min and I believe it is shown on TCM and other stations from time to time as a heavily edited 2-hour movie. The mini-series was based on Joseph Wambaugh's book of the same name, and gave rise to the 1975 TV series starring George Kennedy. Originally produced by Lorimar Productions, it may be owned by Warner currently, and I don't think it has ever been released on VHS, Laser, DVD, or BR. If KL has never pursued this feature, I'd wholeheartedly encourage it being released.
For those who "Liked" the original post above, Warner Archive just announced on 11/2/18 they are releasing this mini-series on Blu-ray by year's end. Information is located in the new release announcements on Blu-ray.com home page. The label image displayed there indicates a run time of 180 min but I don't know if this was furnished by WAC or not. The Blu-ray.com description page uses the IMDB run time of 240 min. Either scenario will be an improvement over the drastically cut 2 hour movie that has been circulating in recent years. I hope I'm not too far out of line posting this update, but if so, I do apologize. Now back to reading all these great announcements from KL Insider...

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I would love
A few non horror Bava classics I'd LOVE to own:
Hercules in the Haunted World
The Last of the Vikings
The Giant of Marathon (co-director)
Esther and the King (co-directed with Raoul Walsh)
The White Warrior
[/QUOTE

I would love Bluray's of all of these Bava films. But i would really love a Bluray of Hercules in the Haunted World. OK i also would love to see Danger Diabolik come out on Bluray . I know it's a Paramount film but hopefully they license it out to someone .

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Any word yet on when the Kolchak movies will be shipping to the people who preordered them through the Kino site? It's approaching three months since I ordered it using paypal.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray October 30th from Kino Classics and Re:voir!

HALLELUJAH THE HILLS (1963)
A film by Adolfas Mekas

"Adolfas is someone to be reckoned with. He is a master in the field of pure invention." - Jean-Luc Godard

An irreverent burst of anarchic energy that wowed attendees of the 1963 New York Film Festival, HALLELUJAH THE HILLS is a landmark film of the New American Cinema, presented here in a new 2K restoration.

Bonus Features:
*Booklet essay by film historian John Pruitt

*HALLELUJAH THE VILLA (2006), an interview with Adolfas Mekas (27 minutes)

*THE FIRST NEW YORK FILM FESTIVAL (1963), a roundtable discussion with Adolfas Mekas, Joseph Losey, Richard Roud, and Amos Vogel

View attachment 47918
I saw this film in the 60's at the Village Theater in Claremont, California. I was fully engaged, entertained and amazed. I look forward to seeing it again now to see if I still feel the same way.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Any word yet on when the Kolchak movies will be shipping to the people who preordered them through the Kino site? It's approaching three months since I ordered it using paypal.
You should contact them. I ordered both Kolchak blu's from the Kino site on October 1, and had them in my hands a few days later.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I have contacted them. I preordered the two Kolchaks and Trilogy during the sale in September. When the Kolchaks were released, and I didn't receive them, I emailed them. They said they were going to ship the Kolchak discs when Trilogy was ready to ship to save shipping. Weeks ago, when I received Trilogy the receipt was marked "OOS" on the Kolchaks. I contacted them and they said that the Kolchaks were out of stock and they would ship them when they had them back in stock again. I don't understand why they would take my money for a preorder and not reserve a copy for me. Last time I asked in this thread, they said they didn't know when the Kolchaks were going to be in stock again and I had to be patient. It's been almost three months now, and they have never sent me an email with updates on what's going on. Meanwhile the discs are on sale over at Amazon.

KINO PLEASE GET ON THE BALL AND FILL THE ORDER I PAID FOR IN SEPTEMBER. If there is someone there I can speak to about it, please give me a contact. I got nowhere with the submission form on your site.

Last edited:

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Wonder if it has to do with the current replication woes that have hit a lot of labels.........my retailer can't get copies of LISBON and A MAN ALONE right now.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I am looking for a release date for the Kolchak movies. I preordered them and they haven't been released to me yet.

Never mind. This discussion isn't really supposed to be in this thread. But you can refer to the Kino FAQ here, which has some info: https://www.kinolorber.com/customer-service

They aren't shipping in order of the order dates. They shipped copies of the Kolchak movies to people who ordered them after I did. The problem was that they held off shipping the Kolchaks until Trilogy was released, but they didn't reserve copies of the Kolchaks for people who ordered both. By the time Trilogy came out, they had run out of stock on the Kolchaks. They shipped off plenty of stock to retailers.

In the past three months, I haven't received a single email from them apologizing and letting me know there was a delay, and even after I emailed them and asked, they still won't give any estimate about when my order will be filled. All I got was a receipt for Trilogy with OOS written next to the Kolchak titles.

I understand that there is a problem with replication right now. But it feels to me like I am at the bottom of their priority list. I think they are pushing new titles through replication before fulfilling the orders that they have already taken and been paid for just because Halloween is over. They're leaving customers like me holding the bag. That isn't right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks