What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (7 Viewers)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in November!

2020 HD Master by Paramount – 4K Scan of the Original 35mm Camera Negative

Detective Story (1951)
Starring Kirk Douglas, Eleanor Parker, William Bendix, Cathy O’Donnell, George Macready, Horace McMahon, Gladys George, Joseph Wiseman, Lee Grant, Gerald Mohr & Frank Faylen – Shot by Lee Garmes (Scarface) – Co-Written by Philip Yordan (The Big Combo) – Co-Written, Produced & Directed by William Wyler (The Desperate Hours, The Big Country, Ben-Hur).

Nominated for 4 Oscars: Actress (Parker), Supporting Actress (Grant), Director (Wyler) & Screenplay (Yordan, Wyler).

View attachment 148479
Surprised NOT one company has released a expansive William Wyler box set across all studios he ranks as a true giant in film

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What forum should I put it in??
This thread is for Kino Announcements and reaction to only those Announcements. Any film title suggestions are not permitted in this thread. I have posted this same warning numerous times. Please, no further comments, just adhere to this warning. Thank you.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 25th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-counterfeit-traitor-4k-uhd

THE COUNTERFEIT TRAITOR (1962)
• Remastered in HD by Paramount Pictures – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Writer Julie Kirgo
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 140 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
The stakes were never higher or more dangerous for Eric Erickson, an American businessman turned Swedish oil-trader, brilliantly portrayed by screen great William Holden (Stalag 17, The Devil's Brigade) in The Counterfeit Traitor. Erickson finds his life and fortunes held hostage when he’s blackmailed by British agents and forced into the perilous arena of World War II espionage. Spectacularly filmed in Berlin, Hamburg, Stockholm and Copenhagen, this taut, real-life spy thriller transports you to the center of one of the world’s greatest conflicts. Directed by the versatile George Seaton (Miracle on 34th Street, 36 Hours) with an incredible international cast that includes Lilli Palmer (Body and Soul), Hugh Griffith (The Wild Heart), Carl Raddatz (The Great Sacrifice), Ernst Schröder (The Man Between), Wolfgang Preiss (The Train), Klaus Kinski (For a Few Dollars More) and Eva Dahlbeck (Smiles of a Summer Night).

738329260736.jpg

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I recently picked up the Kritzerland CD of Alfred Newman’s score for this film (though I have yet to actually listen to it). Looking forward to seeing a good quality version of the film since all the reviews I’ve read suggest it’s very good.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Coming October 25th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-counterfeit-traitor-4k-uhd

THE COUNTERFEIT TRAITOR (1962)
• Remastered in HD by Paramount Pictures – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Writer Julie Kirgo
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 140 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
The stakes were never higher or more dangerous for Eric Erickson, an American businessman turned Swedish oil-trader, brilliantly portrayed by screen great William Holden (Stalag 17, The Devil's Brigade) in The Counterfeit Traitor. Erickson finds his life and fortunes held hostage when he’s blackmailed by British agents and forced into the perilous arena of World War II espionage. Spectacularly filmed in Berlin, Hamburg, Stockholm and Copenhagen, this taut, real-life spy thriller transports you to the center of one of the world’s greatest conflicts. Directed by the versatile George Seaton (Miracle on 34th Street, 36 Hours) with an incredible international cast that includes Lilli Palmer (Body and Soul), Hugh Griffith (The Wild Heart), Carl Raddatz (The Great Sacrifice), Ernst Schröder (The Man Between), Wolfgang Preiss (The Train), Klaus Kinski (For a Few Dollars More) and Eva Dahlbeck (Smiles of a Summer Night).

View attachment 148727
From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative: that's what I was hoping for! Many thanks. (I'm assuming the OCN for a 1962 movie will have been looked after properly)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
The 50th Annual Saturn Awards Nominations Were Just Released!

KL Studio Classics received 11 Nominations in 4 Categories. The Winners will be announced October 25, 2022.

Classic Film Release:
• The Incredible Shrinking Man (Criterion)
Master of the World (Special Edition) (Kino Lorber)
The Secret of the Blue Room (Kino Lorber)
Theatre of Blood (Kino Lorber)
Village of the Giants (Kino Lorber)
• The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm (Warner Archive)

Television Series Release:
• The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Season 1 & 2 (MPI Home Video)
• Chucky, Season 1 (Universal)
• Creepshow, Season 2 (RLJ Entertainment)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker, The Complete Series (Kino Lorber)
Night Gallery: Season One (Kino Lorber)
• The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Shout Factory)

Film Collection Release:
• The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection Volume 2 (Universal)
• The Ghost Ship / Bedlam Double Feature (Warner Archive)
Francis The Talking Mule 7 Film Collection (Kino Lorber)
• The Godfather Trilogy 4K (Paramount)
• Shawscope, Volume One (Arrow)
• Universal Classic Monsters – Icons of Horror Collection 4K (Universal)

4K Special Edition Film Release:
• Blood for Dracula (Severin)
• Everything, Everywhere All at Once (Lionsgate)
A Fistful of Dollars (Kino Lorber)
• Flesh for Frankenstein (Vinegar Syndrome)
For a Few Dollars More (Kino Lorber)
The Great Escape (Kino Lorber)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Kino Lorber)

738329255817_back.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 25th on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-usual-suspects-4kuhd-4k-uhd
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-usual-suspects-special-edition-blu-ray

THE USUAL SUSPECTS (1996)

DISC 1 (4KUHD):

• Brand NEW HDR/Dolby Vision Master From a 16bit 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative – Color Graded and Approved by Cinematographer Newton Thomas Sigel
• Audio Commentary by Director Bryan Singer and Writer Christopher McQuarrie
• Audio Commentary by Editor/Composer John Ottman
• 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc

DISC 2 (Blu-ray):
• Brand NEW 4K Master – Color Graded and Approved by Cinematographer Newton Thomas Sigel
• Audio Commentary by Director Bryan Singer and Writer Christopher McQuarrie
• Audio Commentary by Editor/Composer John Ottman
The Devil in the Details: NEW Interview with Cinematographer Newton Thomas Sigel (16:32)
Pursuing the Suspects (24:57)
Doin’ Time with the Suspects (26:46)
Keyser Söze: Lie or Legend (18:36)
• Interview with John Ottman (17:43)
• Original EPK Making-of Featurette (6:40)
• Heisting Cannes with The Usual Suspects (4:14)
• Deleted Scenes – Hosted by John Ottman (9:23)
• Gag Reel with Intro (7:11)
• Cast & Crew Interview Outtakes (3:01)
• U.S. Theatrical Trailer with Intro by John Ottman (3:45)
• International Trailer (2:23)
• TV Spots (3:25)
• 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc

Color 106 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
Winner of two Academy Awards for Original Screenplay (McQuarrie) and Supporting Actor (Spacey), this masterful neo-noir enraptured audiences with its twisting storyline, tour-de-force performances and jaw-dropping climax. “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist,” says con man Verbal Kint, drawing a comparison to the most enigmatic criminal of all time, Keyser Söze. Kint attempts to convince the feds that the mythic crime lord not only exists, but is also responsible for drawing Kint and his four partners into a multimillion-dollar heist that ended with an explosion in San Pedro Harbor—leaving few survivors. But as Kint draws his interrogators into the incredible story of Söze’s almost supernatural prowess, so too will you be drawn into The Usual Suspects—one of the most gripping and diabolically clever thrillers of the ’90s. Written by Christopher McQuarrie (Top Gun: Maverick), directed by Bryan Singer (X-Men) and featuring a legendary lineup of actors: Gabriel Byrne, Benicio del Toro, Kevin Spacey, Chazz Palminteri, Stephen Baldwin, Kevin Pollak, Pete Postlethwaite, Suzy Amis, Giancarlo Esposito, Dan Hedaya, Paul Bartel, Clark Gregg and Peter Greene in an uncredited role as Redfoot the Fence.

738329260705.jpg

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I recently picked up the Kritzerland CD of Alfred Newman’s score for this film (though I have yet to actually listen to it). Looking forward to seeing a good quality version of the film since all the reviews I’ve read suggest it’s very good.
I can only tell you it was a key title for me in all my Paramount releases - I went after it with ZEAL :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming November 29th!

Remastered in HD by Paramount Pictures – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Fine Grain!

Peking Express (1951)
Starring Joseph Cotten, Corinne Calvet, Edmund Gwenn & Benson Fong – Shot by Charles Lang (Sudden Fear) – Directed by William Dieterle (Portrait of Jennie, The Turning Point).

May be an image of 1 person and text

Camps

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
I've already got the streaming video which I purchased from Paramount (via Amazon) years ago -- but I will happily upgrade to this blu ray. I'm a sucker for having physical discs of Cold War classics -- like the forthcoming Girl in the Kremlin (and thanks again for bringing us that, KL!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpj23
Recent bookmarks