What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (21 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon on 4KUHD!
Brand New HDR Dolby Vision Master!

April Fool’s Day (1986) Starring Deborah Foreman, Griffin O’Neal, Clayton Rohner, Jay Baker, Deborah Goodrich, Lloyd Berry, Leah Pinsent, Ken Olandt, Amy Steel & Tom Wilson – Shot by Charles Minsky (Pretty Woman) – Music by Charles Bernstein (Cujo) – Written by Danilo Bach (Beverly Hills Cop) – Directed by Fred Walton (When a Stranger Calls, The Rosary Murders).

AFD1.jpg

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Coming Soon on 4KUHD!
Brand New HDR Dolby Vision Master!

April Fool’s Day (1986) Starring Deborah Foreman, Griffin O’Neal, Clayton Rohner, Jay Baker, Deborah Goodrich, Lloyd Berry, Leah Pinsent, Ken Olandt, Amy Steel & Tom Wilson – Shot by Charles Minsky (Pretty Woman) – Music by Charles Bernstein (Cujo) – Written by Danilo Bach (Beverly Hills Cop) – Directed by Fred Walton (When a Stranger Calls, The Rosary Murders).

View attachment 218419

Foreman was quite a talented actress. A shame her career never really took off.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
The KLSC MARCH MADNESS SPRING SALE Continues! (Over 700 Titles)
https://kinolorber.com/collection/march-madness-sale-2024

And don’t forget to check our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE! (Over 85 Titles)
https://kinolorber.com/collection/while-supplies-last-sale

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
KLSC MM SPRING SALE Ends: Monday, April 22nd!

Note: The following titles will be available for a limited time (some very low stock) and will be removed from distribution soon. All 30 titles will be going out of print.

3 Bad Men
8 Million Ways to Die
23 Paces to Baker Street
100 Rifles
The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend
Boomerang
Boy on a Dolphin
Chosen Survivors
Compulsion
Daddy Long Legs
Daisy Kenyon
David and Bathsheba
Deadline U.S.A.
A Farewell to Arms (1957)
Fixed Bayonets!
Hangover Square
The House on 92nd Street
I, the Jury
The Laughing Policeman
Man on Fire
Mark of Zorro
Night People
No Highway in the Sky
One Million Years B.C.
Rawhide
Tristan & Isolde
Trouble Man
Western Union
What a Way to Go?
Yellow Sky

Purchase them while you can.

Spring Sale 2024_2.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

2019 4K Restoration by StudioCanal!

Are You Being Served? – The Movie (1977)
Starring John Inman, Mollie Sugden, Frank Thornton, Trevor Bannister, Wendy Richard, Arthur Brough, Nicholas Smith, Harold Bennett & Arthur English – Directed by Bob Kellett

1712415672535.png

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Starring John Inman, Mollie Sugden, Frank Thornton, Trevor Bannister, Wendy Richard, Arthur Brough, Nicholas Smith, Harold Bennett & Arthur English – Directed by Bob Kellett

View attachment 218872
I shall be getting this and I am unanimous in that! :D!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

View attachment 218872
I’m baffled why this would have any interest outside the U.K.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
There are a *lot* of US fans of Are You Being Served. My wife, who typically doesn't care for British comedy series, likes that one. That said - I'm not overly fond of the movie as it's a kind of half baked "greatest hits" of material from the series with "off" timing. And I'll purchase a copy anyway.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
There are a *lot* of US fans of Are You Being Served. My wife, who typically doesn't care for British comedy series, likes that one. That said - I'm not overly fond of the movie as it's a kind of half baked "greatest hits" of material from the series with "off" timing. And I'll purchase a copy anyway.

I agree that I wish parts of the film weren’t recycled bits from the series, but I think there’s still enough that’s new to keep it interesting. It’s also the last chance to see Mr. Grainger, as Arthur Brough died between the movie and the beginning of the next season. Not as funny as the series, but overall I still find it a fun look at familiar characters in a different way.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The KLSC MARCH MADNESS SPRING SALE Continues! (Over 700 Titles)
https://kinolorber.com/collection/march-madness-sale-2024

And don’t forget to check our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE! (Over 85 Titles)
https://kinolorber.com/collection/while-supplies-last-sale

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
KLSC MM SPRING SALE Ends: Monday, April 22nd!

Note: The following titles will be available for a limited time (some very low stock) and will be removed from distribution soon. All 30 titles will be going out of print.

3 Bad Men
8 Million Ways to Die
23 Paces to Baker Street
100 Rifles
The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend
Boomerang
Boy on a Dolphin
Chosen Survivors
Compulsion
Daddy Long Legs
Daisy Kenyon
David and Bathsheba
Deadline U.S.A.
A Farewell to Arms (1957)
Fixed Bayonets!
Hangover Square
The House on 92nd Street
I, the Jury
The Laughing Policeman
Man on Fire
Mark of Zorro
Night People
No Highway in the Sky
One Million Years B.C.
Rawhide
Tristan & Isolde
Trouble Man
Western Union
What a Way to Go?
Yellow Sky

Purchase them while you can.

View attachment 218822

Is the plan here to erase 20th Century-Fox from generational memory? That studio's entire classic catalog appears to be disappearing from the digital shelves of many retailers. Disney, for cryin ' out loud, release the Fox catalog to someone who gives a shit about it!

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Well, it ain't Monty Python, but it's a consistently amusing series that, where I live, was part of the Saturday night British comedy lineup on PBS back in the 80's.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Many UK television programmes have been imported to the colonies ... Doctor Who, Benny Hill, Doctor in The House and the Mini-series The Six Wives of Henry VIII have all been run on commercial television. In fact my local ABC affiliate runs edit Benny Hill shows on Saturdays nights and the sub-channel RetroTV runs very old episodes of Doctor Who.

The Public Broadcasting System (formerly National Educational Television) has very little US produced programming. Sunday nights especially are taken over entirely by UK dramas.

Here a Best of ... courtesy of a US pay channel

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming June 11th on 4KUHD!

SDR UHD Master by StudioCanal – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative!

Narrow Margin (1990)

DISC 1 (4KUHD):
• Audio Commentary by Cinematographer/Screenwriter/Director Peter Hyams
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Critic Peter Tonguette
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Audio
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles
DISC 2 (BLU-RAY):
• Audio Commentary by Cinematographer/Screenwriter/Director Peter Hyams
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Critic Peter Tonguette
• Making-of Featurette
• Selected Sound Bites & B-Rolls
• Theatrical Trailer
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Audio
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles
Color 97 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
From Peter Hyams, the acclaimed director of Busting, Capricorn One, Outland, Running Scared and Sudden Death, comes this suspenseful remake of the 1952 classic Richard Fleischer film noir. Screen legend Gene Hackman (The Package, Mississippi Burning) stars as an L.A. District Attorney attempting to take an unwilling murder witness (Anne Archer, Good Guys Wear Black) back to the United States to testify against a top-level mob boss. Frantically attempting to escape two deadly hitmen sent to silence her, they board a Vancouver-bound train only to find the killers are onboard with them. For the next 20 hours, as the train hurls through the beautiful but isolated Canadian wilderness, a deadly game of cat and mouse ensues in which their ability to tell a friend from foe is a matter of life and death. James B. Sikking (The Pelican Brief), J.T. Walsh (Needful Things), M. Emmet Walsh (Fletch), Susan Hogan (Phobia) and Harris Yulin (The Midnight Man) co-star in this action-packed thriller with top notch widescreen cinematography by writer/director Hyams.

1712502169420.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks