What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (10 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

WHORE (1991)
Starring Theresa Russell, Benjamin Mouton, Antonio Fargas & Elizabeth Morehead – Shot by Amir Mokri (Blue Steel) – Music by Michael Gibbs (Hard Boiled) – Directed by Ken Russell (Women in Love, The Devils, Altered States, The Lair of the White Worm).

1668357282013.png

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 14th!

White Woman (1933)
• Brand New HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Fine Grain
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Allan Arkush and Film Historian/Filmmaker Daniel Kremer
• Optional English Subtitles

Screen greats Carole Lombard (Supernatural) and Charles Laughton (Devil and the Deep) star in the gripping Pre-Code drama about forbidden love, White Woman. The world of a widowed nightclub performer (the luminous Lombard) changes drastically when she agrees to marry a wealthy plantation owner (the larger-than-life Laughton). As the two begin their domestic life together on his remote Malaysian estate, she realizes the extent of his cruel and jealous nature. She soon finds herself drawn to another man but must keep their love secret to avoid the wrath of her husband. Hollywood ace Stuart Walker (The Eagle and the Hawk) directs and Charles Bickford (The Plainsman), Kent Taylor (I’m No Angel) and Percy Kilbride (The Egg and I) co-star in White Woman, which barrels to a white-knuckle climax set deep within in the dark heart of the jungle.

WHITE_WOMAN_flat.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I tossed in a couple of these noirs from the sale when I ordered The Diamond Wizard 3D last night (already got a shipping notice, too).

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 14th!

The Bride Wore Black (1968)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historians Julie Kirgo, Steven C. Smith & Nick Redman
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• In French with Optional English Subtitles

Color 107 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
Brilliant and daring, writer/director François Truffaut (The 400 Blows, Mississippi Mermaid) marries passion with vengeance for one of the most haunting love stories ever filmed. The incandescent Jeanne Moreau (Jules and Jim) is Julie, who has just wed her childhood sweetheart. But just moments after the ceremony, her beloved is murdered on the steps of the church. Emotionally distraught, Julie becomes obsessed with her bridegroom’s death and begins a descent into madness as she relentlessly pursues the men responsible. Adapted from Cornell Woolrich (Rear Window) and scored by Bernard Herrmann (Psycho), The Bride Wore Black unveils itself as a Hitchcockian thriller and gradually evolves into the fascinating portrait of a woman ravaged by grief. Featuring sumptuous cinematography by Raoul Coutard (Shoot the Piano Player) and pitch-black performances by Michel Bouquet, Jean-Claude Brialy, Charles Denner, Claude Rich, Daniel Boulanger, Michael Lonsdale and Alexandra Stewart.

Bride.jpg

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Coming February 14th!

The Bride Wore Black (1968)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historians Julie Kirgo, Steven C. Smith & Nick Redman
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• In French with Optional English Subtitles

No mention of a new master. Is this just a reissue of the Twilight Time copy, with burned-in (non-removable) subtitles?

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Coming February 14th!

White Woman (1933)
• Brand New HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Fine Grain
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Allan Arkush and Film Historian/Filmmaker Daniel Kremer
• Optional English Subtitles

Screen greats Carole Lombard (Supernatural) and Charles Laughton (Devil and the Deep) star in the gripping Pre-Code drama about forbidden love, White Woman. The world of a widowed nightclub performer (the luminous Lombard) changes drastically when she agrees to marry a wealthy plantation owner (the larger-than-life Laughton). As the two begin their domestic life together on his remote Malaysian estate, she realizes the extent of his cruel and jealous nature. She soon finds herself drawn to another man but must keep their love secret to avoid the wrath of her husband. Hollywood ace Stuart Walker (The Eagle and the Hawk) directs and Charles Bickford (The Plainsman), Kent Taylor (I’m No Angel) and Percy Kilbride (The Egg and I) co-star in White Woman, which barrels to a white-knuckle climax set deep within in the dark heart of the jungle.

View attachment 162409

One of my favorites; precode doesn't get much sleazier than this. Fun fact: The Anna May Wong film ISLAND OF LOST MEN is a highly-sanitized remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks