What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (19 Viewers)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
And lost the most amount money.

Yes, I suppose they won that contest as well, although it
But this will have Amanda Pays in 4k.:eek:

Yes, Amanda was pretty hot back then. I loved her in the oddly absent (from Blu-ray) t.v. series MAX HEADROOM, and was in an X-FILES episode.

Question: will this release come with a standard Blu-ray? Not my favorite movie, as I've indicated, but I might purchase it.

Kaskade1309

Screenwriter
Real Name
S
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

Brand New HDR Dolby Vision Master!

LEVIATHAN (1989)
Starring Peter Weller, Richard Crenna, Amanda Pays, Daniel Stern, Ernie Hudson, Lisa Eilbacher, Hector Elizondo & Meg Foster – Shot by Alex Thomson (Excalibur) – Music by Jerry Goldsmith (First Blood) – Screenplay by David Webb Peoples (Blade Runner) & Jeb Stuart (Die Hard) – Directed by George P. Cosmatos (Rambo: First Blood Part II, Tombstone).

View attachment 140047
I was going to buy this as the Scream Factory Collector's Edition Blu-ray -- now I will pick it up in 4K. Great little graphic horror flick...

Any word on when this will be out?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New HD Master by MGM!

LONELYHEARTS (1958)
Starring Montgomery Clift, Robert Ryan, Myrna Loy, Dolores Hart, Maureen Stapleton & Jackie Coogan – Shot by John Alton (He Walked by Night, Elmer Gantry) – Directed by Vincent J. Donehue (Sunrise at Campobello).
Academy Award Nomination: Best Supporting Actress (Stapleton)

View attachment 139966
Great news. Watched this a few times on VHS in the late 80's and have not seen it since. Another good Clift performance.

Kaskade1309

Screenwriter
Real Name
S
I actually liked Leviathan more than Deep Star Six; one of those Armageddon/Deep Impact and Olympus Has Fallen/White House Down situations...

Has there been any word about when Leviathan will be available on UHD Blu?

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Not now, apparently, but a few years back, yes. Kino managed to finesse a few Touchstone/Hollywood titles out of Disney's iron grasp.
Alas, the three that I had hoped for from that deal, Julia Roberts/Nick Nolte in I Love Trouble, Gwyneth Paltrow's Emma and Bette Midler/Shelley Long, Outrageous Fortune, were not among the offerings. Thank God we were given Long in Hello Again - not a great film, but a charming 'feel good' for sure. Loved it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I was going to buy this as the Scream Factory Collector's Edition Blu-ray -- now I will pick it up in 4K. Great little graphic horror flick...

Any word on when this will be out?

I imagine that the announcement we just got was the result of Kino signing the contract for it. I further imagine that we won't get a street date until Kino has determine how much time they will need to do the work necessary. There are, by my count, about a dozen UHD announcements from Kino that don't yet have street dates.

Kaskade1309

Screenwriter
Real Name
S
I imagine that the announcement we just got was the result of Kino signing the contract for it. I further imagine that we won't get a street date until Kino has determine how much time they will need to do the work necessary. There are, by my count, about a dozen UHD announcements from Kino that don't yet have street dates.
Appreciate it.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 16th!

Electra Glide in Blue (1973)
• Brand New 4K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Screenwriter Robert Boris, Moderated by Film Historian Alex Van Dyne (Manager of Eddie Brandt's Saturday Matinee)
• Audio Commentary with Composer/Producer/Director James William Guercio
• NEW Interview with Actor Mitchell Ryan
• NEW Interview with Screenwriter Robert Boris
• Introduction by James William Guercio
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 114 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
With its mesmerizing visuals, Easy Rider-style social commentary and electrifying rock soundtrack, Electra Glide in Blue is the quintessential ’70s cult classic. Robert Blake (Busting, TV’s Baretta) creates a vivid character of almost mythic proportions as a small motorcycle cop in Arizona who’s promoted for exposing a murder. Eventually his basic virility runs him afoul of the sheriff and he’s busted back down to his bike, the Harley-Davidson Electra Glide. With classic irony, he finally comes into deadly conflict with a group of hippies…the very people who most nearly reflect his own values. The brilliant cinematography of Conrad Hall (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) and an uncompromising screenplay by Robert Boris (Steele Justice) highlight this stunning film debut for producer/director/composer James William Guerico. Featuring fine supporting turns by Billy “Green” Bush (The Organization), Mitchell Ryan (High Plains Drifter), Elisha Cook Jr. (I Wake Up Screaming) and Royal Dano (Spaced Invaders).

EGIB.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Coming August 16th!

• Brand New 4K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Screenwriter Robert Boris, Moderated by Film Historian Alex Van Dyne (Manager of Eddie Brandt's Saturday Matinee)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card

With its mesmerizing visuals, Easy Rider-style social commentary and electrifying rock soundtrack, Electra Glide in Blue is the quintessential ’70s cult classic. Robert Blake (Busting, TV’s Baretta) creates a vivid character of almost mythic proportions as a small motorcycle cop in Arizona who’s promoted for exposing a murder. Eventually his basic virility runs him afoul of the sheriff and he’s busted back down to his bike, the Harley-Davidson Electra Glide. With classic irony, he finally comes into deadly conflict with a group of hippies…the very people who most nearly reflect his own values. The brilliant cinematography of Conrad Hall (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) and an uncompromising screenplay by Robert Boris (Steele Justice) highlight this stunning film debut for producer/director/composer James William Guerico. Featuring fine supporting turns by Billy “Green” Bush (The Organization), Mitchell Ryan (High Plains Drifter), Elisha Cook Jr. (I Wake Up Screaming) and Royal Dano (Spaced Invaders).

View attachment 140387
I like this film. Great cinematography. Too bad it doesn't include a commentary from star Blake...:oops:

lark144

Screenwriter
Real Name
mark gross
Coming August 16th!

• Brand New 4K Master
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card

View attachment 140387
This is a must own, for me, anyway. Glad to see the screenwriiter, Robert Boris, is doing a commentary. I'm sure he'll have very interesting things to say.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
It’s great that you were able to interview Mitchell Ryan for this release. Since he died in March, this was probably one of his last interviews if not the very last interview.

I look forward to getting this.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
It’s great that you were able to interview Mitchell Ryan for this release. Since he died in March, this was probably one of his last interviews if not the very last interview.

I look forward to getting this.
We interviewed him two to three weeks before his passing, he had asked us to send him the Blu-ray. :(

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 9th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-trials-of-oscar-wilde-blu-ray

The Trials of Oscar Wilde (1960)
• Theatrical Trailer (The Man with the Green Carnation)

Color 130 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
The Trials of Oscar Wilde chronicles the true story of the renowned playwright’s courtroom clashes with the Marquess of Queensberry and the tragic turn his life takes because of it. Peter Finch (Network) gives a fascinating, BAFTA-winning portrayal of the brilliant Irish writer, who brings a libel suit against the Marquess (Lionel Jeffries, The Quatermass Xperiment) after he accuses Wilde of seducing his son, Lord Alfred Douglas (John Fraser, Isadora). The hearing results in Wilde’s own scandalous trial and prosecution for gross indecency and sodomy. Directed by Ken Hughes (Cromwell, The Internecine Project) and co-starring Yvonne Mitchell (The Queen of Spades), James Mason (The Man Between) and Nigel Patrick (The Sound Barrier), The Trials of Oscar Wilde (also known as The Man with the Green Carnation and The Green Carnation) is a riveting, controversial look at the most notorious court battle of the late 19th century.

TRIALS_OF_OSCAR_WILDE_flat.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruavain
Recent bookmarks