What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Monday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!

2020 UHD Master by StudioCanal!

THE LADYKILLERS (1955)
Starring Alec Guinness, Peter Sellers, Herbert Lom, Cecil Parker, Danny Green, Jack Warner, Frankie Howerd & Katie Johnson – Shot by Otto Heller (Peeping Tom, The Ipcress File) – Music by Tristram Cary (Quatermass and the Pit) – Written by William Rose (The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming) – Directed by Alexander Mackendrick (The Man in the White Suit, Sweet Smell of Success).

View attachment 213676
My particular hope on this one is that it appears in the proper AR.

Reactions: PMF

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 23rd!
https://kinolorber.com/product/starting-over

STARTING OVER (1979)
• Brand NEW HD Master – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Daniel Kremer and Howard S. Berger
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 105 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Screen legend Burt Reynolds (The Longest Yard) plays brilliantly against type as a low-key, contented magazine writer who tries to put his life back together after his wife (Candice Bergen, Soldier Blue) opts for independence as a singer-songwriter. Jill Clayburgh (Semi-Tough) plays the wacky nursery school teacher who tries to help him surmount the emotional hurdles, but it’ll be rough going: he’s still hung up on his ex-wife. Starting Over is sprinkled with charming comedy, from Bergen’s nails-on-a-chalkboard singing style to Reynolds’ near-nervous breakdown right in the middle of Bloomingdale’s department store. Crafted by world-renowned filmmakers—writer-producer James L. Brooks (Terms of Endearment), director Alan J. Pakula (Klute), cinematographer Sven Nykvist (Cries and Whispers) and composer Marvin Hamlisch (The Sting)—this delightful romantic comedy garnered 1979 Academy Award nominations for both iconic actresses, Bergen and Clayburgh.

738329266431.jpg

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Coming April 23rd!

STARTING OVER (1979)

Screen legend Burt Reynolds (The Longest Yard) plays brilliantly against type as a low-key, contented magazine writer who tries to put his life back together after his wife (Candice Bergen, Soldier Blue) opts for independence as a singer-songwriter. Jill Clayburgh (Semi-Tough) plays the wacky nursery school teacher who tries to help him surmount the emotional hurdles, but it’ll be rough going: he’s still hung up on his ex-wife. Starting Over is sprinkled with charming comedy, from Bergen’s nails-on-a-chalkboard singing style to Reynolds’ near-nervous breakdown right in the middle of Bloomingdale’s department store. Crafted by world-renowned filmmakers—writer-producer James L. Brooks (Terms of Endearment), director Alan J. Pakula (Klute), cinematographer Sven Nykvist (Cries and Whispers) and composer Marvin Hamlisch (The Sting)—this delightful romantic comedy garnered 1979 Academy Award nominations for both iconic actresses, Bergen and Clayburgh.

View attachment 213985

This is great news. This has to be one of the more underrated comedies of the 1970s with a very well-deserved Best Supporting Actress Academy Award nomination for Candice Bergen who almost steals the film right from under Burt Reynolds and Jill Clayburgh. James L. Brook's first feature film screenplay, co-written with director Alan J. Pakula, his next project would be "Terms of Endearment".

And for those who care about these things (although I don't get the obsession) this one comes with a cardboard slipcase.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
This is great news. This has to be one of the more underrated comedies of the 1970s with a very well-deserved Best Supporting Actress Academy Award nomination for Candice Bergen who almost steals the film right from under Burt Reynolds and Jill Clayburgh. James L. Brook's first feature film screenplay, co-written with director Alan J. Pakula, his next project would be "Terms of Endearment".

And for those who care about these things (although I don't get the obsession) this one comes with a cardboard slipcase.
Yeah. I've been waiting for this one for a real long time. And yes, this is the film where Candice Bergen came into her own as a comic actress. But though Mr. Reynolds and Ms. Clayburgh may have less showy roles, I think they're amazing in it.

The thing about slipcases, they puzzle me. They're not what I'd call collectible. I don't see any postings on ebay--" 5 Burt Reynolds slipcases MINT!" All they do is take up more shelf-space. Could it be they're trying to stop us from buying so much?

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Coming April 23rd!

STARTING OVER (1979)

View attachment 213985

Wow I have been waiting for Starting Over for years and was hoping this would eventually be released by KinoLorber. Definitely a Day One purchase for me.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren

They would nice if they were distinct from the other artwork, but they are almost always exactly the same. Just seems like such a waste… sure it makes the product look a LITTLE nicer, but come on, make them different.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Coming April 23rd!

STARTING OVER (1979)

View attachment 213985
Does anyone have a Valium ;)? ....

Robert Saccone

Premium
Yeah. I've been waiting for this one for a real long time. And yes, this is the film where Candice Bergen came into her own as a comic actress. But though Mr. Reynolds and Ms. Clayburgh may have less showy roles, I think they're amazing in it.

The thing about slipcases, they puzzle me. They're not what I'd call collectible. I don't see any postings on ebay--" 5 Burt Reynolds slipcases MINT!" All they do is take up more shelf-space. Could it be they're trying to stop us from buying so much?
I've loved this movie ever since I first saw it as teen when it was released. Love the scene when Clayburgh threatens to emasculate Reynolds in the street! Bergen was great too except for here cringeworthy singing. Maybe it was intentionally cringeworthy?

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I've loved this movie ever since I first saw it as teen when it was released. Love the scene when Clayburgh threatens to emasculate Reynolds in the street! Bergen was great too except for here cringeworthy singing. Maybe it was intentionally cringeworthy?
It was intentionally cringeworthy. For me, it was the funniest and most charming part of her performance, because the character she played clearly adored doing it, the singing that is. Her character put everything she ever loved or cared for into that horrendous screeching, and though it might have been abysmal, she was in seventh heaven. You could see it in her face. And though I've forgotten all the details of the relationships, I still remember that twinkle in Candice Bergen's eyes when she sang.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Deadly Circuit (1982) aka Mortelle Randonnée

Starring Isabelle Adjani, Michel Serrault, Stéphane Audran, Guy Marchand, Macha Méril, Jean-Claude Brialy, Geneviève Page & Sami Frey – Shot by Pierre Lhomme & Gilbert Duhalde – Music by Carla Bley – Screenplay by Michel Audiard & Jacques Audiard – Based on a Novel by Marc Behm – Directed by Claude Miller

1708790615985.png

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Deadly Circuit (1982) aka Mortelle Randonnée

Starring Isabelle Adjani, Michel Serrault, Stéphane Audran, Guy Marchand, Macha Méril, Jean-Claude Brialy, Geneviève Page & Sami Frey – Shot by Pierre Lhomme & Gilbert Duhalde – Music by Carla Bley – Screenplay by Michel Audiard & Jacques Audiard – Based on a Novel by Marc Behm – Directed by Claude Miller

View attachment 214033
I assume this will be the uncut 2 hour version?

Claude North

Second Unit
Coming April 23rd!

STARTING OVER (1979)

View attachment 213985
A brand new HD master? This film is going to look "bettah than evah!"

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD & Blu-ray!

Little Buddha (1993)
Starring Keanu Reeves, Bridget Fonda, Chris Isaak, Ruocheng Ying & Alex Wiesendanger – Shot by Vittorio Storaro – Music by Ryuichi Sakamoto – Screenplay by Rudy Wurlitzer & Mark Peploe – Story by Bernardo Bertolucci – Directed by Bernardo Bertolucci

To be released in selected theaters by Kino Lorber Repertory
https://kinolorber.com/list/kinolorberrepertory

1708876848861.png

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
OMG!!! Please, please, please be in the OAR! :unsure:
Mr. @Kino Lorber Insider do you know anything about it? In what aspect ratio the release will be?
Unfortunately the Imprint Blu-ray was again in the wrong one.
And they were saying it was a 4k scan of the original negative, so I'm afraid this will be the same, with that Storaro nonsense!

mskaye

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD & Blu-ray!

Little Buddha (1993)
Starring Keanu Reeves, Bridget Fonda, Chris Isaak, Ruocheng Ying & Alex Wiesendanger – Shot by Vittorio Storaro – Music by Ryuichi Sakamoto – Screenplay by Rudy Wurlitzer & Mark Peploe – Story by Bernardo Bertolucci – Directed by Bernardo Bertolucci

To be released in selected theaters by Kino Lorber Repertory
https://kinolorber.com/list/kinolorberrepertory

View attachment 214129

mskaye

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Kochman
variations of the Little Buddha key art over the years...Homeland being the most obvious...

Attachments

• 1461124856-clooney-cover.jpg
    1461124856-clooney-cover.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 11
  • homeland-s4-keyart_612x816-0d01123872cb4309a08e0165a9e5b396.jpg
    homeland-s4-keyart_612x816-0d01123872cb4309a08e0165a9e5b396.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 12

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Little Buddha is a film I know NOTHING about.

The Last Emperor was a visually stunning masterpiece for me. So glad to finally have it on my shelf in its OAR and HD.

Is Little Buddha, then, something I should check out?

JWC1969

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Little Buddha is a film I know NOTHING about.

The Last Emperor was a visually stunning masterpiece for me. So glad to finally have it on my shelf in its OAR and HD.

Is Little Buddha, then, something I should check out?
Visually stunning (Storaro). Great score (Ryuichi Sakamoto). Whether you'll love it is harder to say. I found it very affecting. But I'm sure some roll their eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trishy!
Recent bookmarks