What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (9 Viewers)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming November 29th!

Remastered in HD by Paramount Pictures – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Fine Grain!

Peking Express (1951)
Starring Joseph Cotten, Corinne Calvet, Edmund Gwenn & Benson Fong – Shot by Charles Lang (Sudden Fear) – Directed by William Dieterle (Portrait of Jennie, The Turning Point).

May be an image of 1 person and text
I never seen this Paramount movie beforehand so I'm looking forward to purchasing this Blu-ray. A remake of Shanghai Express.
Peking Express is a new one to me. Can't wait.
I don't think I've ever seen Peking Express either but as I like the cast, I'm interested.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I never seen this Paramount movie beforehand so I'm looking forward to purchasing this Blu-ray. A remake of Shanghai Express.
variety quoted on wikipedia SOUNDS very interesting! Peking Express was reviewed in Variety. The review stated, "... An excellent coating of intrigue and action against an Oriental background provides Peking Express with enough thriller melodramatics to satisfy action-minded audiences."[5] In a November 1952 The Hollywood Reporter news item, Peking Express was withdrawn from exhibition in India, after China protested.[2]

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming November 29th!

Remastered in HD by Paramount Pictures – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Fine Grain!

Peking Express (1951)
Starring Joseph Cotten, Corinne Calvet, Edmund Gwenn & Benson Fong – Shot by Charles Lang (Sudden Fear) – Directed by William Dieterle (Portrait of Jennie, The Turning Point).

May be an image of 1 person and text
YES! I stand to be corrected but I don't believe this was ever released on laser disc or DVD so I'm very excited. Another title from KL making its physical media debut. Thank you, Kino Lorber!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Joseph Cotten and Edmund Gwenn, in a Hal Wallis production, directed by William Dieterle? Kino, just take my money! 💸
Cotton at the top of his game and Gwenn still in demand after Miracle On 34th Street

Last edited:

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I recently picked up a digital version of Peking Express on itunes. It was under $5 at the time. Still haven't watched it. I will probably wait to get this Bluray before i indulge.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!

Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision & SDR Masters!

The Longest Yard (1974)
Starring Burt Reynolds, Eddie Albert, Ed Lauter, Bernadette Peters, Michael Conrad, Richard Kiel, James Hampton, Charles Tyner, Mike Henry, Anitra Ford, Joe Kapp, Ray Nitschke & Robert Tessier – Shot by Joseph F. Biroc (The Towering Inferno) – Music by Frank De Vol (Hustle) – Screenplay by Tracy Keenan Wynn (The Drowning Pool) – Directed by Robert Aldrich (The Dirty Dozen).

Oscar Nominee: Best Film Editing (Michael Luciano, The Flight of the Phoenix)

1661094046311.png

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Superb...another Imprint-only title that is being brought to the U.S. I wonder if any of Imprint's bonus features will be included.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 25th from Scorpion Releasing and Kino Lorber!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-sporting-club-blu-ray-1

THE SPORTING CLUB (1971)
• Brand NEW 4K Restoration by StudioCanal
NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Filmmaker Daniel Kremer
NEW Interview with Director Larry Peerce
NEW Interview with Co-Star Nicolas Coster
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 107 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
From Larry Peerce, the acclaimed director of One Potato, Two Potato, Goodbye Columbus, The Incident, Ash Wednesday, The Other Side of the Mountain and Two-Minute Warning, comes this jet-black satire that takes a brilliant and bloody look at power, hypocrisy and corruption. The Centennial Club: a rich man’s paradise, where he can get away from business, his wife and the “lower” classes. The very select membership limits itself to those bred to rule—the American Royalty. When the current members of the club meet for a 100-year anniversary celebration, one of the younger men decides it’s time to “purify” the membership. His plan takes shape as the opening of a time capsule sets off a wild party and men suddenly revert to a savage animal level. Starring Robert Fields (They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?), Maggie Blye (The Italian Job), Nicolas Coster (The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper), Jack Warden (The White Buffalo) and Linda Blair (Savage Streets), it’s a film of disturbing yet insightful surprises!

Also Available on DVD!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-sporting-club-blu-ray

738329260422.jpg

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!

Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision & SDR Masters!

The Longest Yard (1974)
Starring Burt Reynolds, Eddie Albert, Ed Lauter, Bernadette Peters, Michael Conrad, Richard Kiel, James Hampton, Charles Tyner, Mike Henry, Anitra Ford, Joe Kapp, Ray Nitschke & Robert Tessier – Shot by Joseph F. Biroc (The Towering Inferno) – Music by Frank De Vol (Hustle) – Screenplay by Tracy Keenan Wynn (The Drowning Pool) – Directed by Robert Aldrich (The Dirty Dozen).

Oscar Nominee: Best Film Editing (Michael Luciano, The Flight of the Phoenix)

View attachment 149479
Wonderful news. Thank you, Kino! Finally able to upgrade from a DVD.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Wonderful news. Thank you, Kino! Finally able to upgrade from a DVD.

The Longest Yard was one of the most memorable moviegoing experiences of my life . For those of you too young to have seen it in theatres ( or the lukewarm remake) , the final game had audiences cheering and howling like they were at a real football game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks