What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (17 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray October 25th from Kino Lorber and Milestone Film!

Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman Collection: Common Threads (1989), Where Are We? Our Trip Through America (1992), Paragraph 175 (2000)
2-Disc Set

For more than 30 years, Oscar®-winning directors Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman have borne powerful witness to gay life, creativity, and activism — documenting lost aspects of LGBTQ+ history and chronicling unfolding events with humor, compassion, and fierce urgency. The Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman Collection includes three of their most essential works in new restorations: Common Threads: Stories From the Quilt (1989, winner of the Academy Award® for Best Documentary Feature), Where Are We? Our Trip Through America (1992) and Paragraph 175 (2000).

Common Threads uses the NAMES Project Memorial Quilt to explore the cross-section of identities affected by HIV/AIDS, as well as efforts to combat the stigma, misinformation, and political obstruction that deepened the crisis. Where Are We? Our Trip Through America follows Epstein and Friedman as they chronicle an 18-day road trip through the red states from coast to coast. They interview a large variety of people along the way, stopping to ask them questions about their hopes and regrets. Paragraph 175 fills a crucial gap in the historical record by revealing the lasting consequences of the Nazi persecution of homosexuals.

Special Features:

DISC 1: Common Threads (1989, 80 minutes)
• Audio commentary by filmmakers Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman
• Vito Russo’s ACT UP Demonstration (1988)
Then and Now (1981-2004, directed by Epstein and Friedman, 43 minutes)
• Vito Russo – pre-interview footage
Greetings from Washington, D.C. (1983, 28 minutes)

DISC 2: Where Are We? Our Trip Through America (1992, 72 minutes) and Paragraph 175 (2000, 78 minutes)
Where Are We? Deleted Scenes (with optional audio commentary)
Paragraph 175 audio commentary by Epstein and Friedman
Paragraph 175: Additional interviews with Holocaust survivors Phillippe Swab and Kitty Fisher
Paragraph 175 Original Trailer

Epstein-FriedmanCollection_BR.jpg

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray October 25th from Kino Lorber and Milestone Film!

Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman Collection: Common Threads (1989), Where Are We? Our Trip Through America (1992), Paragraph 175 (2000)
2-Disc Set

For more than 30 years, Oscar®-winning directors Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman have borne powerful witness to gay life, creativity, and activism — documenting lost aspects of LGBTQ+ history and chronicling unfolding events with humor, compassion, and fierce urgency. The Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman Collection includes three of their most essential works in new restorations: Common Threads: Stories From the Quilt (1989, winner of the Academy Award® for Best Documentary Feature), Where Are We? Our Trip Through America (1992) and Paragraph 175 (2000).

Common Threads uses the NAMES Project Memorial Quilt to explore the cross-section of identities affected by HIV/AIDS, as well as efforts to combat the stigma, misinformation, and political obstruction that deepened the crisis. Where Are We? Our Trip Through America follows Epstein and Friedman as they chronicle an 18-day road trip through the red states from coast to coast. They interview a large variety of people along the way, stopping to ask them questions about their hopes and regrets. Paragraph 175 fills a crucial gap in the historical record by revealing the lasting consequences of the Nazi persecution of homosexuals.

Special Features:

DISC 1: Common Threads (1989, 80 minutes)
• Audio commentary by filmmakers Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman
• Vito Russo’s ACT UP Demonstration (1988)
Then and Now (1981-2004, directed by Epstein and Friedman, 43 minutes)
• Vito Russo – pre-interview footage
Greetings from Washington, D.C. (1983, 28 minutes)

DISC 2: Where Are We? Our Trip Through America (1992, 72 minutes) and Paragraph 175 (2000, 78 minutes)
Where Are We? Deleted Scenes (with optional audio commentary)
Paragraph 175 audio commentary by Epstein and Friedman
Paragraph 175: Additional interviews with Holocaust survivors Phillippe Swab and Kitty Fisher
Paragraph 175 Original Trailer

View attachment 149650
EXCELLENT! A very exciting and welcome announcement!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming November 22nd!

The Blood Beast Terror (1968)
• 2012 2K Restoration
• NEW Audio Commentary by Novelist/Critic Kim Newman and Writer/Editor Stephen Jones
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 87 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
A classically told monster movie directed by Vernon Sewell (The Crimson Cult, Burke & Hare), The Blood Beast Terror is set in motion when mutilated bodies begin appearing in the English countryside, drained of blood. Horror icon Peter Cushing (The Flesh and the Fiends, House of the Long Shadows) stars as Detective Inspector Quennell, brought in to investigate the deaths. He consults entomology professor Mallinger (Robert Flemyng, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock), but the doctor seems to be hiding a dark secret about his fetching young daughter, Clare (Wanda Ventham, Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter). The deeper Quennell digs into their story, the bloodier the violence, until he discovers a terrifying truth about Mallinger’s experiments that is only revealed in the gruesome final reel. Hearkening back to the classics of Universal Pictures, The Blood Beast Terror offers terrific performances and special effects, and slowly builds to its skin-crawling climax.

BBT.jpg

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
Coming November 22nd!

The Blood Beast Terror (1968)
• 2012 2K Restoration
• NEW Audio Commentary by Novelist/Critic Kim Newman and Writer/Editor Stephen Jones
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase

Color 87 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
A classically told monster movie directed by Vernon Sewell (The Crimson Cult, Burke & Hare), The Blood Beast Terror is set in motion when mutilated bodies begin appearing in the English countryside, drained of blood. Horror icon Peter Cushing (The Flesh and the Fiends, House of the Long Shadows) stars as Detective Inspector Quennell, brought in to investigate the deaths. He consults entomology professor Mallinger (Robert Flemyng, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock), but the doctor seems to be hiding a dark secret about his fetching young daughter, Clare (Wanda Ventham, Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter). The deeper Quennell digs into their story, the bloodier the violence, until he discovers a terrifying truth about Mallinger’s experiments that is only revealed in the gruesome final reel. Hearkening back to the classics of Universal Pictures, The Blood Beast Terror offers terrific performances and special effects, and slowly builds to its skin-crawling climax.

View attachment 150009
Looks like Christopher Lee on one of those Reversible Art covers . He is not in the film !!!!!!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
The 50th Annual Saturn Awards Nominations Were Just Released!

KL Studio Classics received 11 Nominations in 4 Categories. The Winners will be announced October 25, 2022.

Classic Film Release:
• The Incredible Shrinking Man (Criterion)
Master of the World (Special Edition) (Kino Lorber)
The Secret of the Blue Room (Kino Lorber)
Theatre of Blood (Kino Lorber)
Village of the Giants (Kino Lorber)
• The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm (Warner Archive)

Television Series Release:
• The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Season 1 & 2 (MPI Home Video)
• Chucky, Season 1 (Universal)
• Creepshow, Season 2 (RLJ Entertainment)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker, The Complete Series (Kino Lorber)
Night Gallery: Season One (Kino Lorber)
• The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Shout Factory)

Film Collection Release:
• The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection Volume 2 (Universal)
• The Ghost Ship / Bedlam Double Feature (Warner Archive)
Francis The Talking Mule 7 Film Collection (Kino Lorber)
• The Godfather Trilogy 4K (Paramount)
• Shawscope, Volume One (Arrow)
• Universal Classic Monsters – Icons of Horror Collection 4K (Universal)

4K Special Edition Film Release:
• Blood for Dracula (Severin)
• Everything, Everywhere All at Once (Lionsgate)
A Fistful of Dollars (Kino Lorber)
• Flesh for Frankenstein (Vinegar Syndrome)
For a Few Dollars More (Kino Lorber)
The Great Escape (Kino Lorber)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Kino Lorber)

View attachment 148808

Just curious. Was Master of the World the only AIP title released with stereo sound? I don't remember any others.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming November 8th on Blu-ray!

Fancy Pants (1950)
• Remastered in HD by Paramount Pictures – From 4K Scans of the 35mm YCM Three-Strip Technicolor Elements
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 92 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
Well, fancy that! Screen legends Bob Hope (The Paleface) and Lucille Ball (Sorrowful Jones) join forces in a Technicolor remake of Ruggles of Red Gap and let loose a stampede of laughs. Wisecracking Bob is a teddibly, teddibly British valet brought to the Old West to teach Old World charms to a certain redheaded tomboy. Of course, Bob’s not really a valet. He’s an out-of-work actor who’s stumbled across the role of his life. It’s tea at 4:00 p.m. and don’t fan your soup with your hat, but will proper etiquette protect Bob from Lucy’s jilted beau? Directed by Hollywood great George Marshall (The Ghost Breakers, Murder, He Says), Fancy Pants is the rootin’-shootin’ musical farce that’s driving the West wild! Co-starring western great, Bruce Cabot (Big Jake).

FANCY_PANTS_flat.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw Fancy Pants when I was very young in a repertory cinema, long since closed, and I've never seen the film again. Is it any good?

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I saw Fancy Pants when I was very young in a repertory cinema, long since closed, and I've never seen the film again. Is it any good?
Yes, it's a very fun film with laugh out loud moments. Bob and Lucy are excellent. I've seen it numerous times over the years, unfortunately, not on the big screen as you did. And this Blu-ray should look gorgeous with 4K Scans of the 35mm YCM Three-Strip Technicolor elements. Really looking forward to this one Kino! Thank you.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yes, it's a very fun film with laugh out loud moments. Bob and Lucy are excellent. I've seen it numerous times over the years, unfortunately, not on the big screen as you did. And this Blu-ray should look gorgeous with 4K Scans of the 35mm YCM Three-Strip Technicolor elements. Really looking forward to this one Kino! Thank you.
Yes, if Robert Harris or any of our esteemed and reliable reviewers confirm that the picture quality is excellent, I'll probably buy this disc.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2022 HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Fine Grain!

Hell is for Heroes (1962)
Starring Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Bobby Darin, Fess Parker, Harry Guardino, Bob Newhart, Nick Adams, Mike Kellin & L.Q. Jones – Shot by Harold Lipstein (None But the Brave) – Music by Leonard Rosenman (Barry Lyndon) – Screenplay by Robert Pirosh (Battleground) & Richard Carr (Too Late Blues) – Directed by Don Siegel (Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Charlie Varrick, Escape from Alcatraz).

1661612471691.png

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Another fine Paramount film with one of McQueen's best acting performances.
From Wikipedia (make of it what you will):

"McQueen was reportedly furious with his agent for having induced him to sign onto the film and not securing the fee that he had been promised up front and for passing on another movie that he wanted. Thus, his angry, detached "loner" look may not have been entirely due to his method acting. Columnist James Bacon visited the set and said that "Steve McQueen is his own worst enemy". Bobby Darin overheard the remark and replied, "Not while I'm still alive."

I've not seen the film myself (war films and prison films are my least favorite genre) but I just may check this one out.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2022 HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Fine Grain!

Hell is for Heroes (1962)
Starring Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Bobby Darin, Fess Parker, Harry Guardino, Bob Newhart, Nick Adams, Mike Kellin & L.Q. Jones – Shot by Harold Lipstein (None But the Brave) – Music by Leonard Rosenman (Barry Lyndon) – Screenplay by Robert Pirosh (Battleground) & Richard Carr (Too Late Blues) – Directed by Don Siegel (Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Charlie Varrick, Escape from Alcatraz).
You all can thank me. i just bought the DVD earlier in the week. It hasn't even arrived yet. I gave up too soon on waiting for a blu.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Two great announcements. Love both films. I think Hell is For Heroes is way underrated. So many great performances from McQueen to Coburn to Bobby Darin and so forth. I hope KL include a commentary for HIFH.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Two great announcements. Love both films. I think Hell is For Heroes is way underrated. So many great performances from McQueen to Coburn to Bobby Darin and so forth. I hope KL include a commentary for HIFH.
It will include a NEW Audio commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Steve Mitchell and Combat Films: American Realism Author Steven Jay Rubin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks