What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (4 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

2018 HD Master by Paramount Pictures – From a 4K Scan of 35mm Original Camera Negative

The Counterfeit Traitor (1962)
Starring William Holden, Lilli Palmer, Hugh Griffith, Ingrid van Bergen, Wolfgang Preiss, Werner Peters, Erica Beer & Klaus Kinski – Shot by Jean Bourgoin (Black Orpheus, The Longest Day) – Music by Alfred Newman (Nevada Smith, Airport) – Written, Produced & Directed by George Seaton (Miracle on 34th Street, 36 Hours).

1655564451321.png

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

2018 HD Master by Paramount Pictures – From a 4K Scan of 35mm Original Camera Negative

Starring William Holden, Lilli Palmer, Hugh Griffith, Ingrid van Bergen, Wolfgang Preiss, Werner Peters, Erica Beer & Klaus Kinski – Shot by Jean Bourgoin (Black Orpheus, The Longest Day) – Music by Alfred Newman (Nevada Smith, Airport) – Written, Produced & Directed by George Seaton (Miracle on 34th Street, 36 Hours).

View attachment 142095
The film has a great score by Alfred Newman and the stereo soundtrack CD is still available from Kritzerland.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
The title was chosen by curators Maggie Hennefeld, Laura Horak and Elif Rongen-Kaynakçi.
I think that the title suggests militant modern political feminism, which I personally despise and which is why it will have a strong negative connotation with some. But regardless of the title, it looks like this is a fantastic release and Kino-Lorber deserves the highest praise for Box Sets like this. I love Box Sets. Thank you.

PaulRossen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Rossen
Was disappointed with the Imprint release. Thought the film looked washed out. Sound was good. Hopeful that the Kino version will be better.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Can't wait! Saw this many times when it first came out. The most entertaining of Terence Hill & Bud Spencer's many pairings.
I never saw this one that I can remember, and you'd think with these guys I would remember. You had me at Eli Wallach, Terence Hill and Bud Spencer. Of course the Trinity series was my first exposure to Terence and Buds great personas. Add in Eli and with decent writing...it's gotta be fun!!!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

View attachment 142095
I have the DVD of course, but if the Blu-ray disc is reported to be a substantial upgrade - and coming off a 4k scan of the OCN, it had better be pretty well perfect - my credit card will spring to action! In my opinion, this is a marvellous movie.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Coming Soon!

PARAVISION DREAMS: THE GOLDEN AGE 3-D FILMS OF PINE AND THOMAS

This collection includes three classic 3-D films in glorious Technicolor. SANGAREE (1953) – Fernando Lamas stars as Dr. Carlos Morales, son of an indentured servant, who rises to power in the state of Georgia shortly after the Revolutionary War. Romance, political intrigue and a plague outbreak in Savannah highlight this lush historical drama. Co-starring Arlene Dahl and Patricia Medina. THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE (1953) – Four ruby-haired, golden-voiced young women arrive in Alaskan Gold Rush territory to help their father run his newspaper—only to find him murdered. The Klondike gets all fired up as these redheads get work at a salon and search for the killer. Starring Rhonda Fleming, Gene Barry and Agnes Moorehead. JIAVARO (1954) – Fernando Lamas and Rhonda Fleming team up for this romantic and thrilling adventure, also known as Lost Treasure of the Amazon. Alice Parker (Fleming) arrives at the Brazilian trading outpost of Rio Galdez (Lamas) in search of her fiancé (Richard Denning), an alcoholic engineer who has ventured into treacherous headhunter country on a quest for gold. Co-starring Brian Keith, Rita Moreno and Lon Chaney Jr. 3-D Restorations by 3-D Film Archive.

DISC 1: SANGAREE (1953)

Special Features:

• January 25, 1955 Lux Radio Theatre adaptation with Arlene Dahl and Cesar Romero
• Before/After Restoration Demo
• 3-D and 2-D Release Trailers

DISC 2: THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE (1953)

Special Features:

• Audio Commentary by Film Historians Hillary Hess, Greg Kintz, Jack Theakston and Bob Furmanek
• 2006 Interview with Rhonda Fleming
• Before/After Restoration Demo
• Theatrical Trailer

DISC 3: JIVARO (1954)

Special Features:

• Audio commentary with Mike Ballew, Hillary Hess, Greg Kintz and Jack Theakston
• JIVARO: A Shot by Shot Stereoscopic Analysis (8:24)
• Theatrical Trailer

View attachment 142050

I suppose I shouldn't have to ask this, but will 2-D versions be included as well for the benefit of those of us who don't have 3-D TVs?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming September 27th on 4KUHD!

2019 HDR/Dolby Vision Remastered by Paramount Pictures, Supervised & Approved by Director Adrian Lyne

Indecent Proposal (1993)
Starring Robert Redford, Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson, Seymour Cassel, Oliver Platt, Billy Bob Thornton, Rip Taylor & Billy Connolly – Shot by Howard Atherton (Bad Boys, Deep Rising) – Music by John Barry (On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, Out of Africa) – Screenplay by Amy Holden Jones (Mystic Pizza, The Rich Man’s Wife) – Directed by Adrian Lyne (Fatal Attraction, Jacob’s Ladder, Lolita, Unfaithful, Deep Water).

1655650829662.png

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Three of the sixteen UHD titles we acquired were not originally titles we had targeted, at least not as 4K releases, but we decided to acquire them once we knew the films were already restored in HDR/Dolby Vision by the studio, Indecent Proposal was one of these titles, the other two will be announced soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruavain
Recent bookmarks