What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (7 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Heat (1986)
Starring Burt Reynolds, Karen Young, Peter MacNicol, Howard Hesseman, Diana Scarwid, Joseph Mascolo, Deborah Rush & Joe Klecko – Shot by James A. Contner (Monkey Shines) – Music by Michael Gibbs (Hard Boiled) – Written by William Goldman (Misery) – Based on a Novel by William Goldman (Marathon Man) – Directed by Dick Richards (Farewell, My Lovely).

1670774534466.png

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Heat (1986)
Starring Burt Reynolds, Karen Young, Peter MacNicol, Howard Hesseman, Diana Scarwid, Joseph Mascolo, Deborah Rush & Joe Klecko – Shot by James A. Contner (Monkey Shines) – Music by Michael Gibbs (Hard Boiled) – Written by William Goldman (Misery) – Based on a Novel by William Goldman (Marathon Man) – Directed by Dick Richards (Farewell, My Lovely).

View attachment 166189

Good film! Boy remember the days when he ruled the box office!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Sorry my health is an issue if you know me thats the best I can do - 2 years of near death

Then, I am deeply sorry for my post and saddened to hear this from you. I am no stranger to senior health issues, and they are no laughing matter. Please accept my apologies. If you had mentioned your state in earlier posts, I guess I missed them

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Then, I am deeply sorry for my post and saddened to hear this from you. I am no stranger to senior health issues, and they are no laughing matter. Please accept my apologies. If you had mentioned your state in earlier posts, I guess I missed them
THANK U 6 facial surgeries 5 between 11/27/20-12/29/20 - 4/23.21 and they claimed 6=12 months healing not 2 years and still a mess == most here know my story and are my support system they have become my family love them all for being patient with me - I cannot work cannot eat drink meals have the entire world praying for me but I go to bed at night and say GOD if you are not going to heal me take me I OF COURSE ACCCEPT YOUR APOLOGY LOVE TO U! Now back to the wonderful KINO release news! By the way if you have not bought The Holly And The Ivy from Kino GRAB it a GREAT CHRISTMAS FILM!

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you haven't committed. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

I received my newest Kino Lorber order today, so it was their usual quick and reliable shipping in an actual box that protected the contents. Their service is without peer as a rule.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray February 14th from Kino Lorber and Raro Video!

Let's Hope It's a Girl (1986)
Directed by Mario Monicelli
Starring Catherine Deneuve, Liv Ullman, Philippe Noiret, Bernard Blier, Stefania Sandrelli

From legendary director Mario Monicelli (Big Deal on Madonna Street) comes the award-winning Let’s Hope It’s a Girl (1986), a coruscating battle-of-the-sexes comedy that won seven David di Donatello Awards including Best Film. Elena (Liv Ullman), after divorcing her ineffectual husband Leonardo (Philippe Noiret), takes over the family farm in Tuscany. Along with her sister Claudia (Catherine Deneuve) and a supportive group of other female relatives and employees, she gets the farm up and running again. When Leonardo returns, hoping to mansplain the right way to run a business, he is soon outclassed by Elena’s matriarchy. Let’s Hope It’s a Girl demonstrated the possibility of a form of female bonding between women who live, by choice, in a world without men.

Italian with optional English subtitles

LetsHopeitsaGirl_forsocial2.jpg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Coming to Blu-ray February 14th from Kino Lorber and Raro Video!

Let's Hope It's a Girl (1986)
Directed by Mario Monicelli
Starring Catherine Deneuve, Liv Ullman, Philippe Noiret, Bernard Blier, Stefania Sandrelli

From legendary director Mario Monicelli (Big Deal on Madonna Street) comes the award-winning Let’s Hope It’s a Girl (1986), a coruscating battle-of-the-sexes comedy that won seven David di Donatello Awards including Best Film. Elena (Liv Ullman), after divorcing her ineffectual husband Leonardo (Philippe Noiret), takes over the family farm in Tuscany. Along with her sister Claudia (Catherine Deneuve) and a supportive group of other female relatives and employees, she gets the farm up and running again. When Leonardo returns, hoping to mansplain the right way to run a business, he is soon outclassed by Elena’s matriarchy. Let’s Hope It’s a Girl demonstrated the possibility of a form of female bonding between women who live, by choice, in a world without men.

Italian with optional English subtitles

View attachment 166705
Ullmann! Deneuve! Sandrelli! I'm in!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray February 21st from Kino Classics!

The Werewolf of Washington (1973)
Directed by Milton Moses Ginsberg
Starring Dean Stockwell, Biff McGuire, Jane House, Clifton James, Nancy Andrews, Michael Dunn

Pre-order: https://kinolorber.com/product/the-w...ington-blu-ray

Watergate-era governmental corruption inspired this cinematic howl of anger from boundary-breaking auteur Milton Moses Ginsberg (Coming Apart). The Werewolf of Washington is a biting satire that savagely attacks beltway politics while paying playful homage to the wolfman pictures of the past. Dean Stockwell (Blue Velvet) stars as a presidential aide whose rise to power is exacerbated by the bite of a wolf, transforming him into a bloodthirsty beast with the rising of every full moon. As history has shown, a monster in the White House is not strictly a 1970s phenomenon, and so, half a century later, The Werewolf of Washington is as eviscerating and relevant as ever. This edition includes a special director’s cut prepared by Ginsberg shortly before his death in 2021, as well as a 2K restoration of the 1973 theatrical release version.

SPECIAL FEATURES
*2021 Director's Cut
*Original theatrical release version
*Interview with Milton Moses Ginsberg, by Jake Perlin
*A critical discussion with Simon Abrams and Sheila O'Malley
*Theatrical trailer
*TV Spot
*Optional English SDH subtitles

WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON blueband.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray February 21st from Kino Classics and Unseen Cinema!

Silent Avant-Garde
21 Experiments with Silent Film & New Music
Including work by Marcel Duchamp, Man Ray, Orson Welles, Mary Ellen Bute and many more!

Pre-order: https://kinolorber.com/product/silent-avant-garde

SILENT AVANT-GARDE offers an essential collection of 21 short art film experiments in HD to 5K scans made from 35mm and 16mm picture elements. Highlights include brand new digital restorations of classic experimental films, The Enchanted City (1922), Return to Reason (1923), Ballet Mechanique (1924, 1931), The Twenty-Four Dollar Island (1925), Eisenstein Mexican Footage (1930), Escape (1938), The Eclipse (1936-1949), Look Park (1973), and Tenga fe (2022). Each film features a brilliant accompaniment of original silent film music specially prepared, composed, improvised and/or performed by a master of experimental new music. SILENT AVANT-GARDE desires to focus on the creative possibilities of image, sound, and silence used in American-made experimental films of the 20th century.

THE FILMS:
TWENTY-FOUR DOLLAR ISLAND 1925, 14 min
EISENSTEIN MEXICAN FOOTAGE 1930, 5 min
ANÉMIC CINÉMA 1926, 7 min
PAS DE DEUX 1924, 4 min
VORKAPICH MONTAGE SEQUENCES 1928-1934, 5 min
A BRONX MORNING 1931, 14 min
LOOK PARK 1973, 10 min
LIFE AND DEATH OF 9413 1927, 14 min
HÄNDE 1927, 13 min
RETURN TO REASON 1923, 2 min
MANHATTA 1921, 12 min
BALLET MECHANIQUE 1924, 1931, 13 min
HEARTS OF AGE 1934, 8 min
ESCAPE 1938, 4 min
N.Y., N.Y. 1949-1958, 15 min
THE ECLIPSE 1936-1949, 21 min
TENGA FE 1906, 1922, 2022, 7 min
THE ENCHANTED CITY 1922, 12 min

ARTISTS-FILMMAKERS-DIRECTORS: Robert J. Flaherty, Sergei Eisenstein,
Grigori Alexandrov, Eduard Tisse, Rrose Sélavy (pseudonym for Marcel
Duchamp), Al Brick, Slavko Vorkapich, Jay Leyda, Ralph Steiner,
Robert Florey, Miklós Bándy, Stella Simon, Man Ray, Charles Sheeler,
Paul Strand, Fernand Léger, Dudley Murphy, William Vance,
Orson Welles, Mary Ellen Bute, Theodore Nemeth, Francis Thompson,
Joseph Cornell, George Melford, Bruce Posner, Charles Bryant,
Gaston Velle, and Warren A. Newcombe.

MUSICIANS-COMPOSERS-PERFORMERS: Donald Sosin, Gustavo
Matamoros, John Alden Carpenter, Ludwig van Beethoven, Jacob
Druckman, Jacques Offenbach, Carlos Dominguez, Alex Lough, Marc
Blitzstein, George Antheil, Guy Livingston, Paul Lehrman, Peter Breiner,
Charles Amirkhanian, Johann Sebastian Bach, Leopold Stokowski, Gene
Forrell, Rafael Audinot, Alberto de Bru, Cuarteto Caney, and Christian Wolff

SilentAvantGarde_BR.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray Feburary 28th from Kino Classics!

Maigret: Season 3 (1962)
Directed by Andrew Osborn, Terence Williams, John Harrison, John Elliot
Starring: Rupert Davies, Ewen Solon, Helen Shingler, Neville Jason

Pre-order: https://kinolorber.com/product/maigret-season-3

Long-awaited and unseen anywhere for decades, Georges Simenon's Maigret (1960–1963) is the definitive adaptation of Georges Simenon’s world-famous novels. This BBC television production stars Rupert Davies as Commissaire Jules Maigret, the dogged French detective. Though Simenon’s books have been adapted many times, Davies’s celebrated, BAFTA-winning portrayal won the approval of Simenon himself, who stated: “At last, I have found the perfect Maigret!” This three-disc set includes all 13 episodes of Season 3, in which Maigret reckons with “The Madman of Vervac,” “The Crooked Castle,” and various other vexing cases that only the moody Maigret can solve. Georges Simenon's Maigret has been remastered in High Definition from original film elements and is featured here in its original fullscreen TV format.

Special features:
*“Simenon on Simenon”: 2021 interview with Georges's son John Simenon
*The State of Maigret: Restoration Notes
*Trailer
*English with optional English SDH subtitles
*Limited Edition O-Card

MaigretS3_forsocial_with O-Card_2.jpg

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The BBC produced so much great stuff in this period. I’d love to see thoughts from someone familiar with this series.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray February 28th from Kino Classics!

ARSÈNE LUPIN COLLECTION (2 Discs):
THE ADVENTURES OF ARSÈNE LUPIN (1957)
SIGNED, ARSÈNE LUPIN (1959)
ARSÈNE LUPIN VS. ARSÈNE LUPIN (1962)

Directed by Jacques Becker, Yves Robert, Édouard Molinaro
Starring Robert Lamoureux, Liselotte Pulver, Alida Valli, Jean-Claude Brialy, Jean-Pierre Cassel, Françoise Dorléac

Pre-order: https://kinolorber.com/product/arse...ned-arsene-lupin-arsene-lupin-vs-arsene-lupin

THE ADVENTURES OF ARSÈNE LUPIN (1957)
Lupin engages in a series of daring criminal schemes. His activities arouse the interest of Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, who offers Lupin a challenge: to steal a jewel of great value from a secret hiding place. Should Lupin accept the wager? Starring Robert Lamoureux, Liselotte Pulver and O.E. Hasse; directed by Jacques Becker (Casque d’or, Touchez pas au grisbi).

SIGNED, ARSÈNE LUPIN (1959)

At the end of the Great War, Lupin resumes his mischievous lifestyle with zeal. The theft of three paintings committed by an adversary leads him to the mysterious treasure of the Golden Fleece. Starring Robert Lamoureux, Alida Valli and Jacques Dufilho; directed by Yves Robert (War of the Buttons, The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe).

ARSÈNE LUPIN VS. ARSÈNE LUPIN (1962)

Lupin is dead! And soon after he has been laid to rest, his two sons, François and Gérard, decide to go into their father’s profession in order to rescue some gems for a gorgeous princess. Starring Jean-Claude Brialy, Jean-Pierre Cassel and Françoise Dorléac; directed by Édouard Molinaro (Back to the Wall, La Cage aux Folles).

Special features:
*ARSÈNE LUPIN VS. ARSÈNE LUPIN Original Theatrical Trailer
*French with optional English subtitles
*Limited edition O-Card

Lupin_forsocial.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 7th!

Little Miss Marker (1934)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critic/Author Lee Gambin and Costume Historian Elissa Rose
• Optional English Subtitles

B&W 80 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
Young Marthy "Marky" Jane (Shirley Temple, Now and Forever) is left by her father as a makeshift marker for his $20 bet, but when he commits suicide, the little girl finds herself in the custody of his bookie, Sorrowful Jones (Adolphe Menjou, A Farewell to Arms). Although ill-equipped to be a parent, Jones is quickly charmed by Marky, who tries to persuade him to leave behind his work at the racetrack with his crooked boss, Big Steve Halloway (Charles Bickford, White Woman), and settle down with his girlfriend, Bangles Carson (Dorothy Dell, Wharf Angel). Little Miss Marker was directed by Alexander Hall (Torch Singer, Goin’ to Town) and was remade in 1949 as Sorrowful Jones, starring screen legends Bob Hope and Lucille Ball.

LITTLE_MISS_MARKER_flat.jpg

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Coming March 7th!

• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critic/Author Lee Gambin and Costume Historian Elissa Rose

Young Marthy "Marky" Jane (Shirley Temple, Now and Forever) is left by her father as a makeshift marker for his $20 bet, but when he commits suicide, the little girl finds herself in the custody of his bookie, Sorrowful Jones (Adolphe Menjou, A Farewell to Arms). Although ill-equipped to be a parent, Jones is quickly charmed by Marky, who tries to persuade him to leave behind his work at the racetrack with his crooked boss, Big Steve Halloway (Charles Bickford, White Woman), and settle down with his girlfriend, Bangles Carson (Dorothy Dell, Wharf Angel). Little Miss Marker was directed by Alexander Hall (Torch Singer, Goin’ to Town) and was remade in 1949 as Sorrowful Jones, starring screen legends Bob Hope and Lucille Ball.

View attachment 166969
More Bickford!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Coming March 7th!

View attachment 166969
That was heretofore in terrible shape. So excited to see it looking better

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks