What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (4 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another personal favorite Western Noir. The 2012 Olive Blu-ray's video presentation was mediocre at best so this will be a day one purchase for me. Scorsese loves this film and has an introduction to it on the previously released Blu-ray. Some people might say it's not quite on the level of "Blood on the Moon" but it's pretty close to me. A great cast of actors.

I hope Kino is able to get Alan K Rode to do the audio commentary as "Western Noirs" are especially his expertise. I enjoyed reading his book on "Blood on the Moon".

1708185795528.png

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Another personal favorite Western Noir. The 2012 Olive Blu-ray's video presentation was mediocre at best so this will be a day one purchase for me. Scorsese loves this film and has an introduction to it on the previously released Blu-ray. Some people might say it's not quite on the level of "Blood on the Moon" but it's pretty close to me. A great cast of actors.

I hope Kino is able to get Alan K Rode to do the audio commentary as "Western Noirs" are especially his expertise. I enjoyed reading his book on "Blood on the Moon".

View attachment 213470
I also hope they can get the Scorsese intro. Unless that’s owned by Olive.

On another note, is this a Warner Bros. Picture? I’ve never heard of “United States Pictures”. So who owns it?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I also hope they can get the Scorsese intro. Unless that’s owned by Olive.

On another note, is this a Warner Bros. Picture? I’ve never heard of “United States Pictures”. So who owns it?
Paramount owns it now. Warner distributed it United States Pictures was the independent production company for the film. Most of their films belong to Paramount. However, a few of their last films reside with Warner.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

2022 HD Master by Paramount – From a 4K of the 35mm Original Camera Negative

THE PROUD AND THE PROFANE (1956)
Starring William Holden, Deborah Kerr, Thelma Ritter, Dewey Martin, Marion Ross & Claude Akins – Shot by John F. Warren (Torn Curtain) – Music by Victor Young (The Quiet Man) – Written & Directed by George Seaton (Miracle on 34th Street, The Counterfeit Traitor, 36 Hours, Airport).

1708272153350.png

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Starring William Holden, Deborah Kerr, Thelma Ritter, Dewey Martin, Marion Ross & Claude Akins – Shot by John F. Warren (Torn Curtain) – Music by Victor Young (The Quiet Man) – Written & Directed by George Seaton (Miracle on 34th Street, The Counterfeit Traitor, 36 Hours, Airport).

View attachment 213532
I know nothing about it, but I predict Thelma Ritter steals every scene she's in.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

View attachment 213532
Fantastic news! Another Paramount film to cross off my wish list! Thanks, KL.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

View attachment 213532

Hopefully Paramount can find the Perspecta soundtrack.

Reactions: PMF

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Coming April 9th!
https://kinolorber.com/product/the-minus-man-special-edition

THE MINUS MAN (1999)
• Brand New HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Interpositive
• NEW Audio Commentary by Co-Writer/Director Hampton Fancher and Producer Fida Attieh, Moderated by Entertainment Journalist/Author Max Evry
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 111 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
When quiet, aimless and amiable Vann Siegert—a haunting Owen Wilson (Wedding Crashers)—drifts into town, no one suspects the evil that lies beneath the surface. Despite his easy charm, he is merely a reflection of what those who encounter him want him to be. The more Vann tries to make a go of his new life, the stronger the mysterious forces are that pull him in a darker direction. When locals start to disappear, it becomes clear that an eerie subtraction is at work among the lost and lonely of this sleepy, seaside hamlet. People look toward Vann, but no one can quite put their finger on who he really is. Through it all, he carries on a surreal dialogue with imaginary detectives who question his crimes and motives. Written and directed by Hampton Fancher (Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049) from the acclaimed novel by Lew McCreary, this unsettling and offbeat psychological thriller gazes unflinchingly into the mind of a serial killer. With Janeane Garofalo (Clay Pigeons), Brian Cox (Manhunter), Mercedes Ruehl (Married to the Mob), Dennis Haysbert (Far from Heaven) and music icons Dwight Yoakam (Sling Blade) and Sheryl Crow.

View attachment 212889
This sounds cool. Never seen it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Monday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!

2020 UHD Master by StudioCanal!

THE LADYKILLERS (1955)
Starring Alec Guinness, Peter Sellers, Herbert Lom, Cecil Parker, Danny Green, Jack Warner, Frankie Howerd & Katie Johnson – Shot by Otto Heller (Peeping Tom, The Ipcress File) – Music by Tristram Cary (Quatermass and the Pit) – Written by William Rose (The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming) – Directed by Alexander Mackendrick (The Man in the White Suit, Sweet Smell of Success).

1708359340599.png

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Great news to see The Ladykillers make it to UHD from Kino Lorber! I was worried it was stuck with Lionsgate as they did the old Blu-ray. Worth noting that KL did release three other big Alec Guinness/Ealing films a few years ago: Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Man in the White Suit, and The Lavender Hill Mob. A few others like the horror anthology Dead of Night.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 23rd!
https://kinolorber.com/product/monk-the-complete-sixth-season

MONK: THE COMPLETE SIXTH SEASON (2007-2008)
• All 16 Season Six Episodes – Newly Restored in 4K
• Audio Commentary for Mr. Monk Is Up All Night with Tony Shalhoub, Ted Levine, Jason Gray-Stanford, Executive Producer David Hoberman and Director/Executive Producer Randall Zisk
• 7 Video Commentaries:
Mr. Monk and His Biggest Fan with Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman (3:46)
Mr. Monk and the Naked Man with Writers Tom Gammill and Max Pross (5:14)
Mr. Monk and the Bad Girlfriend with Writer Joe Toplyn (2:50)
Mr. Monk and the Birds and the Bees with Writer Peter Wolk (4:12)
Mr. Monk and the Buried Treasure with Writer/Co-Executive Producer Jonathan Collier (1:55)
Mr. Monk and the Wrong Man with Writer Sal Savo (2:28)
Mr. Monk Is Up All Night with Writer David Breckman (2:33)
• Five Little Monk Webisodes
Little Monk and the Missing Bracelet (4:15)
Little Monk and the Business Boys (3:30)
Little Monk and the New Kid (4:18)
Little Monk and the Rubber Ball (4:13)
Little Monk and the Monk Cousin (4:48)
• Optional English Subtitles

Color Approx. 640 Minutes 1.78:1 Not Rated

Get even more obsessed with TV’s funniest and quirkiest detective, Monk, with all 16 episodes of the smash-hit sixth season on Blu-ray! The terrific Tony Shalhoub reprises his award-winning role as the brilliant but phobia-laden detective Adrian Monk, who never lets his obsessive-compulsive disorder stop him from solving a crime in the most ingenious way imaginable! Dropping the clues this season are a roster of red-hot guest stars including Dan Castellaneta, Snoop Dogg, Scott Glenn, John Hawkes, Angela Kinsey, David Koechner, Sharon Lawrence, Howie Mandel, Larry Miller, Alfred Molina, Sarah Silverman, Peter Stormare and many more. Take a tip from an insider: you’ll be “committed” to this compulsively watchable detective series!

738329266424.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarikulkhain
Recent bookmarks